Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread: Cajuns at Rice

1. Default Re: Cajuns at Rice

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    I think it is. On the road also but I’m not gonna pretend that rice is any good
    Why does anyone have to do that. We got the opportunities, took them and stomped on them, period

Default Re: Cajuns at Rice

We were the better team last night. That is all that matters.

Like I said earlier, sometimes this is what it takes for a team to get going. We could have struck out after the 1st error. Instead, we continued to put the ball in play and put pressure on Rice. How much did our pressure affect their ability to make plays? Its subjective but the result was a win.

This is part of The Pack mentality. Feast when the opponent is weak.

Dont think anyone mentioned the "argument" between coaches when Deggs bunted a runner over in the 8th or 9th up by 10 runs. Play until the 27th out.

3. Default Re: Cajuns at Rice

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    People really not happy with a 9 run road win against an historically proud baseball program Geezus

We watched pack baseball last night. We watched hitters get aggressive and jump on a team. 7 runs on 30 pitches in the big inning. But no, let’s focus on why it WASNT a satisfactory performance. Christ have mercy.

Anyway, big shoutout to C-Rob and the pen. Showed some grit And got it done.
    I'd take wins like this all week long and twice on Sunday. . If I could.

I dont think Deggs called that bunt. It was probably done by the player trying to do what he's done since game 1 from the left side. It was with no intent and i think both parties probably worked that out after the game

5. Default Re: Cajuns at Rice

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    We were the better team last night. That is all that matters.

Like I said earlier, sometimes this is what it takes for a team to get going. We could have struck out after the 1st error. Instead, we continued to put the ball in play and put pressure on Rice. How much did our pressure affect their ability to make plays? Its subjective but the result was a win.

This is part of The Pack mentality. Feast when the opponent is weak.

Dont think anyone mentioned the "argument" between coaches when Deggs bunted a runner over in the 8th or 9th up by 10 runs. Play until the 27th out.
    The Rice coach objected to Louisiana bunting.

Deggs called off the bunting.

Personally, I think UL needed the practice, it wasn't run up the score.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Why can't this be just a good mid week win because we did what we needed to do to win.
    Exactly. We went on the road and won convincingly.

Regardless of how bad our opponent might be, we are starting to improve and currently sit with a 3 game win streak. I'll take that al day.

7. Default Re: Cajuns at Rice

You have no idea if they’re a poor opponent. They’ve played 11 games. Just looking at records, we are a “poor opponent”, which is non sense.

We went on the road and took TCOMFB. At this point in the developmental process, that is a very positive sign. There is a lot more to take away from these games than just the final score.
    In a vacuum both are poor with hope for improvement. I’m just saying put it in the right box. We could both become very good, but not at the moment. That’s not dissing anything, every week polls are taken on current state of things. By your logic the softball team might just be a mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    I dont think Deggs called that bunt. It was probably done by the player trying to do what he's done since game 1 from the left side. It was with no intent and i think both parties probably worked that out after the game
    Deggs has stated more than once that he calls all bunts. I do not know if he call this bunt or not. Based on the previous statement, it was my assumption that he called it.

9. Default Re: Cajuns at Rice

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Deggs has stated more than once that he calls all bunts. I do not know if he call this bunt or not. Based on the previous statement, it was my assumption that he called it.
    Top said on the radio that he had not called it and that he pulled Dupuy aside and addressed it and when the Rice coach acted up like that was not enough, Deggs said THWI.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Exactly. We went on the road and won convincingly.

Regardless of how bad our opponent might be, we are starting to improve and currently sit with a 3 game win streak. I'll take that al day.
    Exactly! We can't seem to enjoy wins with a team that has struggled without over analyzing it!

11. Default Re: Cajuns at Rice

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Replacing a legend coach is never easy. Graham was 80 something if I remember correctly.
    Unfortunately the LEGEND stayed past his best if used by date. That whole carton was rancid. It’s gonna take some time to get fresh product, and the rancid taste out.

12. Default Re: Cajuns at Rice

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Unfortunately the LEGEND stayed past his best if used by date. That whole carton was rancid. It's gonna take some time to get fresh product, and the rancid taste out.
    In his late days, in his walk out to the mound you had time to get a beer, drink it and get another and not miss a beat.

I suspect his recruiting meetings took a little to long for this days kids.

People really not happy with a 9 run road win against an historically proud baseball program Geezus

We watched pack baseball last night. We watched hitters get aggressive and jump on a team. 7 runs on 30 pitches in the big inning. But no, let’s focus on why it WASNT a satisfactory performance. Christ have mercy.

Anyway, big shoutout to C-Rob and the pen. Showed some grit And got it done.
    Nobody’s unhappy. Calm down. Just saying it wasn’t exactly pain train. 7 unearned runs. It was more like rice playing Santa Claus. We played solid and got the W. Couldn’t be happier. I’ll take a 2rbi single over a solo homer all day long.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread Information