Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bowl Watch

Default Re: OK so what's our Bowl situation like now?

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Downside not a heck of a lot of affordable hotel options in annapolis
    It's a short drive into the edges of Baltimore where there are plenty of hotels. Given the leadership in that state, fans may not be allowed anyway.

Per this article, no fans allowed.

https://www.capitalgazette.com/sport.66m-story.html

who wants a 230 game on a Monday afternoon when people are all working, that is like the boobie prize at the carnival

Quote Originally Posted by BamaCajun View Post
    It's a short drive into the edges of Baltimore where there are plenty of hotels. Given the leadership in that state, fans may not be allowed anyway.
    I spoke at the Naval Academy a few years back, went with my family to D.C. Was surprised to find there is no train between the two. I had to rent a car.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    who wants a 230 game on a Monday afternoon when people are all working, that is like the boobie prize at the carnival
    Are people working? Per the big stimulus argument that is ongoing

Per this article, no fans allowed.

https://www.capitalgazette.com/sport.66m-story.html
    Thats weird. I thought payouts were set ahead of time. Thus the pecking order of tie ins and status of whats a quote better bowl The bs continues. Uggh

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Most likely Camellia Bowl on Christmas Day against a MAC powerhouse (sarcasm on).

I think a better option would be to look at the bowls whose conference tie-ins have opted out (ACC, PAC 12, etc.) to see if we can fill in the slot against a better opponent and payout. But it's safe to say that this commissioner will not do that.
    The only two teams going bowling from the MAC are the two that played last night. I do not believe either one will be in the Camellia. Before all of this came down, I was hearing all five contracted bowls would be against CUSA opposition. Whether that is still true remains to be seen.

I heard about the possibility of Annapolis, but that was before the game was cancelled I think. It still may be a possibility if Tulsa wins, putting Coastal in the NY6. I'm disappointed.that would have been a GREAT experience for our student-athletes.

I still think our site and our opponent won't be totally decided until later tonight when we get the results of the AAC title game.

For what it's worth, I think we are headed to either Montgomery or Orlando. But stranger things have happened.

No one wants a rematch between Louisiana and UAB (including ESPN I think.)

Default Re: Bowl updates

The opt outs continue.

The below teams said “thanks, but no thanks.” :

Boston College, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Kansas State, Louisville, Pitt, San Diego State, Virginia, Virginia Tech, UCLA, Utah, Washington, Stanford

Like bird said, it seems all but certain the Belt will play CUSA. So maybe the CUSA champ UAB vs. the sunbelt CO CHAMPION!!! coastal. UL vs. Marshall?

Things will start to get pieced together today, I’m sure.

Let’s just see a huge shake up and give the Cajuns something to look forward to.

Would much rather see UL vs Marshall. And if UAB plays Covid Carolina, I hope the Blazers beat them like a red headed step childuse that pimp hand, keep it strong.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Would much rather see UL vs Marshall. And if UAB plays Covid Carolina, I hope the Blazers beat them like a red headed step childuse that pimp hand, keep it strong.

Covid Carolina. I like that.

plenty of hotels surrounded by homeless and gunfire. good luck, ill pray for you

Just saw on the ESPN website: Frisco Bowl-- Cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    The only two teams going bowling from the MAC are the two that played last night. I do not believe either one will be in the Camellia. Before all of this came down, I was hearing all five contracted bowls would be against CUSA opposition. Whether that is still true remains to be seen.

I heard about the possibility of Annapolis, but that was before the game was cancelled I think. It still may be a possibility if Tulsa wins, putting Coastal in the NY6. I'm disappointed.that would have been a GREAT experience for our student-athletes.

I still think our site and our opponent won't be totally decided until later tonight when we get the results of the AAC title game.

For what it's worth, I think we are headed to either Montgomery or Orlando. But stranger things have happened.

No one wants a rematch between Louisiana and UAB (including ESPN I think.)
    Yeah Montgomery or Orlando seems to be the top two places I would assume we are headed to. I was hoping that other spots would’ve been open due to the number of teams opting out along with the larger payouts. This would’ve been the year to at least take a look.

Meanwhile our “best win” is about to have their doors blown out. 0-17 in second, Purdy just threw a pick in the end zone.

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    who has a job anymore?

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread Information