Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: UL 81, Georgia Southern 82

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    LOL. All the optimism on this thread and then your post just kind of hits you in the face really hard.
    It’s not even being pessimistic, it’s just reality. The team we put on the floor yesterday should have made the finals. We have talent, not much depth until next season, but the coach is still the same.

Bobby Big Guppy just can’t win big games. He has proven that, over and over again. We are who we are. The most underachieving program in the SBC over the past 15 years and it’s not even close.

Default Re: MBB: Cajuns vs Eagles Monday 6 PM

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    It’s not even being pessimistic, it’s just reality. The team we put on the floor yesterday should have made the finals. We have talent, not much depth until next season, but the coach is still the same.

Bobby Big Guppy just can’t win big games. He has proven that, over and over again. We are who we are. The most underachieving program in the SBC over the past 15 years and it’s not even close.
    I won't disagree

Default Re: MBB Final: UL 81, Georgia Southern 82

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Just finished watching and totally agree with this. They hit a wall at the 10 minute mark and you could kind of feel it coming. Lafayette, Spenkuch, and Temple all played in the first half but never saw the court in the second. With the lead they could have give a few minutes to let a few others get a breather. Also when Johnson finally came back in late I would have liked to see Wesley stay in. He could have helped clear those traps and maybe attack the basket and get to the line.
    Late in the game, when GSU was in their zone, there were a couple of times down the court where we could have hit Johnson down near the block when Wishart was guarding him. This would have been taking advantage of a mismatch but rather, we strung it outside and jacked up shots. There were so many things you can point to the last half of the second half and just say we could have done this and that so much smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Sorry about that, angry as everyone else.

I’ve already stated my position, it’s lost on all thousands of negative posts directed at Marlin.

Maggard has already stated Bob gets a pass this year. Garry got a pass last year for same reason. My position has remained:

Garry has a healthy team. NCAA or NIT this year or time for a change. Same grace for Bob next season...post season or out.

And 6 NCAA appearances since the program came back from suspension doesn’t make us a basketball school. Heck, if I remember correctly ULMOST has been 7 times.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA...bids_by_school
    You can't get ____ed because of negative posts directed at a guy who has had a decade to accomplish ____. Nothing. I just don't understand how people defend him to the core. For those that point to injuries or special circumstances, there are years and years of data to show you what you are getting with him. Yesterday's game just solidified it even more for me. Up 16 with roughly 10 minutes to go and you don't do anything shorten the game and make any sort of defensive adjustments is just sad. They shot 50% from 3pt land and over 50% in total FG pct.

You can't get ____ed because of negative posts directed at a guy who has had a decade to accomplish ____. Nothing. I just don't understand how people defend him to the core. For those that point to injuries or special circumstances, there are years and years of data to show you what you are getting with him. Yesterday's game just solidified it even more for me. Up 16 with roughly 10 minutes to go and you don't do anything shorten the game and make any sort of defensive adjustments is just sad. They shot 50% from 3pt land and over 50% in total FG pct.
    I'm ____ed at the whole situation. Last night was another epic collapse in UL history. Much like Marty against Jasksonville (State?) blowing a 5 point lead with possession at home with a minute to go, coming off a time out we called.

However, I'm taking our AD at his word...no change coming. Do I like it? No. But he gets paid a whole lot more than us keyboard AD's (my self included). My position is based on a best case scenario...action taken ASAP based on the time frame of Maggard's stated position. Unless someone is writing a check at the end of the month AND can convince Maggard, Garry and Bob aren't going anywhere.

Anyone seen Cajun Mike around, missing his takes...

7. Default Re: MBB: Cajuns vs Eagles Monday 6 PM

Three air balls in the game...another off the backboard. That's failed basic basketball.
    That is season long poor conditioning, something the head coach can dictate and control.

I'm ____ed at the whole situation. Last night was another epic collapse in UL history. Much like Marty against Jasksonville (State?) blowing a 5 point lead with possession at home with a minute to go, coming off a time out we called.

However, I'm taking our AD at his word...no change coming. Do I like it? No. But he gets paid a whole lot more than us keyboard AD's (my self included). My position is based on a best case scenario...action taken ASAP based on the time frame of Maggard's stated position. Unless someone is writing a check at the end of the month AND can convince Maggard, Garry and Bob aren't going anywhere.
    I know they aren't going anywhere. Doesn't mean they shouldn't though.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I think he gave up RP for lent

Go back and watch the last 7 mins of the game. See how many uncontested shots the have withing 6 feet of the basket.

Watch our guards struggle to dribble down court and into our half court offense(?)

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Go back and watch the last 7 mins of the game. See how many uncontested shots the have withing 6 feet of the basket.

Watch our guards struggle to dribble down court and into our half court offense(?)
    Specifically watch Russell struggle to get the ball up the court. Wilson should have had the ball in his hands allowing Russell to get into his spots on the perimeter.

I know they aren't going anywhere. Doesn't mean they shouldn't though.
    Did I say they shouldn't? Shouting it from the rooftops won't change anything. Quitting on the program won't change anything. Posting it a thousand times won't change anything.

I'm just looking at it from what is possibly the best case senario given what Maggard said. It's healthier for me. Doesn't mean it doesn't need to happen now.

So you could say we agree, just arrive at that decision a differnet way than most.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I believe last year he gave up visiting this site as a Lenten penance, I would assume that is the case again.

Did I say they shouldn't? Shouting it from the rooftops won't change anything. Quitting on the program won't change anything. Posting it a thousand times won't change anything.

I'm just looking at it from what is possibly the best case senario given what Maggard said. It's healthier for me. Doesn't mean it doesn't need to happen now.

So you could say we agree, just arrive at that decision a differnet way than most.
    lol

Actually quitting on the program is the only way to remove Marlin if tickets drop its tournament or bust for Bobby

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information