Thread: UL women's basketball roster changes produce bigger, stronger, more seasoned lineup

1. UL Basketball UL women's basketball roster changes produce bigger, stronger, more seasoned lineup

The last we heard of the UL women’s basketball program, coach Garry Brodhead and his team was trying to get over the disappointment of their season being halted by the coronavirus two days before the Sun Belt Conference tournament semifinals at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans.

More than missing out on that experience and losing senior post player Kendall Bess, quite a bit has changed for the program’s prospects for the 2020-21 season.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    The last we heard of the UL women’s basketball program, coach Garry Brodhead and his team was trying to get over the disappointment of their season being halted by the coronavirus two days before the Sun Belt Conference tournament semifinals at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans.

More than missing out on that experience and losing senior post player Kendall Bess, quite a bit has changed for the program’s prospects for the 2020-21 season.

After talking to a close family member, Andrea's issues didn't really revolve around playing time exactly, although her diminished minutes late in the season raised a red flag for her.

The bigger on-the-court issue was style of play. AC thrives in an uptempo game and always wants to push the pace. She really chafed under Brodhead's methodical system.

Apparently there were some off the court issues between her and a couple of assistant coaches as well that she decided she didn't fit in personally any longer.

3. Default Re: UL women's basketball roster changes produce bigger, stronger, more seasoned lineup

We’re going to miss that player.

Default Re: UL women's basketball roster changes produce bigger, stronger, more seasoned lineup

AC had her moments but her size and lack of speed hurt her. She couldn't get shots off in the paint very well, too short. Even in the open floor she needed help to shoot her jumper, which was more of a set shot than a jump shot.

I did like her passion and effort. She was a defensive liability.

Default Re: UL women's basketball roster changes produce bigger, stronger, more seasoned lineup

The biggest criticism of the team has been the lack of size at the guard position. Looks like that's being addressed.

6. Default Re: UL women's basketball roster changes produce bigger, stronger, more seasoned lineup

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    AC had her moments but her size and lack of speed hurt her. She couldn't get shots of in the paint very well, too short. Even in the open floor she needed help to shoot her jumper, which was more of a set shot than a jump shot.

I did like her passion and effort. She was a defensive liability.
    Don’t know about speed, but I saw the opponents become distressed when she played because she was two seconds ahead of them mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Don’t know about speed, but I saw the opponents become distressed when she played because she was two seconds ahead of them mentally.
    Agree with that. She was like a coach on the floor and I'm sure Gary is disappointed to lose her.

Thread Information