Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bowl Watch

Default Re: Bowl updates

On a good note. We moved up to #16 for the final poll of the regular season.

With all of the class action lawsuits out there, this would be a great opportunity to sue the “CFP SELECTION COMMITTEE” for violating anti trust laws.
    No way they can defend given the FACTS of the selections since 4 team implementation.

Final ap poll that is.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    OU at #6 over Cincy. Just come out and say it. The G5 will never have a seat at the table.

The G5 will never have a seat at the table.

Buffalo vs. Marshall in Camellia Bowl

Ball State will play San Jose State in Arizona Bowl, matchup of MAC & MWC champions

Several bowl games will be canceled today. Not enough teams. Crazy as that sounds in a season where everyone is eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunmac View Post
    The G5 will never have a seat at the table.
    Thanks. That’s all I wanted.

8. Default Re: Bowl updates

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Hey boomer do you know these guys:
    -----Ha--cant say I'do!!!!

If UCF, who was 13-0 in 2017 with a win over #7 Auburn in the the Peach Bowl and then in 2018 was 12-0 during the regular season (I think UCF was 5-0 against ranked opponents during this 25-0 run), if that UCF team did not get a shot, then there is no chance a G5 school will sniff an opportunity. I'm not sure where the ceiling is, but right now, so far as I can tell, it seems to be that a G5 school will have to go undefeated for a minimum of three years before they will considered for a playoff spot.

BTW, since the CFP began six years ago the G5 schools who have played in the NY6 are 4-2 against their P5 opponents.

Exactly
    Facts will support a case against CFP that they are violating anti trust laws.

Guess we won’t know our bowl until after 2:30 when NY6 bowls are announced.

Any truth to UL Indy Bowl vs Army? I like it.

"College Football News" predicts us against Boise St in Birmingham Bowl, 1 Jan

IDK. Read the Independence Bowl will allow 12,391 fans in stadium. Would be nice if our Governor, a West Point alum, would lobby for Louisiana to play Army in the Indy. Although it's possible the Independence could be cancelled this year due to so many teams opting out. We'll find out soon.

Yuup. Most of us could
    Make this one. Make it happen JBE, but he won’t do ____ for us.

Default Re: OK so what's our Bowl situation like now?

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    To me it just dont make any sense to play them. now that we are co-champs, whats the point? on paper/history books its complete. at this point people are just looks for bragging rights, mostly out of anger. win a bowl against Marshall and finish the season in top 20.
    Because we will not be viewed upon as co-champs. Don't you get that? CCU fans are actually ____ed that the conference named us such as their belief is that they already beat us and deserve to be the conference champs. You will never get the full respect of conference institutions until you prove it on the field and that was taken away from us.

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread Information