Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: UL 8, Northwestern 10

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedFan View Post
    Supposedly 5 is the captain...the leader of the pack. If the rest of the team is to follow, he needs to step up. Am I putting the entire blame on him? No. Just trying to bring everyone back to reality. Good ballplayer, but no where near 1st round talent IMO
    Was anyone named captain? I am asking cuz I don't know.

As one former player asked, "How hard is it to pitch around a guy when there is zero chance of anybody behind him doing any damage?"

No protection for anyone in the lineup.

Default Re: BB Game Thread Final: UL 8, Northwestern 10

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Was anyone named captain? I am asking cuz I don't know.

As one former player asked, "How hard is it to pitch around a guy when there is zero chance of anybody behind him doing any damage?"

No protection for anyone in the lineup.
    They aren't pitching around him. They are going right at him. Have you watched any of the games?

Oh my ...

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post

Oh my ...
    23 runs on TEN hits? Looks like they had a little help from the Lions in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    23 runs on TEN hits? Looks like they had a little help from the Lions in that one.
    15 walks help

MLB will discount this season down to almost zero present value for the draft. Probably a good idea.

7. Default Re: BB Game Thread Final: UL 8, Northwestern 10

I don’t know what flabbergasts me more..

The K numbers or the fact that my esteemed baseball posters think Larnard is better than Jay Walker. Say what you will about bird, but he’s one of the best in the business on a PxP call.

I get that Greg is learning on the job, but doesn’t change the fact that he’s awful to listen to. That’s across the board.

Back to the game, it was nice to see the clutch hits in late innings. J Schultz and Batty have got to figure it out. Period. Yes, we are hitting a buck seventy, but we can’t keep giving up 5 and 6 run innings. It’s demoralizing.

As far as cantrelle goes.. Its time each side realize that the other has a legitimate gripe. Hard to trash a guy with his career numbers and projected future; but you also have to acknowledge he’s not getting it done. Brennan Breaux was named the team leader coming out of fall and that’s tells me a whole lot...

8. Default Re: BB Game Thread Final: UL 8, Northwestern 10

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

The K numbers or the fact that my esteemed baseball posters think Larnard is better than Jay Walker. Say what you will about bird, but he’s one of the best in the business on a PxP call.

I get that Greg is learning on the job, but doesn’t change the fact that he’s awful to listen to. That’s across the board.

Back to the game, it was nice to see the clutch hits in late innings. J Schultz and Batty have got to figure it out. Period. Yes, we are hitting a buck seventy, but we can’t keep giving up 5 and 6 run innings. It’s demoralizing.

As far as cantrelle goes.. Its time each side realize that the other has a legitimate gripe. Hard to trash a guy with his career numbers and projected future; but you also have to acknowledge he’s not getting it done. Brennan Breaux was named the team leader coming out of fall and that’s tells me a whole lot...
    I’m not sure exactly what Breaux’s injury may be, however he did come out there and LEAD last night.

MAT, i tend to agree with alot of your posts. But I just don't see how anyone can say JW is a great play by play guy. He always says that Vin Scully was his favorite. Vin Scully only shut up during big plays. I bet if you had a stop watch out, 15-20 seconds would pass before JW would say ANYTHING. Let me know what's going on. What's the left fielder doing? Is the coach pacing back and forth. Is the pitcher laboring a bit? If I can't make it to the game, I want him to be able to paint a picture with words. Simply saying here's the pitch................ball..................next pitch..............hit to shortstop and he makes the play....That doesn't cut it with me.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I’m not sure exactly what Breaux’s injury may be, however he did come out there and LEAD last night.
    Hamstring

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedFan View Post
    MAT, i tend to agree with alot of your posts. But I just don't see how anyone can say JW is a great play by play guy. He always says that Vin Scully was his favorite. Vin Scully only shut up during big plays. I bet if you had a stop watch out, 15-20 seconds would pass before JW would say ANYTHING. Let me know what's going on. What's the left fielder doing? Is the coach pacing back and forth. Is the pitcher laboring a bit? If I can't make it to the game, I want him to be able to paint a picture with words. Simply saying here's the pitch................ball..................next pitch..............hit to shortstop and he makes the play....That doesn't cut it with me.
    I guess we experience the games differently. Jay gives me enough information to where during the silence (which I like btw because you can hear the crowd and sounds at the park) I can strategize what I think might happen and what I would do in the situation. Not giving the score is irrelevant to me. At some point, one team or the other will do something to necessitate a score mention or the inning will end.

I don’t like broadcaster that ramble. I especially don’t like broadcasters that think they are cheeky and try their (s)hitty comedic anecdotes on the air.

Btw, how can a ball be HAMMERED slowly to the short stop? Everything was HAMMERED last night. I’ll chalk that up to learning curve, but my goodness, it’s bad.

I guess we experience the games differently. Jay gives me enough information to where during the silence (which I like btw because you can hear the crowd and sounds at the park) I can strategize what I think might happen and what I would do in the situation. Not giving the score is irrelevant to me. At some point, one team or the other will do something to necessitate a score mention or the inning will end.

I don’t like broadcaster that ramble. I especially don’t like broadcasters that think they are cheeky and try their (s)hitty comedic anecdotes on the air.

Btw, how can a ball be HAMMERED slowly to the short stop? Everything was HAMMERED last night. I’ll chalk that up to learning curve, but my goodness, it’s bad.
    I get what ya saying. I like jay's broadcast but the best team there is is Ian and Topham.They are spectacular. Greg will get it.

13. Default Re: BB Game Thread Final: UL 8, Northwestern 10

Was it Lannard or Junot Wednesday night. Somebody said it was Junot. Or was it one on radio and the other on the stream?

Well, I'll be honest. I only listened to a couple innings. Watched it via stream when I got home. The two innings I listened to were pretty good. I guess he got worse.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Was it Lannard or Junot Wednesday night. Somebody said it was Junot.
    Junot did TV. Larnard did radio.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information