Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I think Blanchards is excellent Texas style BBQ. They are a bit pricey IMO but I love their food.
    Full disclosure. I have only had the brisket, which is my test for a bbq place. I found it a bit plain. The Mrs however loves it. What are you gonna do?!?

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Cafe 20.3 on General Mouton between Pinhook and acadiana dodge. Small, but great food,excellent choice of brews on tap and by the bottle. Love the cheeseburger wrap.
    Is that the little place across the river from the old pumping station?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I think Blanchards is excellent Texas style BBQ. They are a bit pricey IMO but I love their food.
    Their prices are in line with the Central TX BBQ style places in the Houston area. Places like Fege's, Pit Room and Corkscrew charge about the same as the prices on Blanchard's online menu. Truth (which I have yet to try but I hear is awesome) is pricier.

I have yet to try Blanchard's. Whenever we're back home visiting, we like to eat at places that are unique to the area and we can't get in Texas... like Johnson's, Pizza Village (the shrimp, meat and jalapeno pizza), Poseidon's, and Burger Zone in Crowley. We're way overdue for a DI's visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    I do not get the Blanchards love. Its ok but I think Johnsons is much better.
    Two different styles of BBQ. Johnson's is going to be more "Louisiana style". Blanchard's shoots for that Central Texas, long wood-smoked style, which is something the Acadiana area doesn't have. I appreciate both styles, and even bought a OK Joe's reverse flow smoker several years ago to try to duplicate some of my favorite C TX meats, but other times, I still crave that simple Cajun way BBQ'd pork steak, fall off the bone and a bit of sauce.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Two different styles of BBQ. Johnson's is going to be more "Louisiana style". Blanchard's shoots for that Central Texas, long wood-smoked style, which is something the Acadiana area doesn't have. I appreciate both styles, and even bought a OK Joe's reverse flow smoker several years ago to try to duplicate some of my favorite C TX meats, but other times, I still crave that simple Cajun way BBQ'd pork steak, fall off the bone and a bit of sauce.
    I'm going to have to do some BBQ research. If you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    I'm going to have to do some BBQ research. If you know what I mean.
    Well yeah, no one should be posting stuff on here without first properly fully vetting each situation and account. We expect a full, well informed report.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    MAT, believe it is.

https://www.20point3.com/contact

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Corner of general Mouton and east university, across from the Prop Shop boat dealer. I've never been disappointed with the food or service.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Cafe 20.3 on General Mouton between Pinhook and acadiana dodge. Small, but great food,excellent choice of brews on tap and by the bottle. Love the cheeseburger wrap.
    Very underrated craft beer spot With a solid selection

Daily Happy Hour

2 for 1 draft beer, margaritas, and well drinks

4 - 6 pm every. single. day.

If you are going to Revival in Scott, I strongly suggest you try Uncle T’s , which is just across railroad tracks. They have only been open a couple of years, but they definitely know what they are doing. Excellent fried seafood and poboys. If you like chargrilled oysters, they are some of the best I’ve ever had! Boiled seafood is really good as well, however I think they are done with boiled crawfish for the season. For drinks they have a delicious smoked Bloody Mary that is garnished with a boiled shrimp, and their old fashioned is really good as well!

the way I remember Lafandas was long wait lots of margaritas while you waited and then you didn't remember the food afterwards due to the margaritas

Without starting another food thread, and with the mentioning of German cockroaches leads me to ask if there are any local places that serve German food?

I’m always looking for a good bratwurst with sauerkraut or reuben sandwich.
    I’ve never been to Zuhause, but it mostly looks like pastries. I can’t get their menu to open. Anyone ever been?

Are there any hole in the wall joints around Roberts Cove?

13. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    Without starting another food thread, and with the mentioning of German cockroaches leads me to ask if there are any local places that serve German food?

I'm always looking for a good bratwurst with sauerkraut or reuben sandwich.
    I've never been to Zuhause, but it mostly looks like pastries. I can't get their menu to open. Anyone ever been?

I've been inside Zuhause (for pastries) and they have soups and other foods but I didn't notice and couldn't tell you if any of them were German.

ps My grandmother could have.

I’m always looking for a good bratwurst with sauerkraut or reuben sandwich.
    I’ve never been to Zuhause, but it mostly looks like pastries. I can’t get their menu to open. Anyone ever been?

Not sure why menu doesn't open for you. Just looked but I don't see anything on the menu that looks like what you are looking for.

I'm always looking for a good bratwurst with sauerkraut or reuben sandwich.
    I've never been to Zuhause, but it mostly looks like pastries. I can't get their menu to open. Anyone ever been?

I think the closest you will get around here will be some Weihenstaphaner hefe!
    Cove Germans eat crawfish, not schnitzel.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information