Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Coastal vs Louisiana

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Don't look now...

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Nostradamus
    Sometimes, I hate when I'm right...

Default Re: FB: Three Observations After Louisiana vs Coastal Matchup

Here's my 3 observations:

1. Our new Def Coordinator is going through a learning curve. This defense does not have the same discipline, or toughness. Having multiple teams drive multiple times all the way down the field, easy yards on 1st down, missed tackles and assignments. They just don't play with the same intensity. Our pass rush has not been effective enough.

2. Inconsistent offense. The only position I see that we are performing at a high level is the RB position. They all have been playing well, and we have the best group of RB's I have ever seen at UL. The QB position, when he's on, everybody's happy. He hasn't been on in the last 3 games. Poor throws and poor decisions kill drives. When he makes a good throw, it's a crap shoot if the receiver can catch it. It's a miracle when both happen. The OL has shown to not be as effective protecting the passer or making holes as last year, but we lost some major talent there.

3. Coaching. At least the team seemed to have more energy in this game. The 2nd game was awful. Some of the play calling is questionable, but for the most part they show they can move the ball down field. This past game, a couple of shots deep would have been nice to loosen up the Def. I'm mostly disappointed with the handling of the QB position. Many people love to point out the fact that we don't have anyone better on the team to compete with Levi. I am like, why not? Who's fault is it that we don't? It's the coaching staffs fault. Other teams seem to be able to find them, case in point, the freshman that just beat us, who we made look like a superstar. The Georgia twins had QB's that played well. Napier was a QB, he should be pretty good at finding someone. 3 years, and we don't have anyone at the level of Levi? Please. This is a problem not being addressed by this staff.

How some still come in and defend Levi is beyond me. He is a senior and constantly makes freshmen mistakes.

I don't know if it is coaching or him, but his refusal to run is killing the team. He finally runs in this game and reverts back to horrible passes when it counts.

4. Default Re: FB: Three Observations After Louisiana vs Coastal Matchup

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    ... He finally runs in this game and reverts back to horrible passes when it counts.
    Brian Mitchell could run lights out but he wasnt the worlds greatest passer. Good, not great.

There is a reason workout sessions focus on certain body sections. When I was younger and used to work out my legs, my arms got weaker.

In BB great defensive efforts often suffer at the free throw line.

Until they come out with a workout that prepares you for a 50 yard run with no inches discrepancy in passing, expect this to be the norm.

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Brian Mitchell could run lights out but he wasnt the worlds greatest passer. Good, not great.

There is a reason workout sessions focus on certain body sections. When I was younger and used to work out my legs, my arms got weaker.

In BB great defensive efforts often suffer at the free throw line.

Until they come out with a workout that prepares you for a 50 yard run with no inches discrepancy in passing, expect this to be the norm.

jmo
    I never said he shouldn't pass, but he seems to pass up the run when it is there and the right play. I also hate to see when he has mental lapses and throws really bad balls at the very worst times (either from being too late or bad technique).

In additon, when was the last game Levi actually ran the damn ball like this one? I'll wait for your answer.

He makes Freshman mistakes, but is a Senior with more than a year starting under his belt. I just want to see him live up to his potential and stop costing us games.

In addition, the DB's HAVE to stop dropping easy INTS.

6. UL Football Coastal

....Told you guys.......they are for real!....great off scheme and the players to make it deadly!!!

Default Re: Coastal

If anyone other than me was wondering what prompted this, Coastal is leading Ga State 34-0 at halftime.

They are for real. We aren’t. End of thread.

9. Default Re: Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    They are for real. We aren’t. End of thread.
    Those were two evenly matched teams. Last team to have the ball with time wins.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Coastal

Coasties up 51-0 in the 4th...

11. Default Re: Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Coasties up 51-0 in the 4th...
    .....If Coastal keeps it staff, coaches from all over the country will be paying them visits to ask about their offensive looks....I fell in love with it in their first game and now they are tweaking and adding with the talent of an in placed QB!!!

That's how you beat a team like Ga St. when you are ranked.

13. Default Re: Coastal

Iowa State kept Kansas winless 52-22

14. Default Re: Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .....If Coastal keeps it staff, coaches from all over the country will be paying them visits to ask about their offensive looks....I fell in love with it in their first game and now they are tweaking and adding with the talent of an in placed QB!!!
    All I know for a fact we gave a win opportunity away with a self inflicted penalty that ultimately did us in. I suppose we’re going to have to beat them in their place. But we’ve gotta quit all the foolishness we witnessed tonight.

15. Default Re: Coastal

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    All I know for a fact we gave a win opportunity away with a self inflicted penalty that ultimately did us in. I suppose we’re going to have to beat them in their place. But we’ve gotta quit all the foolishness we witnessed tonight.
    Against Coastal, Ragas was rationed the ball a measly 10 times for 77 yards.

If he had been given the ball a modest 14 times, Louisiana would be undefeated regardless of the 3rd down penalty and regardless of the Interception

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information