Thread: Coaching: Austin Armstrong

1. Default Coaching: Austin Armstrong

Austin Armstrong, who spent the 2019 season on staff at Georgia, will serve as Louisiana Football's Inside Linebackers Coach, head coach Billy Napier announced on Monday.

Familiar with Napier and the program, Armstrong served as a defensive graduate assistant coach with the Ragin' Cajuns for the 2017 and 2018 seasons. Louisiana claimed its first of back-to-back Sun Belt Conference West Division championships in 2018, played in the Sun Belt's inaugural football championship game and earned a berth in the AutoNation Cure Bowl in Orlando, Florida.

"We're extremely excited to have Austin Armstrong back at Louisiana on our coaching staff," Napier said. "His experience working alongside some of the best coaches in the nation will serve him well going forward. He is familiar with our #cULture and process, and that will certainly help him hit the ground running as we continue to work hard on improvement. I am looking forward to seeing his impact on the Ragin' Cajuns' inside linebackers, and their growth and development this season."

Armstrong worked as a quality control assistant with Georgia Football's defense this past season, assisting head coach Kirby Smart's squad as they climbed as high as No. 3 in the national rankings. The Bulldogs finished the 2019 season with a 12-2 record and a win in the Allstate Sugar Bowl in New Orleans.

"My fiancé, Tiffany, and I are extremely excited and grateful to be back in Acadiana," Armstrong said. "It is certainly a tremendous opportunity to work for Coach Napier and Patrick Toney. I want to thank Coach Smart, Dan Lanning, Glenn Schumann and everyone associated with Georgia Football for making my time there very special."

Prior to his first stint with the Ragin' Cajuns, Armstrong was an assistant defensive line coach at West Georgia (Div. II) for the 2016 season.

Armstrong earned his Bachelor's degree from Huntingdon College in Montgomery, Alabama, in 2014, after playing linebacker for the Hawks for four seasons.

The rest of the story
    Louisiana AD

2. Default Re: Napier Adds Austin Armstrong to Coaching Staff

He is DC at Florida now.

Default Re: Coaching: Austin Armstrong

He rose to the top fast. Met he and his family on the beach in PCB on vacation a while he was with the Cajuns. He noticed my UL cap and came talk to me. Good people.

Thread Information