Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 . LastLast

Thread: 2020 Bowl Watch

Default Re: La Tech vs GA Southern

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    GA Southern spanked La Tech. How could a CUSA team lose to a Sunbelt school? Ha. Sunbelt has progressed tremendously. CUSA has sank to the bottom of the conference pool.

However, I'm still peaved at the Sunbelt for allowing CC to cancel the Sunbelt Championship game. I hope that doesn't set back the Sunbelt 15 years.

Geaux Cajuns!!!
    I don’t know what the conference could have done. Does it have the authority to force a team to play this year? What were the rules established going into the year for cancellations due to COVID? Anybody know for sure?

LTURdI greatly appreciate the early Christmas gift!!!!

That was separation awesomeness!!!!

The separation continues

We should strive to be on CUSA’s level.

Don’t like kicking someone when they’re down, but it’s tech so. congrats on getting skull drug on national tv by a team from a conference that is supposedly beneath you.

https://espn1420.com/louisiana-tech-.n-belt-merger/

"Currently, Louisiana Tech is the only school from the state of Louisiana involved in C-USA. Athletic Director for Tech, Tommy McClelland spoke to the media on Thursday and seemed almost insulted by the notion that anyone would suggest such an inferior conference join their mighty ranks.

Am I wrong? He just seemed annoyed that the idea was brought about. McClelland mentions Lafayette by the city but will not refer to the Sun Belt Conference by name.

Apparently there has been absolutely no conversation from anyone within C-USA by stating, “Well, let me just be very frank and very direct, there is no conversation at Conference USA, nor is there any interest. And I think that’s about how direct I can be,”

He would continue by saying, “With that, I think if I were in Lafayette’s position. I’ll be trying to figure out a way to move up to a level like Conference USA. And so, you know, congratulations on that conversation. But I think for us. You know, you know, you’ve got to understand, if we were if we all of a sudden decided there was going to be a membership expansion in Conference USA. I think that would be numerous individuals from that lead that would be interested in joining and paying a premium that we all paid to be in this league.”

Perhaps taking another shot at the Sun Belt by mentioning how much of a premium that they pay to be apart of C-USA.

As of now, it seems like a lot to do about nothing but McClelland made it very clear he wants no part of "that league" being part of his league aka Conference USA."

I agree with AD McClelland.why would Sunbelt ever consider joining or combining with an "inferior" conference.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    We should strive to be on CUSA’s level.

Don’t like kicking someone when they’re down, but it’s tech so. congrats on getting skull drug I’m national tv by a team from a conference that is supposedly beneath you.
    And I’m sure that performance will do wonders for their recruiting. Good thing they offer full COA.
    Oh wait.

8. Default Re: La Tech vs GA Southern

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Timely pull.

Impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Timely pull.

Impressed.
    Yes. Loved seeing this again. Thanks for sharing.

I am here for the delusions and the schadenfreude:

Re: 12/23 Tech vs Georgia Southern (2 PM) - New Orleans Bowl
    The Georgia Southern offense is one of the WORST I've ever seen on the FBS level. We should beat. these Bozo's 48-7.
    http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt.ans-Bowl/page5

The separation continues

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    SBC 2-0

Leading all conferences so far.

CUSA 0-2.

Looking up at all conferences so far.
    So is the American at this moment, one will be 1-2 and the other 0-3 depending on what Memphis/FAU does tonight.

CUSA’s problem is/was greed and overreached with membership. They must do a collective Novena every night giving thanks for the MAC.

Who is the necksters AD now that Tommy boy ran off to another program?

LA Tech has been taken over by Louisiana in Football. No doubt.

14. Default Re: La Tech vs GA Southern

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    So is the American at this moment, will be 1-2 or 0-3 depending on what Memphis does tonight.

CUSA’s problem is/was greed and overreached with membership. They must do a collective Novena every night giving thanks for the MAC.

Who is the necksters AD now that Tommy boy ran off to another program?
    Dr. Eric Wood, he is a guy from the Bronx, NY that was at UCF before La Tech. He also had positions at Arkansas, Wake Forest and University of New Haven.

https://latechsports.com/staff-direc.ic-a-wood/4443

15. Default Re: La Tech vs GA Southern

After tonight the AAC could be either 0-3 or 1-2, the CUSA is 0-2 and will either be 1-2 or 0-3, meanwhile the SBC will be 2-0. MAC will not end up very well, so I think it will be between us and MWC for the best G5 conference.

Currently the MWC is 1-0

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 . LastLast

Thread Information