Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: MBB Game Thread: LA 77, ASU 74

Default Re: MBB: (Preview) Louisiana vs Arkansas St.

Where was Tyrus Smith tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by CawCajuns View Post
    Cause you have a media timeout coming under 4:00. He has a 7 pt lead and wants to give his guys a blow and set up defense to get a couple big stops. Another rest for the guys coming under 4 and can hopefully finish the game without having to give anybody a rest down the stretch.

Not saying it will work, but thats the logic
    Nailed it, that is the logic. It is a judgement call between momentum and rest/defensive alignment. Looks smart when it works and dumb when it doesn't.

I would hope it is an in game decision based upon a coaches reading of how the game is going. I don't think it should be a 100% always yes or always no type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Suspended for rest of season. No word why.

Lafayette had his best game as a Cajun. Second half he forced two key turnovers down low against ASU bigs. Dude actually showed emotions tonight on court.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Suspended for rest of season. No word why.

Lafayette had his best game as a Cajun. Second half he forced two key turnovers down low against ASU bigs. Dude actually showed emotions tonight on court.
    Well Mike knows why he's suspended but isn't saying.

I'm in Houston, like every other week, so I missed this game and seeing Lafayette play what was probably his best game, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Well Mike knows why he's suspended but isn't saying.

I'm in Houston, like every other week, so I missed this game and seeing Lafayette play what was probably his best game, ever.
    It can’t be serious as he’s sitting on the bench

If I’m figuring it correctly, win 1 of next 2 Cajuns in conference tournament.

7. Default Re: MBB: (Preview) Louisiana vs Arkansas St.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Lafayette gave us some quality minutes. Whose this cat Smith you’re asking about?

Wow, nice comeback.

Geaux Cajuns

Cedric Russell had 19 of his 22 points in the second half. That offset a great performance by Marquis Eaton who is an all-conference player. He had a career high 28 tonight.

After shooting just 25% in the first half, Cajuns shot 62.1 (18-29) after intermission.

Now, THIS is how you respond and finish a game. Solid win tonight. Onward to Saturday.

11. Default Re: MBB: (Preview) Louisiana vs Arkansas St.

Quote Originally Posted by talktomewillis View Post
    Cedric Russell had 19 of his 22 points in the second half. That offset a great performance by Marquis Eaton who is an all-conference player. He had a career high 28 tonight.

After shooting just 25% in the first half, Cajuns shot 62.1 (18-29) after intermission.
    At one point in the 2nd half about the middle maybe they showed a stat line for 3 point attempts. ASU was an awful 3/11, then you saw Louisiana 4/20. It got better but mostly from in the paint and a few timely 3's.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    At one point in the 2nd half about the middle maybe they showed a stat line for 3 point attempts. ASU was an awful 3/11, then you saw Louisiana 4/20. It got better but mostly from in the paint and a few timely 3's.
    Yes, and inside of 6 minutes or so, ASU did a good job of attacking the paint, even when they got down 6+ points. We were taking contested outside shots and they were taking driving layups. We made the plays we had to down the stretch but Eaton almost willed them to the win. Good win considering we didn't have Smith against a better front line.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    UL makes a 3pt and Marlin calls TO. I'll NEVER understand that.

Ark St 54
    Louisiana 61
    5:00 2nd Half
    Setting up defense and matchups.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information