Thread: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Have you tried Azteca's?
    We dig on it.

And I think the owner is a big UL guy.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    If you are up for a little adventure, you could do a combo visit to Little Big Cup in Arnaudville and on your way back, a visit to LA 31 brewery. It would make a nice afternoon. We did it a while back with friends. LBC is underrated and often not talked about but its a great place on the Teche.
    Friends of ours got married at LA 31 last August the weekend of our anniversary.

Got an Air B and B, went up Friday night. Had dinner there and breakfast the next morning, and then the wedding Saturday night.

Outstanding food and environment. Really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    Torchy's would do great in Lafayette
    I’m sure ones coming to Lafayette soon! It would do well in River Ranch area. There’s just too much shat off Ambassador. I think the only two right now in LA are SHV & LC. It’s nothing mind blowing but tacos are legit.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    El Portillo on Moss St is decent. Price is right.
    I’d say it’s more than decent!! It’s my go to for Mexican!!
    Plus it’s the only place in town where the beer is cheaper than soda - gotta love that!!

I think Blanchards is excellent Texas style BBQ. They are a bit pricey IMO but I love their food.
    I am really looking forward to the new BBQ joint "Chops" to open. Looks like it will be great.

Great thread.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Patacon, yet. Those Patacon sandwiches are killer!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDawg View Post
    I’m sure ones coming to Lafayette soon! It would do well in River Ranch area. There’s just too much shat off Ambassador. I think the only two right now in LA are SHV & LC. It’s nothing mind blowing but tacos are legit.
    Across from Cajun Field would be killer

Great post game drunk food speaking from experience

I know some people rag on Lafonda and I guess I can agree their Tex Mex is likely no better than the next guy in town but they have some great things on the menu. The fried chicken or fried wings may be some of the best in town. Period. Their steak kabob is solid, The Alphonse double chop and all of their steak options with Don Briggs on top are hard to beat. Just sayin. I guess I can't forget about the fried rabbit too.
    Agreed....it's hardly my favorite food, but I don't think it is as bad as people say. Of course, the margaritas might help in that regard. Plus it is just a fun place IMHO. I also do that Don Briggs steak, and it is pretty darn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    LA Papa Loca is my favorite Mexican restaurant right now. Great food. No English.
    Legit Mexican. I was getting meals there at least 3x/week. But it all stopped one night when 2 german cockroaches crawled out of the bag as I biting down on a torta.

Quote Originally Posted by jumboragncajun View Post
    Legit Mexican. I was getting meals there at least 3x/week. But it all stopped one night when 2 german cockroaches crawled out of the bag as I biting down on a torta.
    😂😂 That's part of the authenticity.
    They also don't sell cervesas, but you can bring your own.

That will kill your appetite for sure.

Cafe 20.3 on General Mouton between Pinhook and acadiana dodge. Small, but great food,excellent choice of brews on tap and by the bottle. Love the cheeseburger wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Cafe 20.3 on General Mouton between Pinhook and acadiana dodge. Small, but great food,excellent choice of brews on tap and by the bottle. Love the cheeseburger wrap.
    Haven't heard of this one. Thanks, I'll be checking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Agree with Slick about the food and beer choices - for all you kayakers out there, Cafe 20.3 is on the Vermilion River and has a dock - I have seen kayaks and paddle boards tied up to it (not that far from the Beaver Park boat ramp for paddle boarders)

15. Default Re: Coming to town and need restaurant info

La Cucaracha

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information