Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14

Thread: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    It's ok. I'm not Mike and I'm not like Mike and I have been called many other things and people, like Levi's dad, a Techster (anyhow I have 2 degrees, neither of which is from there), and many other things or people. But no one will ever know.
    All good with me, not trying to cause any issues with any one.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I think it pretty impressive that Lagneaux's has been doing it for 40+ years.
    It's crazy how packed it is on a Friday if people want soggy fried fish and dried out crawfish etoffee more power to them.

I'm a little spoiled with seafood though

3. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    It's crazy how packed it is on a Friday if people want soggy fried fish and dried out crawfish etoffee more power to them.

Chefs move around all the time.

I am amazed at how often a good or bad food experience is attached only to the restaurant when the chef has long since moved on to your other favorite restaurant.

I wonder if there is an app to track chef movements? The app probably couldn't keep up.

Agree. I've always thought their food was overrated but they just pack it in.

When we are down there, we frequently eat at Dupuy's. Back in February we went in there in the afternoon and we were frankly disappointed. Perhaps they were just off their game that day.

Been a while since I went there, but I was never a fan because of what you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I think it pretty impressive that Lagneaux's has been doing it for 40+ years.
    They celebrated 50 years last year

8. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Quote Originally Posted by pasbon View Post
    They celebrated 50 years last year
    Amazing accomplishment

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    Well we had Poches for lunch on Friday and Sunday and they did not disappoint, we had coctails at Carpe Diem which were good, the cheese plate was nothing to talk about. We had dinner at RocknBowl and the new menu is awesome, they hit it out of the park on that dinner, a little pricey but well worth it. Hit all of the boudin stops and caught a good zydeco band at Artitude Friday and the band at RockBowl was good Friday night. Sat afternoon we wandered and went by campus which looks great now. The additions around Cypress Lake are great and we saw a couple of gators hanging out along the wall. Went by fraternity row and it was actually clean. Went back to Artitude Sat for a while but they had some little hippie dj's playing stuff that it would take lsd to like and ended up at Spoonbill for drinks. Found some great Magnalite at Dales Pawn in Breaux Bridge and filled up a 55 qt and a 25 qt cooler with goodies to bring home. Weather was perfect all weekend and we even played tourist and went on an airboat ride on Sunday before heading home.

Even squeezed in breakfast at Dwyers and Hub City which didn't disappoint. The boudin stuffed omelet was crazy good.

Overall a perfect trip and hated to come home especially since I got home to a crapped out hot water heater and a fried gfi outlet on my deepfreeze, good thing it was still fairly frozen.
    Now I just have to wait for football season to sneak in my next trip
    You should be a travel writer!
    Glad your trip was a success.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14

Thread Information