Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: UL 81, Georgia Southern 82

Default Re: MBB Final: UL 81, Georgia Southern 82

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I love Coach Danny...but he has a lot of nerve...does he still have his guys stand at half court and not play the game to run the clock down?
    You may not like what he said, but a HOF HS coach is certainly qualified to point out what is obvious to many, if not you.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

This one hurts.

3. Default Re: MBB Final: UL 81, Georgia Southern 82

Express...it has been explained countless times over the years...the extension was granted bc Big Fish hit a milestone that called for an extension...and Big Fish delayed the extension a year to help the Administration, at the time...it was not granted out of thin air
    Frankly I’m of the opinion that the only extension he’s ever merited was the after his miracle in March run to the NCAA. If we had a verbal agreement to extend after that we just screwed the pooch. He’s never had a complete season, not one. Won a tournament out of 3rd or 4th place, won a regular season championship couldn’t put together a two game win streak in the tournament. Every other time he’s laid a total rotten egg.

I love Coach Danny...but he has a lot of nerve...does he still have his guys stand at half court and not play the game to run the clock down?
    He does what he needs to WIN the game. There is absolutely nothing anyone can say to justify the lack of poise and patience we exhibited on offense in the last 10 minutes of that game. Eating clock on our possessions is what was needed to do exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Did I say they shouldn't? Shouting it from the rooftops won't change anything. Quitting on the program won't change anything. Posting it a thousand times won't change anything.

I'm just looking at it from what is possibly the best case senario given what Maggard said. It's healthier for me. Doesn't mean it doesn't need to happen now.

So you could say we agree, just arrive at that decision a differnet way than most.
    Shouting it from the rooftops is the only thing that will create change.

6. Default Re: MBB Final: UL 81, Georgia Southern 82

These threads are like Ground Hog’s Day.

You can literally pull up any thread from the end of basketball season for the last 8 years and read the same exact content.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I’m of the belief that if he doesn’t make at least the 2nd round of the NCAA he should be canned.
    Then do it now and move the program forward cause that aint happening

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Then do it now and move the program forward cause that aint happening
    He might beat the odds and win 2 tournament games ... Sunbelt tournament games

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Frankly I’m of the opinion that the only extension he’s ever merited was the after his miracle in March run to the NCAA. If we had a verbal agreement to extend after that we just screwed the pooch. He’s never had a complete season, not one. Won a tournament out of 3rd or 4th place, won a regular season championship couldn’t put together a two game win streak in the tournament. Every other time he’s laid a total rotten egg.
    No argument from me on this post

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    He does what he needs to WIN the game. There is absolutely nothing anyone can say to justify the lack of poise and patience we exhibited on offense in the last 10 minutes of that game. Eating clock on our possessions is what was needed to do exactly that.
    No argument from me regarding UL’s (failed) execution last night...as someone who’s kids and grandkids go to STM, I don’t think it’s right when you start the 4th Quarter standing at half court not dribbling the ball...but admittedly, I’ve never won a state championship

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    These threads are like Ground Hog’s Day.

You can literally pull up any thread from the end of basketball season for the last 8 years and read the same exact content.
    Heck son, every loss the past two years have been Ground Hog Day. FWIW, the only movie I ever walked out on.

12. Default Re: MBB Final: UL 81, Georgia Southern 82

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Heck son, every loss the past two years have been Ground Hog Day. FWIW, the only movie I ever walked out on.
    My question for MAT would be, Is the insanity on the fans that are complaining about the same results (a ground hog day complaint) or on the fans that keep expecting a different result?

ps And the Jeep Ground Hog Day commercial was rated #1 out of all the Super Bowl commercials this year.

pps I walked out on Howard The Duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    My question for MAT would be, Is the insanity on the fans that are complaining about the same results (a ground hog day complaint) or on the fans that keep expecting a different result?

ps And the Jeep Ground Hog Day commercial was rated #1 out of all the Super Bowl commercials this year.

This is my favorite take by some, all of a sudden Maggard isn’t doing the right thing? Gosh almighty, Going decades since TDP, need him long as possible. He’s yet to make a bad hire. Trust him.

14. Default Re: MBB Final: UL 81, Georgia Southern 82

He made a bad hire the second he rehired Bob Marlin.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

We all know the definition of insanity. As you’ve probably noticed, I’ve been mum on MBB for the better part of 3 years. As long as we have status quo, we will get these results. Satisfaction is slave to expectation and I can’t think of a better example than Ragin Cajun Basketball.

If you study the situation in detail, Maggard is making exactly correct decisions. I’ve brought this up before. NCAA MBB dying as a whole > SBC Conference has awful leadership > SBC basketball is as bad as it’s ever been > Cajuns MBB has been middling for 20 years > We spent way too much money on a middling coach > no money to buy him out and excuses have been built in every year he loses > People still pay to watch.

I’d throw my hands up too.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information