Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: Softball players leaving for next year.

Default Cajun Softball players in transfer portal

Surpised nobody is talking about the two kids who have entered the softball transfer portal. Mia Camuso and Madison Garay. Of course they could always stay but I doubt that they will.

Madison didn't play this year and probably saw the writing on the wall with the 3 incoming freshman pitchers coming in. Camuso I was excited about since she started as a freshman at Oregon on a WCWS team. She didn't play last year due to injuries. I think it could be a combination of her probably being 5th/6th on the 1B/DP depth chart and Kliest not returning. Kliest was the reason she was here.

So assuming Hudek and Guarino returns and Kliest, Camuso, and Garay are not this is what we should have returning if nothing else happens eg.transfers coming in, more kids leaving or quiting.

P-Eleyson, Lamb(if she can get back in the country)and Dixon.
    C-Rawls and Torres.
    IF-Boswell, Curry, Gremillion, Holland, Alderink, Guarino, Mayeaux, Hebert, Rideaux and Dalton.
    OF-Hudek, Talley, O'Neil, Neil, Roman, Gray.

21 possible kids returning and 11 freshman coming in. 32 total and probably a few of the incoming kids will quit or transfer out. We should be around 29 kids come the spring time.

Default Re: Softball players leaving for next year.

Looked in the portal this morning and they have some pitchers available. I think we have to go after a pitcher because if Lamb can't get into the Coubtry we will be left with Summer as the only experienced pitcher. Dixon has pitched very little.

We've had pretty good luck in the past with freshmen pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    We've had pretty good luck in the past with freshmen pitchers.
    That is true, but we are trying to win the national championship next year. Probably need a little experience to help Summer.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Surpised nobody is talking about the two kids who have entered the softball transfer portal. Mia Camuso and Madison Garay. Of course they could always stay but I doubt that they will.

Madison didn't play this year and probably saw the writing on the wall with the 3 incoming freshman pitchers coming in. Camuso I was excited about since she started as a freshman at Oregon on a WCWS team. She didn't play last year due to injuries. I think it could be a combination of her probably being 5th/6th on the 1B/DP depth chart and Kliest not returning. Kliest was the reason she was here.

So assuming Hudek and Guarino returns and Kliest, Camuso, and Garay are not this is what we should have returning if nothing else happens eg.transfers coming in, more kids leaving or quiting.

C-Rawls and Torres.
    IF-Boswell, Curry, Gremillion, Holland, Alderink, Guarino, Mayeaux, Hebert, Rideaux and Dalton.

21 possible kids returning and 11 freshman coming in. 32 total and probably a few of the incoming kids will quit or transfer out. We should be around 29 kids come the spring time.
    Just curious, who are the three incoming freshman pitchers?

Quote Originally Posted by John Ellyson View Post
    Just curious, who are the three incoming freshman pitchers?
    John, attached is press release noting Taylor Snow as an incoming freshman pitcher:
    https://ragincajuns.com/news/2019/11.gning-day.aspx

Come on, John. I know you know who Taylor snow is. Do you know of the 6ft 4in pitcher from Georgia? Sounds intimidating. LOL.

That is true, but we are trying to win the national championship next year. Probably need a little experience to help Summer.
    But couldn't they get that experience during the course of the year? If you are good, then you are good. Sitting and watching vs playing and learningTake your bumps during the season, so by playoffs, you are seasoned and ready. But again, that is if you are good, and I mean Summer good.

Plus, younger people, like freshmen, don't have any fears or pressure they put on themselves usually because they don't know better.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Come on, John. I know you know who Taylor snow is. Do you know of the 6ft 4in pitcher from Georgia? Sounds intimidating. LOL.
    I know who Snowy is quite well. I know of the kid from Georgia, I have never seen her pitch. The original poster said 3 pitchers coming in as freshman. The question is, Did coach Glasco recruit the Lightner kid to pitch or to hit? I think she will be a hitter, of course this is only my opinion.

I know who Snowy is quite well. I know of the kid from Georgia, I have never seen her pitch. The original poster said 3 pitchers coming in as freshman. The question is, Did coach Glasco recruit the Lightner kid to pitch or to hit? I think she will be a hitter, of course this is only my opinion.
    Addie probably will be a pitcher/hitter in a role like Boswell.Boswell also could pitch next year if needed.

So is Lightner the 6'4" kid from Georgia? Thanks.

Snow will be a good pitcher lots of elite travel ball experience.

13. Default Re: Cajun Softball players in transfer portal

C-Rawls and Torres.

I’m confident she will be able to, but I’m wondering if she’ll want to? Bad times to be away from your family. Things are going to be weird for a while.

14. Default Re: Softball players leaving for next year.

??

15. Default Re: Softball players leaving for next year.

Lightner is from Missouri. Brinson Rogers, pitcher from Georgia

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information