Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Men’s SBC Championship

Default Re: 2020 Men’s SBC Championship

With Caldwell’s injury, Lowery was going to come off the bench just as we saw in game 1. Then we shifted to the players coming off gurneys.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    We should hire J.J. Davenport as his personal nutritionist.
    A blast from the past ... he made Boomer proud; til he just quit.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Really, the guy who played 19 minutes in the first game of the season, when we were the most healthy all year would have redshirted. The guy who would have played more minutes that game had he not gotten hurt would have redshirted. The guy who scored 7 points on 3 of 8 shooting would have redshirted?

This is all speculation, but when the season started the expectation with what we had available was that Lowery was going to contribute this year.

I would have loved for us to have been able to redshirt Lowery, that just was not an option, had he been healthy right now, Lowery would be playing and playing quite a bit.
    If Cadwell was healthy, Lowery redshirts. He was not recruited to play his freshman year.

4. Default Re: 2020 Men's SBC Championship

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    If Cadwell was healthy, Lowery redshirts. He was not recruited to play his freshman year.
    Are you related to Zepher? You sure seem to have as hard a head.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Just pointing out all these flaws in this guy telling us our injured lineup beats our current starting lineup. That is an unbelievable statement.

6. Default Re: 2020 Men’s SBC Championship

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Just pointing out all these flaws in this guy telling us our injured lineup beats our current starting lineup. That is an unbelievable statement.
    He poses an interesting conundrum.

The one thing I’ll give you guys is Marlin is stupid enough to burn freshman years of players that he ends up giving like 50 total min to for the year. He may very well have done the same to Lowery. He did it to Kristian Lafayette last year and many more Over the years. Granted, he runs those guys off before they are seniors, so it really doesn’t matter. Lowery getting injured is definitely a blessing in disguise for him. He wasn’t ready for D1 ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I told you Doubting Thomases several months ago that Big Fish was going to win 8 Big Games in March.

Last night was the first. He’s fixing to take 7 more.
    Would that put us in the Final 4 or winning it all? Either way, I'm in!!

Geaux Cajuns

Well, Lowery played in the first game, so he couldn't redshirt if he wasn't injured and out for the year.

I think the Cadwell injury really hurt the Cajuns' chances. He could play three positions and was behind Kobe at the "3". When they both went down, so did this team.

Default Re: 2020 Men's SBC Championship

No Douche. Speaking of hard heads.... And at least get the spelling correct you drunk.

Not Really

12. Default Re: 2020 Men's SBC Championship

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Not Really
    I understand this is a difficult concept for you, but hang in there babycakes.

Default Re: 2020 Men's SBC Championship

I understand this is a difficult concept for you, but hang in there babycakes.
    OK. I'll bite. Explain the conundrum.

14. Default Re: 2020 Men's SBC Championship

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    OK. I'll bite. Explain the conundrum.
    Do I play him because I really need him under the circumstances or do I redshirt him because he is not totally ready and really needs to be redshirted.

15. Default Re: 2020 Men's SBC Championship

You are WRONG to be so ugly to Dave. Many on this board are WRONG, often. Dave is not one. He spends a lot of time giving us valuable analytical information. You may have a different opinion, but seldom is he wrong.
    Vic thanks for the support, but 80 doesn't bother me. He is flat out wrong on Lowery, which has been proved by Willis and by 67. As he would not have redshirted due to the fact that he was playing in game 1. Their was no chance he could have redshirted, given he would have been a significant piece of the years rotation early in the season.

I stated an opinion that I think we have many players that are not playing that are as good as or better (in some cases) then the guys that are playing right now. I stand by that statement.

Next year should be interesting as we only lose Aucoin (who is a small part of our team) and Hardy who is having a great 2nd half of this season, but again a roll player in normal seasons. I stand by the statement if we were 100% healthy Hardy would be a bench player (not that their is anything wrong with that, I am a fan of Hardy, just he would not be playing 20+ minutes a game).

Mylik Wilson will continue to improve and could be the best athlete on the team
    Kobe Julien if he can stay healthy will be one of the best players in the SBC by the end of his career
    Tyrus Smith (if he can stay on the court--suspension and foul trouble) and Due Geuye are strong players in the middle for the Cajuns
    Jalen Johnson has proven he can be a 15-17 ppg player.
    Durey Cadwell will be a starter on this team, it might take him time to grow into a D1 player.
    Cedric Russell is a beast and can take over a game at any point during the game either as a shooter and/or a player who can finish at the rim.

I think Lowery/Lafayette (who might I admit I am really becoming more and more impressed with) and Wesley could be in the mix as well as the 8/9 guys. As well as whomever we have coming in.

I do think we will have some attrition at the bottom of the lineup as well. It will be interesting to see what happens with Spenkuch, Temple and Williams (i realize that 2 of these 3 are walkons and could stay with the program), but they may move on to get more playing time elsewhere.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information