Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: UL 81, Georgia Southern 82

Default Re: MBB: Cajuns vs Eagles Monday 6 PM

I'm certainly not a basketball coach but it's amazing how many defenders crash down on a drive to the basket, thus freeing up 1 or 2 open men for short range baskets. That's what GaSo did down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by jcstewart View Post
    I'm certainly not a basketball coach but it's amazing how many defenders crash down on a drive to the basket, thus freeing up 1 or 2 open men for short range baskets. That's what GaSo did down the stretch.
    Yes, they played smarter to create better shots.

3. Default Re: MBB: Cajuns vs Eagles Monday 6 PM

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Yes, they played smarter to create better shots.
    Their shot selection and circus basketball was not a whole lot better than ours down the stretch. The difference was that their 3's went down better than ours. It was pretty bad basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Woah settle down there hot rod. You do enough ball licking for Bobby to cover the whole forum.
    Sorry about that, angry as everyone else.

I've already stated my position, it's lost on all thousands of negative posts directed at Marlin.

Maggard has already stated Bob gets a pass this year. Garry got a pass last year for same reason. My position has remained:

Garry has a healthy team. NCAA or NIT this year or time for a change. Same grace for Bob next season...post season or out.

And 6 NCAA appearances since the program came back from suspension doesn't make us a basketball school. Heck, if I remember correctly ULMOST has been 7 times.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA...bids_by_school

Any shot at an at-large bid?

6. Default Re: MBB: Cajuns vs Eagles Monday 6 PM

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Sorry about that, angry as everyone else.

I’ve already stated my position, it’s lost on all thousands of negative posts directed at Marlin.

Maggard has already stated Bob gets a pass this year. Garry got a pass last year for same reason. My position has remained:

Garry has a healthy team. NCAA or NIT this year or time for a change. Same grace for Bob next season...post season or out.

And 6 NCAA appearances since the program came back from suspension doesn’t make us a basketball school. Heck, if I remember correctly ULMOST has been 7 times.
    Anybody can go. It’s only part of the picture. The reality 11 seasons. Only one time has he strung two wins tournament time. Injuries, no injuries he’s just not much of a coach. Neither is the women version. At least he’s done a little more.

Their career resume just isn’t good enough. Now it’s the injuries. What about all the other times.

He’s probably gonna get to play out the contract. Hopefully that satisfy your sense of fair play.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Anybody can go. It’s only part of the picture. The reality 11 seasons. Only one time has he strung two wins tournament time. Injuries, no injuries he’s just not much of a coach. Neither is the women version. At least he’s done a little more.

Their career resume just isn’t good enough. Now it’s the injuries. What about all the other times.

He’s probably gonna get to play out the contract. Hopefully that satisfy your sense of fair play.
    Garry has done more? Zero NCAA/NIT bids. Lost at HOME to Dillard twice. Scheduled and lost a road game to a SWAC team. Oh yeah, beat a SEC team that managed to go 0-16 in league (12 times by double digits). Pay to play wins, don’t care...which has been documented on RP wont happen in the future. The only thing that Could justify another year is having only one senior this year.

8. Default Re: MBB: Cajuns vs Eagles Monday 6 PM

More with regards to getting more than one win in the tournament. Not even sure that’s accurate.

More with regards to getting more than one win in the tournament. Not even sure that’s accurate.
    Well, the only reason we made the NCAA’s with Bob was winning the tournament. Garry I think made the finals a few years ago and got the doors blown off. That’s the best both have done. Either way, Maggard’s calling the shots. Who knows, we might all be happy next week, though I don’t expect it based on Maggard’s prior comments.

More with regards to getting more than one win in the tournament. Not even sure that's accurate.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Check it out it's true we have only strung together multiple wins in the tournament once

Attached Images Attached Images            

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    What excuse? I'm saying he didn't substitute as well in the 2nd half.
    Just finished watching and totally agree with this. They hit a wall at the 10 minute mark and you could kind of feel it coming. Lafayette, Spenkuch, and Temple all played in the first half but never saw the court in the second. With the lead they could have give a few minutes to let a few others get a breather. Also when Johnson finally came back in late I would have liked to see Wesley stay in. He could have helped clear those traps and maybe attack the basket and get to the line.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Check it out it's true we have only strung together multiple wins in the tournament once
    Enough said. Fire Big Fish when he returns to Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Enough said. Fire Big Fish when he returns to Lafayette.
    Let's wait until end of the month his buyout drops to 400k

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Let's wait until end of the month his buyout drops to 400k
    Well, the bad news is individuals that can write a check like that probably lost that much or more in the market the past week or so.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information