Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Dotson

1. NFL, NBA, MLB Kevin Dotson

Quite some time ago, Ragin’ Cajuns coach Billy Napier was making the case that football players from Group of Five teams like UL have just as much to chance to be noticed by NFL scouts as those from Power 5 programs do.

Their body of work all is on the modern version of film these days, and in many cases — including those of offensive lineman Robert Hunt and Raymond Calais Jr., both of whom attended the NFL Draft Combine earlier this year in Indianapolis — that’s all it takes to stand out.

2. UL Football Former Cajun OG Kevin Dotson Pulls a Truck

How does an NFL Draft prospect workout during this pandemic? Kevin Dotson decided to show off his strength by pulling a pickup truck.

Default Re: Former Cajun OG Kevin Dotson Pulls a Truck

Stud

4. UL Football Top Interior OL in NFL Draft: Best of the Rest

No. 6: G Kevin Dotson, LOUISIANA

(6-4, 321; NA arms): Dotson played right guard alongside touted right tackle Robert Hunt and helped power a superb rushing attack. Even while becoming the Ragin' Cajuns' first All-American since 1994, he was not picked for the Scouting Combine. He was a four-year starter at right guard. As a senior, he allowed one sack and three total pressures for a pressure rate of 0.7 percent. That was the second-best in this year's interior class. The team won 60 percent of its runs behind Dotson, according to Sports Info Solutions. That's the third-best rate in the class. He allegedly ran his 40 in the 4.8s at a recent pro day.

"I feel like I'm very versatile," he told USA Today recently. "I like the power schemes. I love being able to block down on people. This year, we pretty much ran inside and outside zone exclusively. I like doing that a lot. I just don't wanna be pigeonholed at the end of the day. I don't want people to look at me and say, 'Oh, he's a strong guy, we have to put him in a power scheme.' We ran inside zone most of the time. I just don't want to be pigeonholed."

5. UL Football Dotson Has His Pro Day

One of the key members of the 2019 Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns recently had a private Pro Day in preparation for the 2020 NFL Draft, which gets underway next week.

Louisiana offensive guard Kevin Dotson recently conducted a private workout NFL scouts.

6. Default Kevin Dotson

Kevin Dotson to Pittsburg

Default Re: Nice Love for Mr. Dotson

Also, some love for Calais!

8. Default ESPN 1420 Former UL Star Kevin Dotson gets First NFL Start

Dotson, who was selected by Pittsburgh in the 4th-round, with the 105th-overall selection, in the 2020 NFL Draft, got his first NFL start on Sunday, at right guard, in a 26-21 Steelers win over the Denver Broncos.

9. Default ESPN 1420 Former UL Star Kevin Dotson Rates as Best Pass Blocking Guard in

Former Louisiana Ragin' Cajun All-American Kevin Dotson is off to a pretty good start to his NFL career.

Default Re: Kevin Dotson Preaux Career

From no invitation to the combine to the best in the NFL as a rookie is making my head spin.

Quote Originally Posted by BonCajun View Post
    From no invitation to the combine to the best in the NFL as a rookie is making my head spin.
    First Team AP All-American and not being invited to the combine was a travesty.

12. Default Re: Kevin Dotson Preaux Career

Anyone know why he didn’t play Sunday or missed a lot of plays

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Anyone know why he didn’t play Sunday or missed a lot of plays
    David DeCastro returned from injury.

14. Default Re: Kevin Dotson Preaux Career

That’s what was in the back of my mind. Can’t make all rookie on the bench.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information