Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Louisiana Softball Ranked #9 in Final Poll

1. Default Re: Louisiana Softball Ranked #9 in Final Poll

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    speaking of names, isnt it still mcneese STATE?
    More than oNE way the skin a cat.

Default Re: Louisiana Softball Ranked #9 in Final Poll

speaking of names, isnt it still mcneese STATE?
    Branding, they want to drop the "State". Really.

As far as this softball seasons, the obvious takeaway is we could hang with the big teams, but can't get the recognition until we win it all. Sort of the Gonzaga of softball.

3. Default Re: Louisiana Softball Ranked #9 in Final Poll

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Your tradition gets squared with a national championship.
    we beat them when they were number one in okc also

4. Default Re: Louisiana Softball Ranked #9 in Final Poll

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Branding, they want to drop the "State". Really.

As far as this softball seasons, the obvious takeaway is we could hang with the big teams, but can't get the recognition until we win it all. Sort of the Gonzaga of softball.
    so they wont call us UL but we obey them and drop state? i still dont understand why they arent under the state board since a state u, not a u of

5. Default Re: Louisiana Softball Ranked #9 in Final Poll

we beat them when they were number one in okc also
    Neither one won WCWS that year, but we did our part to make sure they didn’t.

If you want to know what D1 Softball thinks of the Cajuns, go by their 2020 fantasy championship. I'm not bothering to post the link to their site, I'll just say South regional, not hosting, playing in Baton Rouge.

7. Default Re: Louisiana Softball Ranked #9 in Final Poll

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    If you want to know what D1 Softball thinks of the Cajuns, go by their 2020 fantasy championship. I'm not bothering to post the link to their site, I'll just say South regional, not hosting, playing in Baton Rouge.

So in their eyes, we are no better than 17 and if LSU is 8, no better than 25. WOW

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So in their eyes, we are no better than 17 and if LSU is 8, no better than 25. WOW
    My bet is they lazily threw us in the BR regional due to location/past history. Doesn't change the fact that we will never get the respect we deserve until we win it all.

9. Default Re: Louisiana Softball Ranked #9 in Final Poll

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    My bet is they lazily threw us in the BR regional due to location/past history. Doesn't change the fact that we will never get the respect we deserve until we win it all.
    Dont think that would even help Look at the retribution they sent hawaii's way when they dared to take down bama

10. Default Re: Louisiana Softball Ranked #9 in Final Poll

Bama's regional opponents that year had an average rpi of 113 and 21 losses and hawaai had 2 (whatvwould later become p5 teams ) in their region

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Power 5 conferences are hard to overcome.

I checked the Big 12 which has 10 members, Texas, TX Tech, Baylor, TCU, WV, OU, OSU, KU, KSU, & ISU. However, in baseball it has 9 members (Iowa State doesn't have baseball) and softball has only 7 members (KSU, TCU, WV don't have softball).

Hypothetically, if UL could join the Big 12 in baseball and softball now, would we do it? The Sun Belt would likely kick us out. With the way Napier is building our football program, would we go Indy for a while in hopes of getting an invite to the Big 12 or AAC? That approach worked for E. Carolina. We need to take bold steps to separate us from SBC and CUSA schools to elevate us to a better conference and this could do it. What do we have to lose? I think our AD could fill our schedules. Would it elevate us or sink us? Certainly a possible risk - reward scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Power 5 conferences are hard to overcome.

I checked the Big 12 which has 10 members, Texas, TX Tech, Baylor, TCU, WV, OU, OSU, KU, KSU, & ISU. However, in baseball it has 9 members (Iowa State doesn't have baseball) and softball has only 7 members (KSU, TCU, WV don't have softball).

Hypothetically, if UL could join the Big 12 in baseball and softball now, would we do it? The Sun Belt would likely kick us out. With the way Napier is building our football program, would we go Indy for a while in hopes of getting an invite to the Big 12 or AAC? That approach worked for E. Carolina. We need to take bold steps to separate us from SBC and CUSA schools to elevate us to a better conference and this could do it. What do we have to lose? I think our AD could fill our schedules. Would it elevate us or sink us? Certainly a possible risk - reward scenario.
    I would take that risk in a heartbeat

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    I would take that risk in a heartbeat
    I’m willing to be the SBC wouldn’t allow it

We would have just come off of sweeps of Georgia State and Texas State with the home match up against McNeese State on 4/1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information