Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    My H2Bs say El Passo by IHOP is the best in town
    I'll have to try that one. I've been very happy with the times I've gone to Azteca's.

That’s usually a good indicator. I’ll have to check it out.

Not Mexican, but Habana City is known to be a very very good Cuban joint

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post

Yes! One of my faves in town.

4. Default

Great place.

I miss the old Guamas downtown/st. mary! That place was even better!

LA Papa Loca is my favorite Mexican restaurant right now. Great food. No English.

Pop's Hot Hot is probably the best poboy in Lafayette, but you will pay extra the day after you eat it, if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Have you tried Azteca's?
    No, I haven’t. I’ll give it a shot but honestly when I’m in Lafayette, I want good local Cajun cuisine.
    Besides, we have an abundance of great Mex where I live from Spanish speaking only joints, upscale Nuevo, standard Tex, the chains like Superiors & Torchy’s (great BTW) to coastal Mex. We got it covered.
    I’ve kinda sad that Saint St (around from ole Tyme) closed! Thought they had a great thing going there but I heard they were in financial trouble before Covid.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I miss the old Guamas downtown/st. mary! That place was even better!
    Yes. Everything there was fantastic. Wish I would have eaten more when it was open.

So the two el Paso restaurants are different?

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I hate to start a restaurant thread, but I need a break and am coming to Lafayette this weekend. Staying at the Juliet and coming in Fri afternoon and leaving Sun noonish.

We will do some of normal things like farmers market and boudin and sausage shopping around town. Also I owe my wife a trip to Revival Antiques in Scott since she was at home for months while the kids homeschooled and apparently when kids go off to college they get more difficult when they are home.

What I need to know is who all might have inside seating and where might be a couple of good dinners while we are in town. Downtown would be great since it would be walking.

We are also probably catch a band at RocknBowl one night so hopefully a good one is playing.
    If you are up for a little adventure, you could do a combo visit to Little Big Cup in Arnaudville and on your way back, a visit to LA 31 brewery. It would make a nice afternoon. We did it a while back with friends. LBC is underrated and often not talked about but its a great place on the Teche.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Wow another blast from the past. Not sure if they still serve plate lunches. I could not eat one right now anyway.Food coma city! They used to pile so much food on there.
    I do not get the Blanchards love. Its ok but I think Johnsons is much better.
    I think Blanchards is excellent Texas style BBQ. They are a bit pricey IMO but I love their food.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    You forgot to add LaFonda to the don't waste your time list
    I know some people rag on Lafonda and I guess I can agree their Tex Mex is likely no better than the next guy in town but they have some great things on the menu. The fried chicken or fried wings may be some of the best in town. Period. Their steak kabob is solid, The Alphonse double chop and all of their steak options with Don Briggs on top are hard to beat. Just sayin. I guess I can't forget about the fried rabbit too.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    No, I haven’t. I’ll give it a shot but honestly when I’m in Lafayette, I want good local Cajun cuisine.
    Besides, we have an abundance of great Mex where I live from Spanish speaking only joints, upscale Nuevo, standard Tex, the chains like Superiors & Torchy’s (great BTW) to coastal Mex. We got it covered.
    I’ve kinda sad that Saint St (around from ole Tyme) closed! Thought they had a great thing going there but I heard they were in financial trouble before Covid.
    Torchy's would do great in Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    If you are up for a little adventure, you could do a combo visit to Little Big Cup in Arnaudville and on your way back, a visit to LA 31 brewery. It would make a nice afternoon. We did it a while back with friends. LBC is underrated and often not talked about but its a great place on the Teche.
    Went on mother's day several years back. Great little restaurant.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information