Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 2020 Men’s SBC Championship

Default Re: 2020 Men's SBC Championship

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Do I play him because I really need him under the circumstances or do I redshirt him because he is not totally ready and really needs to be redshirted.
    Lowery was going to play regardless of whether Cadwell was injured or not.

2. Default Re: 2020 Men's SBC Championship

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Lowery was going to play regardless of whether Cadwell was injured or not.
    Well that was a decision that the coach had to make before the season started, i.e., “Lowery WAS going to play.” I believe like Dave that the decision was made before the season started and he was never going to redshirt. However, that decision was sort of a conundrum for the coach.

I don’t care whether you like it or not or whether you agree with it or not. I know you know everything, but that matters not to me.

Default Re: 2020 Men's SBC Championship

Well that was a decision that the coach had to make before the season started, i.e., “Lowery WAS going to play.” I believe like Dave that the decision was made before the season started and he was never going to redshirt. However, that decision was sort of a conundrum for the coach.

I don’t care whether you like it or not or whether you agree with it or not. I know you know everything, but that matters not to me.
    LOL. We are saying the same thing but you nor I have NO idea of whether that was a hard decision for the coach prior to the season. It sure looked like the plan was for him to play regardless of the overall health of the season, especially since he burned the redshirt possibility in the first game where our overall health was good.

Does Maggard fire Marlin if he loses this home SBC tournament game right after the game?

No excuse to lose this one Sat IMO.

Default Re: 2020 Men’s SBC Championship

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Does Maggard fire Marlin if he loses this home SBC tournament game right after the game?

No excuse to lose this one Sat IMO.
    We already know the answer to this. Marlin is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    My issue with Lafayette is his coordination. He cannot hold on to the basketball when trying to rebound. Also threw away 2 outlet passes off rebounds last night.
    Defensive liability as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Vic thanks for the support, but 80 doesn't bother me. He is flat out wrong on Lowery, which has been proved by Willis and by 67. As he would not have redshirted due to the fact that he was playing in game 1. Their was no chance he could have redshirted, given he would have been a significant piece of the years rotation early in the season.

I stated an opinion that I think we have many players that are not playing that are as good as or better (in some cases) then the guys that are playing right now. I stand by that statement.

Next year should be interesting as we only lose Aucoin (who is a small part of our team) and Hardy who is having a great 2nd half of this season, but again a roll player in normal seasons. I stand by the statement if we were 100% healthy Hardy would be a bench player (not that their is anything wrong with that, I am a fan of Hardy, just he would not be playing 20+ minutes a game).

Mylik Wilson will continue to improve and could be the best athlete on the team
    Kobe Julien if he can stay healthy will be one of the best players in the SBC by the end of his career
    Tyrus Smith (if he can stay on the court--suspension and foul trouble) and Due Geuye are strong players in the middle for the Cajuns
    Jalen Johnson has proven he can be a 15-17 ppg player.
    Durey Cadwell will be a starter on this team, it might take him time to grow into a D1 player.
    Cedric Russell is a beast and can take over a game at any point during the game either as a shooter and/or a player who can finish at the rim.

I think Lowery/Lafayette (who might I admit I am really becoming more and more impressed with) and Wesley could be in the mix as well as the 8/9 guys. As well as whomever we have coming in.

I do think we will have some attrition at the bottom of the lineup as well. It will be interesting to see what happens with Spenkuch, Temple and Williams (i realize that 2 of these 3 are walkons and could stay with the program), but they may move on to get more playing time elsewhere.
    Spenkuch, Lafayette, Smith will all be gone next year. If Cadwell was healthy, there is no way Lowery is playing. I stand by that. Don't get the infactuation with Cadwell tbh. His JUCO stats don't show me much. Reminds me of Jeremy Hayes. I guess we will see. Also Marlin stated Durey would be coming off bench, not starting.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Vic thanks for the support, but 80 doesn't bother me. He is flat out wrong on Lowery, which has been proved by Willis and by 67. As he would not have redshirted due to the fact that he was playing in game 1. Their was no chance he could have redshirted, given he would have been a significant piece of the years rotation early in the season.

