Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Softball

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    MM always batted 8th or 9th the others batted higher in the order. Gray doesn't bat.
    JMO, MM has to be in the lineup compared to the names you listed. Sure she was 8 or 9 but when you have a lineup like we had last year, who cares. She played infront of all the names you listed as they were subs. Roman being the exception. Thats all Im saying. Who knows how Heath will perform. I havent seen her play but on paper, she isnt better than the Johns or ASU transfer.

Default Re: Softball players leaving for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    JMO, MM has to be in the lineup compared to the names you listed. Sure she was 8 or 9 but when you have a lineup like we had last year, who cares. She played infront of all the names you listed as they were subs. Roman being the exception. Thats all Im saying. Who knows how Heath will perform. I havent seen her play but on paper, she isnt better than the Johns or ASU transfer.
    Kendall isn't a sub.

Kendall isn't a sub.
    Either way, its a great problem to have. Hope Johns comes

Default Re: 2021 Softball starting lineup

Quote Originally Posted by du42 View Post
    Either way, its a great problem to have. Hope Johns comes
    I agree, never have to much talent. The practices are always a dog fight lots of competition.

Default Re: 2021 Softball starting lineup

These 2020 fall ball intersquad scrimmages have been very competitive. There is a lot of talent on the team.

Default Re: SB: 2021 Softball starting lineup

All I can say is this years team has speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Diapason View Post
    All I can say is this years team has speed.
    We have speed and power.

We have speed and power.
    I’m set up to go Wednesday. Hopefully my work schedule allows me to make it.

We have speed and power.
    I expect the power, check out my signature. The speed is newsworthy. Anywho I'm glad you confirmed my feelings.

UL Softball After fallball softball

There was a lot of scrimmages this fall. After watching all but two of them my way to early 2021 starting lineup that I did back in May has basically stayed the same, but there was a few changes in my mind. Remember it doesn't matter what my lineup is I am not the coach. We had some good crowds this fall. Anyone want to give there thoughts on the fall campaign. Would love to get everyone's 2 cents on the offense, pitching, defense, freshman and transfers. Fire away.

11. UL Softball Gerry Glasco: Fall Ball Indicates Promising Spring

With a team full of newcomers, the fall softball season was a critical step for the UL Ragin’ Cajuns … pandemic or not.

Leave it up to coach Gerry Glasco to get everything he could out of it.

“We had a great fall,” Glasco said. “We ended up getting 21 scrimmages in. Our leading hitters had 60 at-bats. That’s almost half of a season. I thought it was a phenomenal fall. We clearly found out who our best players were and who our worst players were.

Default Re: Gerry Glasco exits fall softball season with few questions heading into promising spring

This article will give you the starting lineup.

UL Softball JMV SPRING SOFTBALL OUTLOOK

*First off I am not the coach, and these are my opinions only. I will give my outlook into the season.

Catcher:
    Julie Rawls-SR: Will provide leadership, power, speed and defense. Will need to get some built in rest days to remain strong down the stretch. Needs to knock of some rust with limited fall ball reps.
    Sophie Piskos-FR: The most impressive freshman in the fall and held her own with the veterans. With limited true catching depth she probably will not redshirt. A high energy kid.

Pitcher:
    Summer Ellyson-SR: The true ace of the staff, Summer will be Summer. We must develop some help behind her for the stretch run of the season.
    Casey Dixon-JR: Has developed a good change up, if she can be consistent with it look out. In the mix for the #2 pitcher role.
    Kandra Lamb-SO: The staff is very high on Kandra and with a different pitch and more control she could be the #2 pitcher.
    Vanessa Forman-SO: The only lefty on the staff. We will be better just by seeing a lefty in practice. Probably will be more of a situational pitcher. Has a good drop curve.
    Brinson Rodgers-FR: Throws hard but control is a issue. If Coach Mike can get that fixed she has the chance to contribute this year. If not probably will be redshirted.
    Taylor Snow-FR: Got hit hard this fall, probably will redshirt as she adjusts to pitching to D1 batters.

Outfield:
    Jenna Kean-JR: Jenna should start in left field, is a true centerfielder/leadoff kid. Expect her to steal a ton of bases and have a great on base percentage. She will be a hand full for other teams.
    Raina O' Neal-JR: Raina will hold down centerfield and is a true speed/power/average kid. Provides a lot of leadership and lets her actions speak for them selves. Expect a great year from Raina.
    Ciara Bryan-SR: Probably the best athlete on the team. Will start in RF Expect huge numbers across the board from Ciara. A 5 star player. Will exceed Hudek numbers.
    Kendall Talley-SO: Kendall will start the season as the 4th super sub outfielder. If Kean doesn't produce Talley will take her spot. Kendall also had a great fall.
    Morgan Gray-SR: Morgan will probably play in every game. A great base runner and late inning defensive replacement. Morgan will bring the energy for the team once again.
    Frankie Izard-SO: A true speed kid. She is still adjusting to D1 softball. Will make her present known on the bases much like Morgan Gray will.

Infield:
    Taylor Roman-Fr: Taylor will move from the OF to 1ST. Roman had the best fall of any player. Very well could be our next ALL American. Expect a huge leap this year.
    Kaitlyn Alderick-SR: Missed all fall with knee surgery. If she bounces back then she will be the starter. Probably bat in the 2 or 5 hole. She will provide a huge spark for this year if healthy.
    Bailey Curry-JR: Had a great fall and has something to provide to the coaches. Should start at DP. If she gets her average up watch out. The power was on full display this fall.
    Melissa Mayeux-JR: Will start the season as the super sub 4th infielder. If someone struggles or gets hurt she will get some playing time. If her bat gets hot she could get some DP time.
    Alissa Dalton-SR: Should start at SS but could see some time at 3RD. Expect Alissa to hit 400 this year. Looked very good in the fall at the plate and in the field.
    Delaney Enlow-FR: A project kid with a ton of power. Needs some time to adjust to D1 pitching. Probably will redshirt.
    Jade Gortarez-SR: Should start at 3RD and will see some time at SS. Looked very good this fall and the bat was really on fire the last half of fall. Jade is playing with a chip on her shoulder.
    Kyleigh Sands-FR: Coach Glasco is really high on this kid. Much like Piskos she held her own with the veterans. She will play this year just to talented to sit and redshirt.
    Justice Milz-SR: The wildcard here. Will not unseat Dalton, Gortarez or Alderink but if one gets hurt she will be in the mix. In the same mold as Mayeux but has more experience.

Utility:
    Carrie Boswell-JR: Carrie could see action at RF, 1ST, 2ND, 3RD, DP and pitcher if needed. In other words don't be surprised if she plays a lot. Struggled with the bat this fall. She has transformed her body and is in excellent shape.
    Karly Heath: Could see action as the #2,#3, or #4 pitcher. Showed promise this fall. Also could see action in the outfield or DP if her bat gets hot.

This team depth is unreal. We will play strong defense, hit with average and power, runs the bases aggressively and Summer will win us a lot of games. Expect Glasco to mix and match his lineup. The sky is the limit for this team if we can develop someone else behind Summer. Looking forward to a run at the WCWS. GEAUX CAJUNS!

Default Re: JMV SPRING SOFTBALL OUTLOOK

I haven't read everything yet, do you write for a magazine? This is great.

Default Re: JMV SPRING SOFTBALL OUTLOOK

Quote Originally Posted by Diapason View Post
    I haven't read everything yet, do you write for a magazine? This is great.
    Nope. Just a fan.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information