Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Article: Louisiana issues statement on the death of Dr. Ray P. Authement

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post

Just curious will he be counted as a Covid-19 death stat?
    Why would you even want to bring that up? I think everyone is tired of your take on covid-19. We get it. But you are just being an ___ bringing that up here.

Default Re: Dr. Authement passed away

Doc was an incredibly kind man who loved UL with every fiber of his being. He's the only man who was more passionate about being called the University of Louisiana than anyone on this board.it took him 20 years, but he got it done.

After he retired, he had a booth right next door to mine. That gave me a chance to visit with him before every home game.and he didn't miss many. He didn't make a single one this past year, however and I knew his time was probably short.

He and Mrs. Barbara were married 69 years. Amazing.

3. Default Re: Dr. Authement passed away

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Doc was an incredibly kind man who loved UL with every fiber of his being. He's the only man who was more passionate about being called the University of Louisiana than anyone on this board.it took him 20 years, but he got it done.

After he retired, he had a booth right next door to mine. That gave me a chance to visit with him before every home game.and he didn't miss many. He didn't make a single one this past year, however and I knew his time was probably short.

He and Mrs. Barbara were married 69 years. Amazing.
    wow. thanks for that info Jay!

4. People Friday: Drive By Tribute Planned for Raymond Authement

Lafayette Louisiana: The public's opportunity to honor Ray Authement's life and legacy will come Friday at Martin Hall on the University of Louisiana campus.

Mindful of restrictions on public gatherings necessitated by the novel coronavirus that's created a pandemic, the public is invited to a "drive-by memorial" to honor Authement, who served as UL Lafayette president for 34 years. The event will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

5. Default Re: Friday: Drive By Tribute Planned for Raymond Authement

11am today.

Default Re: Friday: Drive By Tribute Planned for Raymond Authement

A short tribute of Dr Authement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZEI53ysVl8

7. Default Re: Friday: Drive By Tribute Planned for Raymond Authement

Really sad that such a great man will be relegated to a virtual send off.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Really sad that such a great man will be relegated to a virtual send off.
    Given that he was instrumental in starting the computer science program at the University it's almost fitting.

9. Default Re: Friday: Drive By Tribute Planned for Raymond Authement

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Given that he was instrumental in starting the computer science program at the University it's almost fitting.
    A silver lining in every cloud.

10. Default Re: Friday: Drive By Tribute Planned for Raymond Authement

I've never read that claim.

He never used a computer himself while at the helm of UL. (per Don Allen interview.)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I've never read that claim.

He never used a computer himself while at the helm of UL. (per Don Allen interview.)
    I think Dr. James Oliver was the driving force behind the Computer Science program at UL.

12. Default Re: Friday: Drive By Tribute Planned for Raymond Authement

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    I think Dr. James Oliver was the driving force behind the Computer Science program at UL.
    If the president doesn't support it, you don't get it. Don't we know how that works.

13. Default Re: Friday: Drive By Tribute Planned for Raymond Authement

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    If the president doesn't support it, you don't get it. Don't we know how that works.
    UL had a nationally recognized computer program long before Authement took over in the 1970's.

What I don't know is if he held influence in this area in the decades before taking over.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    UL had a nationally recognized computer program long before Authement took over in the 1970's.

What I don't know is if he held influence in this area in the decades before taking over.
    Dr. Authement was instrumental, along with Dr. Oliver, in getting the computer school on track. I don't have to read anything about it I was there and saw it.

15. Default Re: Friday: Drive By Tribute Planned for Raymond Authement

Dr. Authement was instrumental, along with Dr. Oliver, in getting the computer school on track. I don't have to read anything about it I was there and saw it.
    Like I said, first "I" read it, I figured you had a source of some kind.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information