Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: UL 8, Northwestern 10

Default Re: BB Game Thread Final: UL 8, Northwestern 10

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    How many runs did 5 give up last night? A team can't go 2-7 because of one player.
    Supposedly 5 is the captain...the leader of the pack. If the rest of the team is to follow, he needs to step up. Am I putting the entire blame on him? No. Just trying to bring everyone back to reality. Good ballplayer, but no where near 1st round talent IMO

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedFan View Post
    5 is the only "first rounder" we have. How many did he produce? 1?
    Nobody knows what round for anyone. People need to trash one amateur baseball player. Knock yourself out. It's a team game and trashing one player shows a lack of understanding.

3. Default Re: BB Game Thread Final: UL 8, Northwestern 10

Louisiana has scored 1000's upon 1000's of runs without counting on a "first rounder."

Nobody knows what round for anyone. People need to trash one amateur baseball player. Knock yourself out. It's a team game and trashing one player shows a lack of understanding.
    I get it. You may have some affinity for the kid. Just stating what I see. Selfish ball player playing selfish baseball. Is it him only? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Louisiana has scored 1000's upon 1000's of runs without counting on a "first rounder."
    I know that. I was replying to the comment about how many runs did he give up. It's a weekday game. Runs will be scored. When facing a team's 4th or 5th best pitcher, 5, as well as the rest of the team, should be able to come up with more than just nine singles.

Each player only gets 4 plate appearences, but whatever.

Each player only gets 4 plate appearences
    Appearances*

Unsure what you are getting at. But without sounding redundant, the lack of leadership on this team is appalling. Someone (I guess you're saying it shouldn't be 5) needs to stand up and man up. You know how hard it is to get nine hits without one accidentally going in the gap or down the line for a double?

8. Default Re: BB Game Thread Final: UL 8, Northwestern 10

Demanding a hitter hit .500 in a single game is unrealistic. It is the hope though.

.250 in a single game is not unusual.

Add in the hitless games that even the best hitters experience every 3 games or so and ...

... All told though it takes a mixture of all three to ever hit a mere .250

Actually we have no preseason 1st rounder on the roster. Can you link me to any preseason list that had Cantrelle in the top 35 picks of the MLB Draft? You have a point to be made, but overkill is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Actually we have no preseason 1st rounder on the roster. Can you link me to any preseason list that had Cantrelle in the top 35 picks of the MLB Draft? You have a point to be made, but overkill is ridiculous.
    I don't have a link. But I remember, or maybe i misremember, one of the posts before the season saying 5 would be a 1st round pick. D1 had him in top 50 I believe. Even that is a bit high IMO. Could he be a top 10rd pick by end of the season? Possibly. But I don't see it.

11. Default Re: BB Game Thread Final: UL 8, Northwestern 10

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    No, but I did find one last week that had him 4 at the Cod.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Demanding a hitter hit .500 in a single game is unrealistic. It is the hope though.

.250 in a single game is not unusual.

Add in the hitless games that even the best hitters experience every 3 games or so and ...

... All told though it takes a mixture of all three to ever hit a mere .250
    Well, we are hitting .176 as a team. Looks like we have work to do.

My opinion only is we suck so far. Plenty of blame to go around. I am sure every player and coach feels responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    No, but I did find one last week that had him 4 at the Cod.
    Seen it, but that's against a limited number of players in one league. Certainly high praise though.

I don't have a link. But I remember, or maybe i misremember, one of the posts before the season saying 5 would be a 1st round pick. D1 had him in top 50 I believe. Even that is a bit high IMO. Could he be a top 10rd pick by end of the season? Possibly. But I don't see it.
    Small sample at this point, but no he hasn't looked like a top 3 round prospect. D1, MLB and Fangraphs had him closer to a late 2nd Round or 3rd.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information