Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Summer whiskey thread

1. Default Re: Summer whiskey thread

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Someone can correct me, but I don't believe that is a bourbon. I believe it is a blended whiskey, which is probably why I haven't tried it. I'm just not a fan.

I"m also not a fan, by and large of Texas bourbons.
    My friend owns a distillery in Houston. He said that 70%+ of all whiskey in the US is actually blended. Most of the base of all whiskeys are bought from a single distributor in Indiana (MGP).
    It's funny when you see the reality of it all, but if you like the taste, who cares?.?.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/your-c...ery-in-indiana

Default Re: Summer whiskey thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post
    My friend owns a distillery in Houston. He said that 70%+ of all whiskey in the US is actually blended. Most of the base of all whiskeys are bought from a single distributor in Indiana (MGP).
    It's funny when you see the reality of it all, but if you like the taste, who cares?.?.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/your-c...ery-in-indiana
    I love bullet and its made by the "evil" Diageo

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Summer whiskey thread

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    My taste for bourbon was clenched when I had my first old fashion. God I love those along with szerarc
    Funny you mention the Sazerac. Living in Covington now, my wife and I have been going out to the bar at the Southern Hotel. The guys tending bar over there have made the Sazerac my alltime favorite drink.

Bourbons/whiskeys. Latest from Super 1....before tax

Angel's Envy $44
    Bulleit Bourbon $27
    Bulleit Rye $27
    Sazerac Rye $25

Enjoy the weekend RP'ers

Quote Originally Posted by mahtoo View Post

Angel's Envy $44
    Bulleit Bourbon $27
    Bulleit Rye $27
    Sazerac Rye $25

Enjoy the weekend RP'ers
    Those are good prices.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Those are good prices.
    Super 1 has a decent selection. Not as extensive as NuNu's, Albertson's or Champagne's but pretty good. Prices competitive.

Super 1 has a decent selection. Not as extensive as NuNu's, Albertson's or Champagne's but pretty good. Prices competitive.
    Nu Nu s is the best!!! The short guy, forget his name, is helpful and knowledgeable in all things alcohol. Great pork skins too. IPA'S selection is a grown mans chucky cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Nu Nu s is the best!!! The short guy, forget his name, is helpful and knowledgeable in all things alcohol. Great pork skins too. IPA'S selection is a grown mans chucky cheese.
    Guess I'll have to make a trip some time. Haven't been there in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Believe it or not Phillipes wine cellar on ambassador caffery has a pretty eclectic but not extensive selection of spirits. Brandy, cognac, scotch, bourbon, tequila and vodka. Oh yeah wine too. Not wine snobs they will help you out.
    Phillipe’s is awesome. Orders special whiskey for me. Excellent customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Phillipe’s is awesome. Orders special whiskey for me. Excellent customer service.
    Great place. They turned me on to Kelt Tour du Monde cognac years ago. Really good stuff.

I went to Champagnes yesterday and saw their selection for the first time. Their prices are competitive. As I was told, they have Blantons but it's packaged as a gift set with some other stuff. I did notice it was the high end Blanton's, which fetches $100 or more if you can find it. The gift sets were $170-300. If your dad is a bourbon drinker it's a great gift if you want to spend the money.

I got a bottle of Heaven's Door to see what the fuss was all about. Also got some Michter's Rye and a bottle of 1796.

I know many of you said that yall are not a fan of Texas bourbons. A while back for a tailgate, a friend from Houston came in and brought some Yellow Rose Bourbon. I think its definately worth a try if you are looking for a good bourbon not made in Tennessee or Kentucky.

For those who like Texas bourbon/whiskey, give Garrison Brothers a try when you’re in the Hill Country. Distilled in Hye, which is not too far from San Marcos. We enjoy it. Nice tour of their facility and if you want you can sign up for their weekend bottlings. You help bottle their products and they feed and bourbon you for the weekend. Interesting concept.

Whiskey tribe distills coffee.

https://youtu.be/PbkUq1aR300

15. Default

Angel's Envy $44
    Bulleit Bourbon $27
    Bulleit Rye $27
    Sazerac Rye $25

Enjoy the weekend RP'ers
    That’s the best price on AE that I’ve seen around here. Thanks for the heads up Mahtoo.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information