I stated an opinion that I think we have many players that are not playing that are as good as or better (in some cases) then the guys that are playing right now. I stand by that statement.

Next year should be interesting as we only lose Aucoin (who is a small part of our team) and Hardy who is having a great 2nd half of this season, but again a roll player in normal seasons. I stand by the statement if we were 100% healthy Hardy would be a bench player (not that their is anything wrong with that, I am a fan of Hardy, just he would not be playing 20+ minutes a game).

Mylik Wilson will continue to improve and could be the best athlete on the team
    Kobe Julien if he can stay healthy will be one of the best players in the SBC by the end of his career
    Tyrus Smith (if he can stay on the court--suspension and foul trouble) and Due Geuye are strong players in the middle for the Cajuns
    Jalen Johnson has proven he can be a 15-17 ppg player.
    Durey Cadwell will be a starter on this team, it might take him time to grow into a D1 player.
    Cedric Russell is a beast and can take over a game at any point during the game either as a shooter and/or a player who can finish at the rim.

I think Lowery/Lafayette (who might I admit I am really becoming more and more impressed with) and Wesley could be in the mix as well as the 8/9 guys. As well as whomever we have coming in.

I do think we will have some attrition at the bottom of the lineup as well. It will be interesting to see what happens with Spenkuch, Temple and Williams (i realize that 2 of these 3 are walkons and could stay with the program), but they may move on to get more playing time elsewhere.
    Williams is the only walk on listed there, Temple and Spenkuch are both on scholarship. In a preseason interview Marlin mentioned that they intended to redshirt one player and there was debate between the coaching staff. I would assume that debate was between Spenkuch and Lowery. Lowery was probably more ready to contribute but way back when everyone was healthy there was more depth at guard than forward. He also stated that when Cadwell went down that made the decision of who would redshirt and everyone else would play.

9. Default Re: 2020 Men’s SBC Championship

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Williams is the only walk on listed there, Temple and Spenkuch are both on scholarship. In a preseason interview Marlin mentioned that they intended to redshirt one player and there was debate between the coaching staff. I would assume that debate was between Spenkuch and Lowery. Lowery was probably more ready to contribute but way back when everyone was healthy there was more depth at guard than forward. He also stated that when Cadwell went down that made the decision of who would redshirt and everyone else would play.
    So Caldwell going down solved the conundrum on Lowery.

10. Default Re: 2020 Men’s SBC Championship

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    Spenkuch, Lafayette, Smith will all be gone next year. If Cadwell was healthy, there is no way Lowery is playing. I stand by that. Don't get the infactuation with Cadwell tbh. His JUCO stats don't show me much. Reminds me of Jeremy Hayes. I guess we will see. Also Marlin stated Durey would be coming off bench, not starting.
    We will never know about Lowery, because that decision had to be made. I stand by my statement.

As far as Cadwell goes, I agree, hence the reason I said "he will have to grow into a D1 player." I don't think he starts the season, but will be a starter at some point on this team. Cadwell played for a very good Daytona State team with multiple players that are and will be playing at the next level. The numbers he put up 7.9 points per game, 3.0 Rebounds and 2.3 assists per game were playing around 20 minutes a game behind again some really talented kids.

Corbin Merritt -Signed with Oklahoma
    Dou Geuye - Signed with UL
    Kam'Ron Cunningham--Undecided will play D1 basketball
    Bryce Williams--Signed with Ole Miss
    Khadim sy--Signed with Ole Miss
    Jordan Coblin--Originally signed with IUPUI out of HS, played at Daytona playing at Concordia
    Harwin Francois--signed with Southern Illinois University
    Steven Rwahwire--undecided will probably play D1 ball

That team went 25-7, they were deep, don't let his lack of stats fool you.

So Caldwell going down solved the conundrum on Lowery.
    I think that was the biggest factor. Remember as well that Temple was not ruled eligible until a few hours before the first game.

So.......about the tournament, are we still talking about that here?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information