Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fall football

Default Fall football

Assuming there are reliable rapid and available tests by August - would that not allow football to take place. Everyone tested before entering (gate?) and anyone with Covid has to move to visitors section. Tailgating? Don’t know. That would minimize risk. Would general fan put up with testing? And at what point would we have to know testing is fast enough to confirm entry. Or do we just say the heck with it. I want football!!

2. Default Re: Fall football

Thinking a test for 6K fans would be a hard thing to accomplish at the gates.

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    Assuming there are reliable rapid and available tests by August - would that not allow football to take place. Everyone tested before entering (gate?) and anyone with Covid has to move to visitors section. Tailgating? Don’t know. That would minimize risk. Would general fan put up with testing? And at what point would we have to know testing is fast enough to confirm entry. Or do we just say the heck with it. I want football!!
    Will it be the same tests that the CDC sent out that already had Covid19 on them? Just wondering

4. Default Re: Fall football

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    If they have a rapid cheap saliva Test available, then yes.

I like the way you think.

Football is long overdue.

Default Re: Fall football

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Football is long overdue.
    And looking at things nows, sad as it might be, it might be a "longer overdue"

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Will it be the same tests that the CDC sent out that already had Covid19 on them? Just wondering
    reb stole your login, lol

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    everyone will have to go to cajundome to get tested, then get a wrist band to come back

Screw that. Let’s play football. ____ covid

You are probably closer to the attendance # than anyone wants to admit, but what a waste and bad timing for probably the best coach and coaching staff UL has ever had. The teams Coach Napier is putting on the field is worth watching in person.

10. Default Re: Fall football

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    everyone will have to go to cajundome to get tested, then get a wrist band to come back
    Somebody floated this idea to me. His take is that JBE, as he did in his first term, will hold LSU football hostage to again get his taxes passed. After all you can’t have football if there’s no school.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Screw that. Let’s play football. ____ covid
    Agreed. The whole thing is idiotic and seems more and more like a hoax. Just let us get back to normal and quit trying to further destroy the economy JBE.

12. Default Re: Fall football

Somebody floated this idea to me. His take is that JBE, as he did in his first term, will hold LSU football hostage to again get his taxes passed. After all you can’t have football if there’s no school.
    since when was a school a prerequisite for them the play football?

13. Default Re: Fall football

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    since when was a school a prerequisite for them the play football?
    Without a school there’s no school football teams. Anybody can understand that. It’s not just an out of session school it’s that that school no longer viable. I suppose that they could maintain the corporate identity indefinitely.

14. Default Re: Fall football

Without a school there’s no school football teams. Anybody can understand that. It’s not just an out of session school it’s that that school no longer viable. I suppose that they could maintain the corporate identity indefinitely.
    I know. But i only referenced one school. Have you seen any proof of their players going to school in the past?

15. Default Re: Fall football

Actually attending classes isn’t required for anyone since my college days. Just pay, test, and graduate. The rest is entirely up to the students, and professors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information