Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Softball

1. UL Softball 2021 Softball

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Ivy Davis has landed at Tennessee, the Cajuns were intrested but she really was more of a super sub type kid.
    In regards to the transfers that Coach Glasco has recently bought in (including Heath), do you see them as starters or reinforcements off the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    In regards to the transfers that Coach Glasco has recently bought in (including Heath), do you see them as starters or reinforcements off the bench?
    I think lzard will be a pinch runner, defensive type kid...I know Jade will start...Heath probably has the upper hand over Foreman at this time for the #2 pitching roll but they could split time or one maybe even used as a closer. If Heath hits she could also get a look there. This is my opinion of them.

Default Re: Softball players leaving for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Mark. I think any player coming in will have to earn a spot on the team. Glasco gives guarantees to no one. Glasco really likes Mayeaux. If Jade Gortarez is going to find playing time at third, she is going to have to beat out Mayeaux. Frankie Izard is a slapper with a lot of speed. Glasco has stated he wants power hitters 1 through 9. I think Izard is destined for a pinch-runner roll. The pitchers, Heath and Foreman are good pitchers with huge upsides. Working with the best pitching coach in the nation, I look for them to one day be on the Summer Ellyson level. The question with Heath is, will she be a pitcher or slugger. I doubt she will be allowed to do both. Whatever happens, I don't think there's a team in America that has more depth then this one. It's good to have depth. Look what happened to Alabama. They had no catcher and Bailey was forced to play behind the plate. They eventually got some girl to leave high school early to join the team. When that happened, I was pretty sure they were not going to live up to their preseason billing. Picked as the number one team in every major poll and favorites to win the national championship. I just don't think that could have happened with a high school catcher.
    100% agree. Jade will start and be a big contributor for the 2021 Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hemphill View Post
    Mark keep in mind that there may be a few more kids entering the portal on the current roster and I fully expect that 3 or 4 of the freshman kids coming in will asked to be released or quit. We have a lot of depth if we remain injury free...Probably will have a clearer picture after fall ball.

5. Default Re: Softball players leaving for next year.

I don't think roarman or JMV realize how division 1, or any type competitive coach, thinks. No way the coaching staff wants or hopes Izard is a pinch runner. They hope she is better, or will become better, in the coming months than what is on roster when they arrive. And no doubt they also hope the existing roster comes back better, or becomes better, in the fall. Do you really think the coaching staff is bringing is a kid with relatively low amount of stolen bases to be a pinch runner from several states away? Does anyone think a first team all American at any level would accept the opportunity to only be a pinch runner? My guess is all parties expect her to compete and make roster much stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunduckman View Post
    I don't think roarman or JMV realize how division 1, or any type competitive coach, thinks. No way the coaching staff wants or hopes Izard is a pinch runner. They hope she is better, or will become better, in the coming months than what is on roster when they arrive. And no doubt they also hope the existing roster comes back better, or becomes better, in the fall. Do you really think the coaching staff is bringing is a kid with relatively low amount of stolen bases to be a pinch runner from several states away? Does anyone think a first team all American at any level would accept the opportunity to only be a pinch runner? My guess is all parties expect her to compete and make roster much stronger.
    I loved seeing Keeli Milligan play just as much as anybody. Seeing her break the record for most stolen bases was awesome. I'd love to see Izard break Keeli's record. But, I'm being truthful when I say Glasco is on record as saying he wants power hitters one through nine. Maybe he will make Izard into a swing away hitter, or even a hitter with power. We'll just have to wait and see.

I was asked how do I see them. I am not the coach. I gave my opinion. I have had many conversations with Glasco and have repeatedly said he recruits like Coach Robe did. He recruits everyone to take the job from the current starter. Of course if anyone comes in and is a starter that means there better than what we already have that's every coach job to IMPROVE there roster. I have a question for you. These incoming transfers do you think they will start or not and give your reason? Go ahead coach duckman. With only 9 post you don't have much credibility.

8. Default Re: Softball players leaving for next year.

3 guesses, and next summer check back with you. 1) All 3 most likely will start games for RC next season, yes. 2) no way coaching staff brought FI in to be a pinch runner, yet realize she could help every single game with her speed, even if she is not a starter. And 3) that you have never had a conversation with the "horse" about any of these three kids. I agree with most of what you post, but to relegate an incoming player to the role of pinch runner before the first practice is so belittling to an athlete, for no reason, I have difficulty understanding that post. I was under impression he values a slapper, but they need to hit close to or over .400 in order to be in lineup over a .300 hitter. I believe we would take a great slapper in a second, but if absent of a great slapper, would rather go straight up 300 type hitters 1-9 in line up.

