Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming to town and need restaurant info

1. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Shidddd, if we’re expanding out into the nether regions...

Victor’s (DT) and Brenda’s (neighborhood) in New Iberia have some of the best lunch I’ve ever tasted...

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I knew you meant Mickeys and not Nickeys,lol..Was just giving you a hard time.
    Whatever you call it, its good!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Mo' Crawfish in Mowata between Crowley and Eunice is very good, very consistent. Like Cest Bon and DI's well worth the drive.
    Mo Crawfish is run by good people too.

C est Bon in Mermentau great crabs in season and the best seafood gumbo period

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I knew you meant Mickeys and not Nickeys,lol..Was just giving you a hard time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    Mo' Crawfish in Mowata between Crowley and Eunice is very good, very consistent. Like Cest Bon and DI's well worth the drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Agree.
    Agree.
    Agree.
    Agree.
    Agree.

Damn I love food threads, and this one getting into places like Burger Zone is a good one.
    Food threads are the one place where we can all come together. Everyone is correct. Some are just more correct than others!

Cafe Des Amie is now Cafe Sydnie Mae.. You need to try their 20 oz grilled pork chop, very good.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tasso View Post
    Cafe Des Amie is now Cafe Sydnie Mae.. You need to try their 20 oz grilled pork chop, very good.
    Thanks for the heads up. Are they still doing Zydeco breakfast on Saturday mornings?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

Places you’ll hear people talk about but should not waste your time:
    Zea
    Blue Dog Cafe
    Lil Big Cup
    Prejean’s
    Charlie G’s
    Randol’s
    LaFonda’s

Ah man, Charlie G's is really good, but more formal. And I really like Zea ribs.....and those corn grits.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Ah man, Charlie G's is really good, but more formal. And I really like Zea ribs.....and those corn grits.
    Zea was a top 5 restaurant in this town before the new ownership and expansion. It has gone into the tank. So much so, we’ve basically crossed them off of our list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    To be fair, it is an 'experience'. Family from out of state likes to go to Randols for the music/dancing, etc. Prejeans is the same. A good experience for out of towners.
    DI's out in the country past Iota is as authentic as it gets.
    Yep. I always tell people that are looking for advice that there are places that are much better for food or better places to go dancing, but if you want both of those together, Randolls or Prejeans are not bad.

Zea was a top 5 restaurant in this town before the new ownership and expansion. It has gone into the tank. So much so, we’ve basically crossed them off of our list.
    huh...I haven't been there in quite a while. When did the ownership change? At the same time of the expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Tasso View Post
    Miss the old Zydeco Brunch on Sat morning at Des Amis. I haven’t tried Cafe Syd but really cool spot to spend a Sat morning.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    huh...I haven't been there in quite a while. When did the ownership change? At the same time of the expansion?
    No it hasn’t gone down hill. while Zea is a chain, it’s still good. I was there in early Feb & the Thai Ribs were still solid.

13. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Is Leonard "Lenny" Louviere no longer involved?

Went last Nov it was terrible .. I was not sure if my taste had changed or they went down guess I got my answer

That was my go-to date spot in college impressed all the ladies

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    No it hasn’t gone down hill. while Zea is a chain, it’s still good. I was there in early Feb & the Thai Ribs were still solid.
    He hasn’t gone done hill. You’re right.

It’s fallen off of a cliff.

Before we moved to our current home, we lived right around the corner from Zea. 8/10 of weekly dates with the Mrs. was spent eating rotisserie steak, Thai Ribs, corner grits, Mediterranean Humus, etc etc. (Also, Zea is not a chain. It started in BR and opened the one in Lafayette. It may have become a chain, but for years, there were two locations and a brewery. If they did expand further, which I think they did, that has a lot to do with why it absolutely sucks now. Just like Coyote Blues, god rests its soul.)

Zea is a shell of its former self. Nay, it’s an imposter.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information