Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fall football

Default Re: Fall football

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Actually attending classes isn't required for anyone since my college days. Just pay, test, and graduate. The rest is entirely up to the students, and professors.
    Coach Napier said in a recent interview there will be no football unless students are on campus. I imagine the same goes for other sports. My question is why do people think there will be any difference in the virus situation between September and early 2021.

2. Default Re: Fall football

If 6ft social distancing is still in effect come September, all schools - K-12 and colleges will have space issues with classrooms. Basically the same space issues Restaurants are having right now when they are allowed to open.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Coach Napier said in a recent interview there will be no football unless students are on campus. I imagine the same goes for other sports. My question is why do people think there will be any difference in the virus situation between September and early 2021.
    Mike this virus is a fraud. The actual numbers are way way lower than what is being reported. So much so that California of all states recognized that this is a fraud and will be reopened before Louisiana.

I don’t want to hear from the people that have dealt with tragedy from this virus. That sucks ___ and I really do have a ton of empathy for those families. But this virus is not Ebola, Rabies, or some automatic death sentence. In fact the true mortality rate for healthy people is 0.03%.

So this country has been put on hold for months for the extreme minority of the population who are at risk. It is time for that to end.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Agreed. The whole thing is idiotic and seems more and more like a hoax. Just let us get back to normal and quit trying to further destroy the economy JBE.
    Never let a good crisis go to waste is the company mantra for him.

5. Default Re: Fall football

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Mike this virus is a fraud. The actual numbers are way way lower than what is being reported. So much so that California of all states recognized that this is a fraud and will be reopened before Louisiana.

I don’t want to hear from the people that have dealt with tragedy from this virus. That sucks ___ and I really do have a ton of empathy for those families. But this virus is not Ebola, Rabies, or some automatic death sentence. In fact the true mortality rate for healthy people is 0.03%.

So this country has been put on hold for months for the extreme minority of the population who are at risk. It is time for that to end.
    According to Dr. Oz sixty percent of the American population has at least one underlying health issue. Probably weight if I had to guess is the biggest and contributes to several others. Get us fatsos on a diet and everything gets better. We don’t need to kill the economy to achieve that.

Now that we know what we know about this pandemic, once we are able to open things back up in Louisiana, the responsibility will be relied on us. As much as I love you guys and the people in this state, our weakness is our stubbornness. Don't flock to pools or have crawfish boils. Don't go running to restaurants and overflow them. With Phase 1 approaching, people need to ease their way back into society as much of a burden as it may be.

7. Default Re: Fall football

According to Dr. Oz sixty percent of the American population has at least one underlying health issue. Probably weight if I had to guess is the biggest and contributes to several others. Get us fatsos on a diet and everything gets better. We don’t need to kill the economy to achieve that.
    I would venture to say that the fatsos disease will be on the rise as long as we are closed down.

8. Default Re: Fall football

True.

9. Default Re: Fall football

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Now that we know what we know about this pandemic, once we are able to open things back up in Louisiana, the responsibility will be relied on us. As much as I love you guys and the people in this state, our weakness is our stubbornness. Don't flock to pools or have crawfish boils. Don't go running to restaurants and overflow them. With Phase 1 approaching, people need to ease their way back into society as much of a burden as it may be.
    Check out Sweden. Population 2.5 times bigger, only a small number more deaths. Schools stayed open, restaurants, pretty much did social distancing, and hand washing. Something else going on in Louisiana. Maybe obesity more than love of life.

Check out Sweden. Population 2.5 times bigger, only a small number more deaths. Schools stayed open, restaurants, pretty much did social distancing, and hand washing. Something else going on in Louisiana. Maybe obesity more than love of life.
    This flows into the whole "free healthcare" debate. You know why the Swedens and other Nordic countries of the world get away with free healthcare? These countries are 10x healthier than ours. Here, we take pride and embrace in obesity and unhealthiness which causes our healthcare to be more expensive. In those countries, if you're on your deathbed because you were a lifelong smoker or you were obese; they're not going to spend their money on making you better. If there's any hint of "self-infliction," they'll just ease the pain instead of healing you. Just think what would happen if the US adopted a model like that. Lawsuits would be flying everywhere. In those countries, it's just understood to be that way. But the people here don't understand that. They see the word "free," and run with it.

Until we earn a sense self-accountability in our society, the problems will continue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information