Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

1. UL Baseball Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Cajuns bullpen shines, but Cajuns can't get over the big deficit

The Tulane Green Wave scored eight runs in the first two innings and thwarted a Louisiana comeback as they held on to beat the Cajuns 9-6 before a paid crowd of 4,540

2. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

To me the difference in the game happened in the second inning by failing to fully realize or act on the fact that on this night, the starter didn't have it.

Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Yes, I could understand letting him finish the first inning, but to bring him out for the second, I don’t understand.

4. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Needed Batty to eat innings. Also needed to let him mentally recover from that first inning, so I didn’t hate the idea of sending him back out. We have very few southpaws this year; need him to contribute.

Fitzgerald, a player I really like, needs to figure it out in RF. He’s misplayed multiple balls they have caused problems for us.

We also should have turned a double play that resulted in another run while we were trying to scrap back.

Also, don’t forget that Hannie got robbed on a bases clearing rocket by the first baseman.

Even with all of that, you had your team “super star“ at the plate 3 times from innings 5-8 with RISP and he couldn’t deliver.

It’s inches, not feet.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Needed Batty to eat innings. Also needed to let him mentally recover from that first inning, so I didn’t hate the idea of sending him back out. We have very few southpaws this year; need him to contribute.

Fitzgerald, a player I really like, needs to figure it out in RF. He’s misplayed multiple balls they have caused problems for us.

We also should have turned a double play that resulted in another run while we were trying to scrap back.

Also, don’t forget that Hannie got robbed on a bases clearing rocket by the first baseman.

Even with all of that, you had your team “super star“ at the plate 3 times from innings 5-8 with RISP and he couldn’t deliver.

It’s inches, not feet.
    What is it about toothpicks that ____ our fans off so much?

It’s inches, not feet.
    spot on . a team learning to win

7. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    Baldwin. Shall I say any more.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Baldwin. Shall I say any more.
    Baldwin, LA?

9. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Baldwin, LA?
    Coach Jerry Baldwin - Coach Toothpik

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Coach Jerry Baldwin - Coach Toothpik
    Is Scott Hall from Baldwin?

11. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Needed Batty to eat innings. Also needed to let him mentally recover from that first inning .
    Instead his need of recovery was made worse.

It was obvious after one, he was done.

However, I've seen what was hoped for occur, but very seldom and baseball is supposedly a game of percentages.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Instead his need of recovery was made worse.

It was obvious after one, he was done.

However, I've seen what was hoped for occur, but very seldom and baseball is supposedly a game of percentages.
    Just because the result wasn’t the desired outcome doesn’t mean the decision was inherently wrong.

13. Default

It’s not the toothpick The toothpick is a symptom

It’s inches, not feet.
    What you said is true about Cantrelle last night, but let's remember I heard similar noise from the back of the room about him last season, and look at his numbers at the end of the season. He will hit, I not concerned about him. He has a track record of producing, but there are others in that lineup that need to come through soon.

15. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Just because the result wasn’t the desired outcome doesn’t mean the decision was inherently wrong.
    And sometimes it works.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information