Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Eat Acadiana: Looking for suggestions

1. Default Re: Eat Acadiana: Looking for suggestions

We just ordered from market eatz. Actually pretty good. Stay away from the tacos but the meatloaf sandwich was good. The street corn and truffle fries were excellent

Default Re: Eat Acadiana: Looking for suggestions

Azteca’s
    -Best Margaritas (get the gallon to go)
    -Best Fajitas
    -Warm Salsa

Betcha the owner won’t turn you away if you need a adult beverage while waiting... Big Cajun Fan too!

My recommendation, you won’t disagree.....

Gonna get Aztecas tonight. Any recommendations on entrees besides fajitas?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Chili Relleno
    Chimichanga

Ahh, a food thread!! Just what we needed to distract us from no sports.

Wife wants crawfish so that’s what we’re getting tonight

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    Close enough to Broussard. I'm between Kaliste Saloom and Verot
    I've purchased the fried catfish basket at Fiery Crab 4-5 times and it's priced reasonably and very good. Has six good size pieces of catfish and comes with a couple of flavor of fries or sweet potato fries. I usually make a couple of meals out of it. Have them add some of their spicy mayo as it's great for dipping. I picked it up to go last time but I think they use delivery services as well. I've had folks tell me they weren't crazy about the boiled items but I haven't tried it myself. I think they season on the outside which has never been a favorite of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Wife likes the enchiladas, but when we go I usually get the Acapulco platter which comes with a cheese chili rellenos, a chicken enchilada, a tamale, and a beef taco with with rice and beans. I also really like their salsa. I usually eat so much of the chips and salsa while waiting on the meal I wind up taking home half my meal. I will say the relleno is much better while still hot from the kitchen rather than reheated.

We’ve gotten from Crawfix several times this season. Fairly priced and seasoned well. They were small at the beginning of the season but are good sized now.

On that note, before the shutdown, we tried Mo Crawfish in Mowata. They’re my new favorite.

10. Default Re: Eat Acadiana: Looking for suggestions

I’mona try boiled crawfish at Vic’s tonight and I know they gonna be good.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Wife likes the enchiladas, but when we go I usually get the Acapulco platter which comes with a cheese chili rellenos, a chicken enchilada, a tamale, and a beef taco with with rice and beans. I also really like their salsa. I usually eat so much of the chips and salsa while waiting on the meal I wind up taking home half my meal. I will say the relleno is much better while still hot from the kitchen rather than reheated.
    We ordered Aztecas tonight. Eating a chimichanga and wife is eating some kind of seafood burrito, both great. Didn’t see this post until after, but will order again and try that out, thanks.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

You and me both!!

I had a veggie pizza from Alesi's tonight it was delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    We’ve gotten from Crawfix several times this season. Fairly priced and seasoned well. They were small at the beginning of the season but are good sized now.

On that note, before the shutdown, we tried Mo Crawfish in Mowata. They’re my new favorite.
    Went pick up crawfish time off ridge earlier this evening. They are cleaning up over there. Line doubled up in parking lot and down ridge. Crawfish were pretty good for the wait

I've purchased the fried catfish basket at Fiery Crab 4-5 times and it's priced reasonably and very good. Has six good size pieces of catfish and comes with a couple of flavor of fries or sweet potato fries. I usually make a couple of meals out of it. Have them add some of their spicy mayo as it's great for dipping. I picked it up to go last time but I think they use delivery services as well. I've had folks tell me they weren't crazy about the boiled items but I haven't tried it myself. I think they season on the outside which has never been a favorite of mine.
    I think Fiery Crab is shut down. Passed by there Saturday and there is a for lease sign in front of the building.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information