Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 . LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bowl Watch

Default Re: OK so what's our Bowl situation like now?

Wow. What channel

ABC

Default Re: Bowl updates

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    Just saw on the ESPN website: Frisco Bowl-- Cancelled
    Odd i never heard of many cases in that area making national news. Need to dona study of cancellations based on conference affiliation cross referenced by blue or red state governor

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    ABC
    24-14 OU in the 4th

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    ABC
    ironic, thanks,,, maybe noone told them that black is not a skool color

Iowa State had a chance to win it but poor sideline management and a bad decision by Purdy ended it with his 3rd INT on the day.

Someone should tell Coastal that the OU-ISU game is a reason why the “we already beat them” argument is garbage. Doesn’t mean you’ll beat them again. Ask the Cyclones.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Their coach already said he doesn’t want to play us.

Look. For all those saying CC us ducking us, I get it. I don’t think it’s their intention, but it certainly works out well for them and not at all for us.

However, if you think going to a bowl and playing Marshall or UAB is better then actually playing a conference championship? You’re smoking something or you’re scared. If we are given the option but still don’t play because coastal refuses, I lose all respect for your program.
    To me it just dont make any sense to play them. now that we are co-champs, whats the point? on paper/history books its complete. at this point people are just looks for bragging rights, mostly out of anger. win a bowl against Marshall and finish the season in top 20.

Not sure id choose marshall. Didnt they end app state's road win streak and they are pretty famous for being good at bowls. They had a seven game bowl win streak before losing to ucf last year in ucf's backyard

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    To me it just dont make any sense to play them. now that we are co-champs, whats the point? on paper/history books its complete. at this point people are just looks for bragging rights, mostly out of anger. win a bowl against Marshall and finish the season in top 20.
    Well ccu would be a good matchup against a ranked opponent. Marshall is leaking oil and they play in the worst conference in all Of D1.

So it has nothing to do with anger and everything to do with playing a Quality opponent

No matter where we go dont we now have less than the normal 15 days of prep (or practices) normally allotted for a bowl game

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    I know CC and UL are not going to play, but I look at it like this. Playing a CUSA team is just white noise. No one cares. If we had a shot to play CC, you get your championship matchup back, you play a ranked team and it’ll have a heck of a lot more interest just because of the story. Most of the bowl season will be so bad this year, you basically just have to look for stories. That would be a story.

All I want for Christmas is to play in a New Years Bowl or beat Coastal on the field. To make it more exciting both teams put up their co-champ trophies on the outcome, and winner takes all.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Well ccu would be a good matchup against a ranked opponent. Marshall is leaking oil and they play in the worst conference in all Of D1.

So it has nothing to do with anger and everything to do with playing a Quality opponent
    Only reason i said Marshall is because Dr. Maggard said c-usa was the most likely opponents for the Sun Belt if we didnt make the NY6. and UAB rematch is not likely. He also said their is possibility of other teams due to all the opt outs, but could not bank on that. I get people listing what they want. I'm only saying what was most likely. I would prefer a P5 open up for us. not many good options this year, when we are the top 20 team.

Louisiana Vegas Odds

I know the CC coach picked us as favorites for Championship game. Does anybody know what the last odds from the Vegas were before the cancellation?? Also I wonder what the bonus was for Coastal's coach to be a co-champion with an undefeated season.

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 . LastLast

Thread Information