Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Very underrated craft beer spot With a solid selection

Daily Happy Hour

2 for 1 draft beer, margaritas, and well drinks

4 - 6 pm every. single. day.
    Smoothies are good, too, - apparently, owners are Cajun fans.

https://www.20point3.com/stockists

2. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Cafe Sydnie Mae in Breaux Bridge is a great place. We love going there when we come to town

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I hate to start a restaurant thread, but I need a break and am coming to Lafayette this weekend. Staying at the Juliet and coming in Fri afternoon and leaving Sun noonish.

We will do some of normal things like farmers market and boudin and sausage shopping around town. Also I owe my wife a trip to Revival Antiques in Scott since she was at home for months while the kids homeschooled and apparently when kids go off to college they get more difficult when they are home.

What I need to know is who all might have inside seating and where might be a couple of good dinners while we are in town. Downtown would be great since it would be walking.

We are also probably catch a band at RocknBowl one night so hopefully a good one is playing.
    Let us know where you went and how it was.

Not sure if mentioned yet, but Cafe Josephine in Sunset is a great place.

the way I remember Lafandas was long wait lots of margaritas while you waited and then you didn't remember the food afterwards due to the margaritas
    I don’t think I’ve met anyone who ever went to Lafonda for the food. It’s Mexican-ish, right?

I hate to start a restaurant thread, but I need a break and am coming to Lafayette this weekend. Staying at the Juliet and coming in Fri afternoon and leaving Sun noonish.

We will do some of normal things like farmers market and boudin and sausage shopping around town. Also I owe my wife a trip to Revival Antiques in Scott since she was at home for months while the kids homeschooled and apparently when kids go off to college they get more difficult when they are home.

What I need to know is who all might have inside seating and where might be a couple of good dinners while we are in town. Downtown would be great since it would be walking.

We are also probably catch a band at RocknBowl one night so hopefully a good one is playing.
    I hope you weren't in the area when this happened

https://www.katc.com/news/lafayette-...yette-shooting

Mrs. Yokel and I went check out Cafe 20.3 this afternoon. Great appetizers and beer selection. Hung out there for a couple of hours. Good atmosphere and good people. Will probably take a trip back there in my kayak sometime this week for happy hour.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Mrs. Yokel and I went check out Cafe 20.3 this afternoon. Great appetizers and beer selection. Hung out there for a couple of hours. Good atmosphere and good people. Will probably take a trip back there in my kayak sometime this week for happy hour.
    Great to hear. We will check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Not sure if mentioned yet, but Cafe Josephine in Sunset is a great place.
    I probably didn’t mention it because it’s not in Lafayette, but best chargrilled oysters I’ve ever had at a restaurant.

Ordered their fried seafood platter so I could sample different things, and there’s a flavor in their shrimp stuffing that really turned me off.

Next time, I’m ordering 3xs the oysters, or oysters and the seared ribeye cap.

10. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

They’re on the list 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I probably didn’t mention it because it’s not in Lafayette, but best chargrilled oysters I’ve ever had at a restaurant.

Ordered their fried seafood platter so I could sample different things, and there’s a flavor in their shrimp stuffing that really turned me off.

Next time, I’m ordering 3xs the oysters, or oysters and the seared ribeye cap.
    I suppose it's in Lafayette as much as Sydnie Mae or Buck and Johnnie's is....

The ribeye cap at Cafe Josephine is ridiculous. I'm having one Wednesday night with my wife for our 20th.

Still can't believe no one has mentioned shucks or dupuys down in Abbeville. It feels like christmas morning when i eat at shucks.

Quote Originally Posted by wscoog View Post
    Still can't believe no one has mentioned shucks or dupuys down in Abbeville. It feels like christmas morning when i eat at shucks.
    Dupys has been closed since Rona hit I think they are back open

They also run the eatry in Maurice its pretty good

I still don't like shucks tried a few different things there ranks 4th for me in Abbeville seafood places

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Dupys has been closed since Rona hit I think they are back open

They also run the eatry in Maurice its pretty good

I still don't like shucks tried a few different things there ranks 4th for me in Abbeville seafood places
    Same. Add Shucks to the list of places I don’t understand the love for.

no we were well asleep by the time that happened, we wandered down that far in the afternoon looking at the artists but didn't go out that far down.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information