Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

...and different strokes...for different folks....and so on and so on and scooby dooby doo be.

2. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I agree with MAT. I would do any recommendation on this board but that one. Yet to really have a good time at the Bon Temps.
    This is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    well, since you're staying downtown, there are many good places to eat. Pampola Tapas Bar is right down the street from the Juliet. It's pricey,, but very good. Pop's po-boys is a block away. Their po boys are second only to Olde Tyme.

You said you're going to go to rocknbowl. They have good food. So does Spoonbill right across the street.

Farther down Jefferson, Central Pizza has great homemade pizza. La Carreta has good Mexican and Tsunami has the best sushi in the city, IMO.

And, you can't beat Dwyers for breakfast, corner Jefferson and Garfield.

You could literally eat every meal on your trip, never hit the same spot twice and never get in your car.
    Pop's Poboys is second to only Olde Tyme Grocery except that Pop's has a meatball poboy with roux gravy which nobody else in Lafayette has.

I will say it every time: The stuffed brisket grilled cheese at Johnson's Boucanierre (downtown) dipped in their homemade bbq sauce is the best EVERY SATURDAY breakfast. Side of boudin also dipped in their homemade bbq sauce is on another level.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Not even in the top 20. This ain’t South Arkansas...
    Look...leave your bias out of this. The man was asking for good recs...it was recommended to me & I’ve always had good experiences there. You can certainly eat fancier, more expensive food but it’s hard to beat.
    I seriously question your taste if you think Bon Temp isn’t on your top list. I’m in Laf several times a month, so I’ve been to most restaurants in & around the city. Some our waaaay overrated.

6. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Look...leave your bias out of this. The man was asking for good recs...it was recommended to me & I've always had good experiences there. You can certainly eat fancier, more expensive food but it's hard to beat.
    I seriously question your taste if you think Bon Temp isn't on your top list. I'm in Laf several times a month, so I've been to most restaurants in & around the city. Some our waaaay overrated.
    This would be the top of that list - waaaaay overrated.

The breakfast or plate lunch at Dwyer's cannot be beat. Price is right and if you leave hungry it's your fault.

Spoonbill is great. Additionally consider Mandez's Seafood Bar and Grill on Doucet Rd. Very casual, very good chow.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    This would be the top of that list - waaaaay overrated.
    Let’s hear your top 5.

10. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    Let's hear your top 5.
    This is the only restaurant listed I would not go to. Like TTMW said, he would be safe, comfortable and full of good food even if he never gets in a car once at the Juliet.

In phase II, all restaurants can have inside seating with seating capacity at 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Not even in the top 20. This ain’t South Arkansas...
    Which one. Social or Bon Temps. If Bon Temps food not in your top twenty you’re fired.

Thanks for staying at the Juliet!! And stop in at Genterie and shop!!

Downtown has a bright future in Lafayette. Need more living units.

15. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Which one. Social or Bon Temps. If Bon Temps food not in your top twenty you’re fired.
    I am fired and unemployable if that is the standard.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information