Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: #1 in softball rpi

1. Default Re: #1 in softball rpi

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You understand that the P5 determines things not the NCAA. They declared themselves autonomous and the NCAA peed in their collective pants.
    “ The conferences that comprise the Power Five are designated by the NCAA, individually by name, as "autonomy conferences". Section 5.3.2.1 of the NCAA Constitution grants such conferences autonomy”. .if peed their pants means it was in the bylaws, than yes i understood that all along, but not really a major point in this thread. i should have defined “digress” instead

2. Default Re: #1 in softball rpi

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    “ The conferences that comprise the Power Five are designated by the NCAA, individually by name, as "autonomy conferences". Section 5.3.2.1 of the NCAA Constitution grants such conferences autonomy”. .if peed their pants means it was in the bylaws, than yes i understood that all along, but not really a major point in this thread. i should have defined “digress” instead
    That came into existence several years ago. Kind of like your landlord telling you the lease is up, unless you’re willing to triple the rent, and you look around and there’s nothing to rent. Yeah that’s a voluntary change of terms.

3. Default Re: Early #1 RPI shows value of UL's rugged road slate

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    When the NCAA unveiled the first RPI rankings for college softball Tuesday, anyone who wondered why UL coach Gerry Glasco put together such a tough pre-Sun Belt schedule found out why.

The No. 6-ranked Ragin’ Cajuns have the No. 1 RPI in the country.

I am very impressed with Glasco's grasp of the whole situation and his willingness to tackle things head on.

Default Re: #1 in softball rpi

If spring season is toast due to medical risk to playersit seems fair to offer athletes who want one, a medical redshirt

This may be a separate thread topic.medical reshirt not limited to #1 ranked softball.

Important to add.for next year any Sr player this year wouldn't count vs Scolly limit next year.

5. Default Re: #1 in softball rpi

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    RPI isn't rank.
    hmm.on ncaa website if you click rankings you get a list that includes all the different rankings:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information