Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Article: Louisiana issues statement on the death of Dr. Ray P. Authement

1. Default Re: Friday: Drive By Tribute Planned for Raymond Authement

Default Re: Friday: Drive By Tribute Planned for Raymond Authement

I went early. There was a steady flow but no backup as mentioned earlier. There was a large picture of him at the entrance with the Pride of Acadiana in the background. When you got to the front of Martin Hall, the UL Alma Mater was playing in a loop. There was a policeman there who took any cards, notes, etc. and put them in a large basket. You didn't get out of your vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I had an upperclassman tell me about debugging my Fortran programming before going through the keypunch process. It kept me from spending so many late nights having to keypunch multiple times.

On the MULTICS, I understood we had a graduate working at NASA that got us the computer for the price of picking it up at the train station. First time I ever ran into computer gaming. Zork could be addictive, even without graphics.
    Fortran, now there's a blast from the past.

5. Default Re: Friday: Drive By Tribute Planned for Raymond Authement

When I left UL Athletic staff, Doc sent me one of the nicest and kindest letters one could imaginethanks and sincerity and an inspiration to the future.we had been pretty close in some situations about the athletic program and the rebound of the basketball programthank the Lord they worked out! RIP Doc!

6. Default Re: Dr. Authement passed away

Authement, who served as University of Louisiana president for 34 years, rose fast and high in academic circles, completing his bachelor's at what would become Louisiana in 1950 and adding graduate degrees at LSU while launching his teaching and administrative career. He became UL president in his mid-40s and led the campus for 34 years, then the longest tenure as president for any public university.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Fortran, now there's a blast from the past.
    Try Adaderived from Pascal and mean't to be the language used for federal government programs.

I remember getting the tour of the Multics data storage area. The biggest concern was you had like one minute to clear the room before the Halon gas system flooded the room and you couldn't breath.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information