Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Summer whiskey thread

Default Re: Summer whiskey thread

What all of you are talking about are bourbons. All bourbon is whiskey but not all whiskey is bourbon. Bourbon is made of at least 51% corn.

I drink my bourbon neat and i don't mind paying a little more if it's really good stuff. Angel's Envy is one of my favorites. It's about $48 per bottle.

Buffalo Trace is my favorite $25 bourbon here in Louisiana.

But, if you're in Texas, you'll find a 1/2 gallon size Wellers Green Label for $38.

And, if you ever see Very Old Barton, pick up a bottle. A half gallon is about $18 and you'd be amazed at how good it is.

Right now on my shelf I have Very Old Barton, Colonel Taylor, Angel's Envy and Buffalo Trace. Had SID Josh Brunner to my house last week and we killed a bottle of Jefferson's Ocean Wheated. It's about $78 a bottle, but it was really good.

Nunu's in Youngsville has an excellent selection of bourbon, maybe the best in town. Albertson's on Ambassador at Johnston has a good selection, too.

And, if you want to try something different, check out the selection at Joey's. You'll pay a couple of bucks more but you'll find things that are worth trying if you feel adventurous. I'm a big fan of Virgil Kaine. It's not cheap but I really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    What all of you are talking about are bourbons. All bourbon is whiskey but not all whiskey is bourbon. Bourbon is made of at least 51% corn.

I drink my bourbon neat and i don't mind paying a little more if it's really good stuff. Angel's Envy is one of my favorites. It's about $48 per bottle.

Buffalo Trace is my favorite $25 bourbon here in Louisiana.

But, if you're in Texas, you'll find a 1/2 gallon size Wellers Green Label for $38.

And, if you ever see Very Old Barton, pick up a bottle. A half gallon is about $18 and you'd be amazed at how good it is.

Right now on my shelf I have Very Old Barton, Colonel Taylor, Angel's Envy and Buffalo Trace. Had SID Josh Brunner to my house last week and we killed a bottle of Jefferson's Ocean Wheated. It's about $78 a bottle, but it was really good.

Nunu's in Youngsville has an excellent selection of bourbon, maybe the best in town. Albertson's on Ambassador at Johnston has a good selection, too.

And, if you want to try something different, check out the selection at Joey's. You'll pay a couple of bucks more but you'll find things that are worth trying if you feel adventurous. I'm a big fan of Virgil Kaine. It's not cheap but I really like it.
    My taste for bourbon was clenched when I had my first old fashion. God I love those along with szerarc

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Is it smoother than tito s
    Absolutely. It’s the best Vodka I’ve experienced. And that includes those I’ve had in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I want a smooth, sweet, grow hair on your chest recommendation.
    Find some bottled in bond always 100 proof and has specific rules about age and how its aged.

Been drinking Longbranch bourbon recently. Very nice! Under $40.
    From the Wild Turkey family of bourbon. Oak and Texas mesquite charcoal refined.
    Definitely recommend a try!!

Try this if you can find it, bottled within 5 miles of home base in NC...https://www.defiantwhisky.com/

7. Default Re: Summer whiskey thread

Angel’s Envy is a bourbon, but that’s my suggestion to anyone when I’m asked. Pretty sure Jay introduced me to AE.

Evan Williams single barrel is a really good bourbon under $30. Joey's has a nice sale on it now.

About to head to Nu Nu s to try a different brand suggested.

10. Default Re: Summer whiskey thread

Also if you want to experiment, buy a smoker. Smoked old fashions will make your house smell like wood but also make your drink taste amazing.

11. Default Re: Summer whiskey thread

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    These guys know their whiskey

https://youtu.be/PoeIPrIXUOw
    These guys were really fun to wAtch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post
    Sipping on Angel’s Envy tonight and am enjoying every sip more than the last. I also am a big fan of Willett.
    After much deliberation, I just got back from nu nu s where several here have suggested Angels Envy. I decided on that. After first few sips, this stuff is really amazing. Love the sweet overtones in it. Oh the bottle is pretty awesome to. My wife has plans for when I'm done with it.

After much deliberation, I just got back from nu nu s where several here have suggested Angels Envy. I decided on that. After first few sips, this stuff is really amazing. Love the sweet overtones in it. Oh the bottle is pretty awesome to. My wife has plans for when I'm done with it.
    Haha. My wife also loves that bottle. She uses it as a vase.

14. Default

🍻

Quote Originally Posted by Cajuns1 View Post
    Also if you want to experiment, buy a smoker. Smoked old fashions will make your house smell like wood but also make your drink taste amazing.
    Smoke a container of water for a couple hours and pour into ice molds for the bourbon too. 😎

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information