Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs Texas (Double Header)

UL Softball Louisiana vs Texas (Double Header)

Is it just me or did Kleist need a lot of saving from Ellyson this past weekend? Who should get the start for the Longhorns?

Default Re: What's with Kleist? Thoughts on pitching Texas

We got two games against them so I can almost guarantee they will each start one

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    We got two games against them so I can almost guarantee they will each start one
    Definitely. I'm excited for this one. Geaux Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    Definitely. I'm excited for this one. Geaux Cajuns
    This whole week 2 against Texas and 3 against Florida. Time to see what we are really made of

Got to get the bats going. Both pitchers need run support. Not saying anything the we or the coaches don't know already.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Got to get the bats going. Both pitchers need run support. Not saying anything the we or the coaches don't know already.
    Agreed. I'm thinking texas is disciplined enough to sit on a good change up and take it out of the park. We need every run we can get

7. Default Re: What's with Kleist? Thoughts on pitching Texas

Quote Originally Posted by bbhstiger5 View Post
    Is it just me or did Kleist need a lot of saving from Ellyson this past weekend? Who should get the start for the Longhorns?
    You’re aware that she hasn’t pitched in a competitive league for over a year. She’s apparently knocking off some mental and physical rust. Also in the OSU loss she was only a small part. You gotta score, and your defense needs to be solid vs top flight competition.

Does that answer your concerns El Tiger?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You’re aware that she hasn’t pitched in a competitive league for over a year. She’s apparently knocking off some mental and physical rust. Also in the OSU loss she was only a small part. You gotta score, and your defense needs to be solid vs top flight competition.

Certainly, and I figured as much, I just wanted someone else's thoughts. I wasn't trying to insult;

9. Default Re: What's with Kleist? Thoughts on pitching Texas

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post

She has a loss with 1 run and a loss with 0 runs. Very few games are won with 1 run. No team has ever won a game with 0 runs.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    She has a loss with 1 run and a loss with 0 runs. Very few games are won with 1 run. No team has ever won a game with 0 runs.
    It will be fun to watch our pitchers go after texas and FL. I think the bats are improving

Lots of interesting strategy to play out in the Texas series. Mike White left Oregon for Texas. Miranda Elish joined him. Elish and Kleist were the dynamic pitching duo in Oregon. Presumably both teams have good intel and are working on a hitting approach for these two pitchers. I think we will see Summer start the first one with some ability to relieve the second one. We will be the toughest opponent that Texas has faced so far. This is walking distance from my office, so I will see you all there.

Haven't looked at the Florida weather, but gonna be a cold one in Austin tomorrow afternoon and night. I wouldn't expect the scoring to be high in either of those game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Haven't looked at the Florida weather, but gonna be a cold one in Austin tomorrow afternoon and night. I wouldn't expect the scoring to be high in either of those game.
    65 to start, 55 to finish. No rain. Sounds perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    Lots of interesting strategy to play out in the Texas series. Mike White left Oregon for Texas. Miranda Elish joined him. Elish and Kleist were the dynamic pitching duo in Oregon. Presumably both teams have good intel and are working on a hitting approach for these two pitchers. I think we will see Summer start the first one with some ability to relieve the second one. We will be the toughest opponent that Texas has faced so far. This is walking distance from my office, so I will see you all there.
    Snap! I did not realize we were playing UT tomorrow. My office isn't within walking distance, but I'll be there for the 2nd one at least!

Anyone bought tickets already? I looked on the UT website, and only saw tickets for the 4:30 game.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information