Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Softball Ranked #9 in Final Poll

1. UL Softball Louisiana Softball Ranked #9 in Final Poll

Louisiana is ranked number nine in the final Softball America Top 25 poll, which was released on Tuesday.

2. Default Re: Louisiana Softball Ranked #9 in Final Poll

I put as much stock in this poll as I do in the January 1944 football poll.

In that poll, (Louisiana went undefeated against the toughest assemblage of talent College football has ever seen) they were not even ranked.

Default Re: Louisiana Softball Ranked #9 in Final Poll

Can't lose to the NTU's and Coastals if you're only playing right above .500 against the big names.

4. Default Re: Louisiana Softball Ranked #9 in Final Poll

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Can't lose to the NTU's and Coastals if you're only playing right above .500 against the big names.
    I know we get upset when people call us by the wrong name, so to be fair they are UNT not NTU.

NTU would be the Nanyang Technological University in Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    You must not follow softball? North Texas beat, us, Oklahoma and lost to Texas in extra innings.

6. Default Re: Louisiana Softball Ranked #9 in Final Poll

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    You must not follow softball? North Texas beat, us, Oklahoma and lost to Texas in extra innings.
    So for someone who follows softball, how else do you reconcile our spot in the rankings when we have beat 4 teams ahead of us?

And then there is McNeese. I did not see you make any mention of that team.

Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So for someone who follows softball, how else do you reconcile our spot in the rankings when we have beat 4 teams ahead of us?

Asking for a friend.
    Tell your friend that's a dumb question to ask me. I don't make the rankings. My post was intended to speak that North Texas isn't a bad team.

8. Default Re: Louisiana Softball Ranked #9 in Final Poll

Tell your friend that's a dumb question to ask me. I don't make the rankings. My post was intended to speak that North Texas isn't a bad team.
    Talked to my friend. He says there needs to be some reason why we are ranked below those 4 teams that we beat and with the #1 RPI, that reason has to come somewhere else in the balance of the schedule. That would necessarily be North Texas and Coastal.

Funny how Florida's ranked ahead of us when we beat them 2 of 3, IN THEIR OWN YARD, AND we had the #1 rpi and one of the top strength of schedules in the country. 😳😳😳

Talked to my friend. He says there needs to be some reason why we are ranked below those 4 teams that we beat and with the #1 RPI, that reason has to come somewhere else in the balance of the schedule. That would necessarily be North Texas and Coastal.
    Poll rankings are just that, Poll rankings. It is just another person's view of your team. Not sure how they determine the rankings, my guess is a lot of politics and traditions factor in. Regardless the season is over so no use talking about it.

11. Default Re: Louisiana Softball Ranked #9 in Final Poll

RPI accurately accounts for overall strength of schedule.

Point out every schedule weakness you can possibly think up and RPI ranking has taken that into consideration.

These polls are reputation surface scans.

12. Default Re: Louisiana Softball Ranked #9 in Final Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    RPI accurately accounts for overall strength of schedule.

Point out every schedule weakness you can possibly think up and RPI ranking has taken that into consideration.

These polls are reputation surface scans.
    Even an opinionated bastard needs an out.

13. Default Re: Louisiana Softball Ranked #9 in Final Poll

Asking for a friend.
    speaking of names, isnt it still mcneese STATE?

14. Default Re: Louisiana Softball Ranked #9 in Final Poll

Poll rankings are just that, Poll rankings. It is just another person's view of your team. Not sure how they determine the rankings, my guess is a lot of politics and traditions factor in. Regardless the season is over so no use talking about it.
    maybe a misguided view of tradition or traditions of other sports at said univ, if it were softball tradition fat chance florida is higher, their first game was 1997, we had already been to seven regionals, hosted six and been to three world series, and playing for almost 20 years. but yes politics for sure, although this thread might now be adios

15. UL Softball Re: Louisiana Softball Ranked #9 in Final Poll

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    maybe a misguided view of tradition or traditions of other sports at said univ, if it were softball tradition fat chance florida is higher, their first game was 1997, we had already been to seven regionals, hosted six and been to three world series, and playing for almost 20 years. but yes politics for sure, although this thread might now be adios
    Your tradition gets squared with a national championship.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information