Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bowl Watch

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Gets 2nd Dibs for Sun Belt Rep

I believe if this had been the case this year, the Cajuns would have played in the New Orleans Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    I believe if this had been the case this year, the Cajuns would have played in the New Orleans Bowl.
    That's what I was thinking.

I'm glad we got the opportunity to try Orlando and Mobile. If only to say we went somewhere other than New Orleans (and even won one of them, yippee!)

I love the New Orleans Bowl and they clearly love the Cajuns. If we can't be in a "better" bowl with say a 6-7 win P5 team (because that's what you're likely to get) or another strong name from the G5, then NOLA is the place for us.

I think this is great for the conference and UL.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I guess we'll see. I think, at first glance, I'm going to like it. ESPN is going to be able to take the champion (in most years, anyway) and provide a solid matchup in a good location for fans.

And, if we don't win the title, New Orleans will be waiting.
    That's what I'm thinking: ifwhenwe have another great year this year, seems like we would have a better chance of getting a better game/bowl.

5. Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Gets 2nd Dibs for Sun Belt Rep

In the best years you get the designated best bowl.

In the second best years UL gets an even better bowl.

Win win

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    I said that and it still holds true when you talk about attendance. But there are also many who perceive that there are "better" bowls.

The champion will get a tough test somewhere. I think Frisco and Dallas would both be good destinations for fans. But anytime we don't win the title, we are probably headed to NO and since it's the second pick, people can't _____ about it.

I'm glad Lending Tree gets the fifth pick. I liked Mobile as a destination but the bowl people were far from being the nicest, or most competent, that I've ever been around.
    You are correct about the Lending Tree Bowl. I had a long write up on that one and it's problems. Ticketing system from the 60's. All employees there ready to work but being told to wait while fans stood outside waiting to buy tickets. No clear answers from anyone involved with the bowl. The young security guy tried his best to get answers but kept being told different answers from each bowl employee he talked to. I could go on for a while talking about that bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Will the Lending Tree Bowl move to USA's new stadium? Ladd-Peebles seems old and outdated.
    Last I read was that the bowl is committed to staying at Ladd-Peebles. The Senior Bowl is moving to the new USA stadium.

8. UL Football Re: New Orleans Bowl Gets 2nd Dibs for Sun Belt Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    You are correct about the Lending Tree Bowl. I had a long write up on that one and it's problems. Ticketing system from the 60's. All employees there ready to work but being told to wait while fans stood outside waiting to buy tickets. No clear answers from anyone involved with the bowl. The young security guy tried his best to get answers but kept being told different answers from each bowl employee he talked to. I could go on for a while talking about that bowl.
    We weren’t able to pick up our tickets at UL. The employees or volunteers were completely uniformed and virtually zero help in locating our pickup location. Other than that I had no problems.

One thing you have to say is Mobile gives out enough tickets to make the attendance look decent on tv. We sat around the 20 and were surrounded by people from Mobile and some told us that the give out tickets all over town to make sure that the attendance is there.

10. UL Football New Years 6 Bowl Games

The "not so serious" "about football" keep dropping like flies

If this keeps up, Louisiana will be well positioned for a New Year’s Six invite.

Let's face it, under the current format and without a major waiver, half the SEC won't even qualify for a bowl game.

previously posted on Twitter

11. Default College Football Bowl Projections - Week 3

247Sports projects Louisiana to play in the Liberty Bowl, which is scheduled for New Year's Eve, Thursday, December 31, in Memphis, Tennessee

Default Re: College Football Bowl Projections - Week 3

These are worthless as is most of the click bait they put out.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    247Sports projects Louisiana to play in the Liberty Bowl, which is scheduled for New Year's Eve, Thursday, December 31, in Memphis, Tennessee

And here is another one, with this one saying us and laturd in NOLA. I think if we ever have a chance to go to a bigger bowl it is this year. And also, if we do end up winning the conference, and are still ranked that could well happen.

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo.ls/predictions

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    And here is another one, with this one saying us and laturd in NOLA. I think if we ever have a chance to go to a bigger bowl it is this year. And also, if we do end up winning the conference, and are still ranked that could well happen.

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo.ls/predictions
    Well if we do end up there vs. LA Tech we better not ____ the bed again, or we just as soon get used to permanently being considered behind them and LSU in the pecking order.

15. Default Re: College Football Bowl Projections - Week 3

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Well if we do end up there vs. LA Tech we better not ____ the bed again, or we just as soon get used to permanently being considered behind them and LSU in the pecking order.
    I have not seen a poll where they were close to us 1

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information