Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming to town and need restaurant info

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Is Leonard "Lenny" Louviere no longer involved?
    Not sure. After several visits that did not meet the quality we’d come to expect, I asked a manager one night. I was told that Zea was under new ownership and looking to expand. “Bare with us; just growing pains.”

That was sometime early last year, I believe. It’s been bad every time we’ve gone since.

Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    He hasn’t gone done hill. You’re right.

It’s fallen off of a cliff.

Before we moved to our current home, we lived right around the corner from Zea. 8/10 of weekly dates with the Mrs. was spent eating rotisserie steak, Thai Ribs, corner grits, Mediterranean Humus, etc etc. (Also, Zea is not a chain. It started in BR and opened the one in Lafayette. It may have become a chain, but for years, there were two locations and a brewery. If they did expand further, which I think they did, that has a lot to do with why it absolutely sucks now. Just like Coyote Blues, god rests its soul.)

Zea is a shell of its former self. Nay, it’s an imposter.
    This hasn't been my experience nor my wife's. I've never had a bad experience at Zea's, Food or Service.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    This hasn't been my experience nor my wife's. I've never had a bad experience at Zea's, Food or Service.
    It’s been awful for a year or longer. I know I’m not the only one that has experienced this. For those that frequented Zea often in years passed, It’s not even remotely the same food or service.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    I hate to start a restaurant thread, but I need a break and am coming to Lafayette this weekend. Staying at the Juliet and coming in Fri afternoon and leaving Sun noonish.

We will do some of normal things like farmers market and boudin and sausage shopping around town. Also I owe my wife a trip to Revival Antiques in Scott since she was at home for months while the kids homeschooled and apparently when kids go off to college they get more difficult when they are home.

What I need to know is who all might have inside seating and where might be a couple of good dinners while we are in town. Downtown would be great since it would be walking.

We are also probably catch a band at RocknBowl one night so hopefully a good one is playing.
    Not sure if you knew, but I think they closed the discount store in the Scott Industrial Park.

The store in town is the only one now. And I don't know if the prices are as good.

Thanks for the heads up. Are they still doing Zydeco breakfast on Saturday mornings?
    No Buck and Johnnies does the Zydeco breakfast and music

6. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

It’s been awful for a year or longer. I know I’m not the only one that has experienced this. For those that frequented Zea often in years passed, It’s not even remotely the same food or service.
    Haven’t been to Zea’sin a while, but it sure smells great when you are swimming at Red’s late afternoon, early evening.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Haven’t been to Zea’sin a while, but it sure smells great when you are swimming at Red’s late afternoon, early evening.
    That is absolutely correct. I swear to god, you can smell that place from Rotary Point.

I guess it comes down to taste. I have to laugh when people brag on Pete's. I go there because my friends go there to watch away games in sports. As for the food, you can get better burgers at a number of places and their lunch menu is nothing.

If you like 4 star food, Nash's is as good as it gets in the area served by a very good chief. There are many good places to eat for casual dinning in the area, so I won't list my favorites.

9. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

That is absolutely correct. I swear to god, you can smell that place from Rotary Point.
    We have agreed twice in one week. Maybe there is a chance . . . 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Lafonda sucks, but there’s really no good Mexican, Nuevo Mex, Tex/Mex in Lafayette period.
    El Portillo on Moss St is decent. Price is right.

11. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

I don't think La Fonda sucks. You have to do it right and stick to a couple staples.

Margaritas, Margarita's, Margarita's.

Fried Rabbit, Fried Chicken, Griggs Special or Carne Asada.

Amerretta Freeze

You stick to this and your time will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Lafonda sucks, but there’s really no good Mexican, Nuevo Mex, Tex/Mex in Lafayette period.
    Have you tried Azteca's?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Have you tried Azteca's?
    My H2Bs say El Passo by IHOP is the best in town

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Have you tried Azteca's?
    I'm a fan.

He hasn’t gone done hill. You’re right.

It’s fallen off of a cliff.

Before we moved to our current home, we lived right around the corner from Zea. 8/10 of weekly dates with the Mrs. was spent eating rotisserie steak, Thai Ribs, corner grits, Mediterranean Humus, etc etc. (Also, Zea is not a chain. It started in BR and opened the one in Lafayette. It may have become a chain, but for years, there were two locations and a brewery. If they did expand further, which I think they did, that has a lot to do with why it absolutely sucks now. Just like Coyote Blues, god rests its soul.)

Zea is a shell of its former self. Nay, it’s an imposter.
    They actually started in Harahan / New Orleans then lafayette before they added several other locations

I agree that it’s not quite what it used to be and some of their menu changes haven’t been the best

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information