3 guesses, and next summer check back with you. 1) All 3 most likely will start games for RC next season, yes. 2) no way coaching staff brought FI in to be a pinch runner, yet realize she could help every single game with her speed, even if she is not a starter. And 3) that you have never had a conversation with the "horse" about any of these three kids. I agree with most of what you post, but to relegate an incoming player to the role of pinch runner before the first practice is so belittling to an athlete, for no reason, I have difficulty understanding that post. I was under impression he values a slapper, but they need to hit close to or over .400 in order to be in lineup over a .300 hitter. I believe we would take a great slapper in a second, but if absent of a great slapper, would rather go straight up 300 type hitters 1-9 in line up.
    The question asked of me was do I see them as starters on role players off the bench. Of course everyone in there career will start a game. Starting a game and being a starter is two different things. I never said they brought FI in to be a pinch runner, that's the role that I see her in. Her best asset is speed and there is a huge different between JUCO teams and Major D1 teams. I have had a converstaion about 1 of these 3 with Coach but FI wasn't one of them. He doesnt value slappers he values kids who can hit the ball in the gap and over the wall. Slappers are a thing of the past in college softball at the D1 level. Why dont you tell me what position in the outfield she will start at next year. Ill wait?

UL Softball 2021 Softball Roster

With 11 freshmen and four transfers coming in, I have the total number at 34. Take a look and feel free to make any corrections. How do you think it's going to all shake out?

Summer Ellyson P Senior
    Kandra Lamb P Sophomore
    Cassie Dixon P Junior
    Karly Heath P Sophomore
    Vanessa Foreman P Sophomore
    Taylor Roman OF Freshman
    Melissa Mayeaux IF Junior
    Jade Gorterez IF Junior
    Alissa Dalton IF Senior
    Kaitlyn Alderink IF Senior
    Kourtney Gremillion IF Junior
    Geana Torres C Sophomore
    Julie Rawls C Senior
    Kendall Talley OF Senior
    Jolie Readeaux OF Junior
    Brittany Holland IF Sophomore
    Kylie Neel OF Freshman
    Morgan Gray OF Senior
    Raina O'Neal OF Junior
    Carrie Boswell UT Junior
    Sydnee Hebert UT Freshman
    Frankie Izard UT Sophomore
    Bailey Curry DP Junior

Sam Landry P Freshman
    Maddie Hayden UT Freshman
    Mia Cantu OF Freshman
    Delaney Enlow IF Freshman
    Addie Lightner UT Freshman
    Hannah Nailey IF Freshman
    Sophie Piskos C Freshman
    Kyleigh Sand IF Freshman
    Taylor Snow P Freshman
    Brinson Rogers P Freshman
    Addie Lightner P Freshman

Default Re: 2021 Softball Roster

Brittany Holland is going to be in her 30's when she graduates. 2 shortened seasons by injury then another by a virus. Crazy. Still a Sophomore.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Brittany Holland is going to be in her 30's when she graduates. 2 shortened seasons by injury then another by a virus. Crazy. Still a Sophomore.
    The Bryton Barr of softball

13. Default Re: 2021 Softball Roster

With 11 freshmen and four transfers coming in, I have the total number at 34. Take a look and feel free to make any corrections. How do you think it's going to all shake out?

Summer Ellyson P Senior
    Kandra Lamb P Sophomore
    Cassie Dixon P Junior
    Karly Hearst P Sophomore
    Taylor Roman OF Freshman
    Jade Gorterez IF Junior
    Alissa Dalton IF Senior
    Geana Torres C Sophomore
    Julie Rawls C Senior
    Kendall Talley OF Senior
    Jolie Readeaux OF Junior
    Brittany Holland IF Sophomore
    Kylie Neel OF Freshman
    Morgan Gray OF Senior
    Raina O'Neal OF Junior
    Carrie Boswell UT Junior
    Sydnee Hebert UT Freshman
    Frankie Izard UT Sophomore
    Bailey Curry DP Junior

Sam Landry P Freshman
    Maddie Hayden UT Freshman
    Mia Cantu OF Freshman
    Delaney Enlow IF Freshman
    Addie Lightner UT Freshman
    Hannah Nailey IF Freshman
    Sophie Piskos C Freshman
    Kyleigh Sand IF Freshman
    Taylor Snow P Freshman
    Brinson Rogers P Freshman
    Addie Lightner P Freshman
    Sam Landry and Maddie Hayden are in the 2021 class

Thank you. I know Hayden committed in 2018. She must have been a sophomore. Committed before the new rule went into effect.

That leaves 32.

15. Default Re: 2021 Softball Roster

Summer Ellyson P Senior
    Kandra Lamb P Sophomore
    Cassie Dixon P Junior
    Karly Hearst P Sophomore
    Taylor Roman OF Freshman
    Jade Gorterez IF Junior
    Alissa Dalton IF Senior
    Geana Torres C Sophomore