Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

1. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I don't think that the kid could do no wrong, it's just at some point some of the comments become overkill when it comes to Cantrelle. You guys act like players in the past like Conrad, Strenzt or Adams didn't go into slumps' or play with attitudes. Cantrelle has been called a punk and other names, I don't recall Conrad or any of the players in 2014 being called those names for playing similarly, or coloring their hair. The most noticeable difference is that team won and the talent in that lineup allowed players to play through slumps and poor games. Cantrelle doesn't have that luxury, there has been very little talent around him since he walked in the door.

While he may have been given more chances in the lineup than others, it has paid off for the coaches in the long run. Talk to Babs, or JT and ask them how Cantrelle practices daily and his commitment to the game. The difference between him and the others that you say haven't gotten the opportunities is what he does daily and what they weren't doing at practice.

Since Lucroy has played here , there have been 2 players that garnered top of the draft projections, Trahan and Conrad. Hayden Cantelle is the third now to garner such attention. I'm willing to look at stats, but let's look at the stats of the players around him as well. No, he is not perfect but he certainly is no punk and he plays the game the right way. And had this program won more with him on the roster, most of the personal BS would not been posted on this site.
    Not a Damn thing you posted here has anything to do with me. Why in the hell did you post that as a reply to me? You pulled that c(r)@p last year and it was unfounded then. It’s post by people like you that draws the ire. You do him no favors.

Good Night and Back to The Game.

Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

5 is is the eventual all state player on a LL team of scrubs.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Not a Damn thing you posted here has anything to do with me. Why in the hell did you post that as a reply to me? You pulled that c(r)@p last year and it was unfounded then. It’s post by people like you that draws the ire. You do him no favors.

Good Night and Back to The Game.
    Is this not your post?

"1. Most are not given the opportunities 5 has received over the last two years considering early performance. Everyone has to give it to 5 for staying the course and performing as he has done to finish the last two years. Yes, the coach was right in that respect. Furthermore, you are correct that getting those chances is not and should not be a knock on the player.

2. While that was going on, so many kids were in the constant revolving door where they knew not from one day to another if they would be in a lineup. It is hard as hell to pull out of slumps when you don't have a reasonable opportunity to play this game for some extended time. 5 did not have to deal with that.

And yes, I did feel that Robe was pressing the last couple of years and that may have cost us players not ever getting to their optimum capabilities. How we were able to keep Lott for that third year after the way he was treated in the first two Is mind boggling.

On a final note, when some on here have propped 5 up like he can do no wrong, I have pointed out additional facts/stats which show the full picture. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edit: Roug, that's a lot of work to check on me. Thanks for doing that and not acting like a couple of other dip($)hits have done here earlier in this thread."

It has every damn thing to do with you! You make statements about his extra chances he has received and the players that have left through a revolving doors. Be specific, what players and what extra chances has he received? You are not just giving stats to prove a point, but throwing out accusations that can't be proven, or unproven. You did this ____ last season, along with that ____ Leblanc. You got something to say, spill it. Or, stop throwing ____ at the wall to see what sticks.

4. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Is this not your post?

"1. Most are not given the opportunities 5 has received over the last two years considering early performance. Everyone has to give it to 5 for staying the course and performing as he has done to finish the last two years. Yes, the coach was right in that respect. Furthermore, you are correct that getting those chances is not and should not be a knock on the player.

2. While that was going on, so many kids were in the constant revolving door where they knew not from one day to another if they would be in a lineup. It is hard as hell to pull out of slumps when you don't have a reasonable opportunity to play this game for some extended time. 5 did not have to deal with that.

And yes, I did feel that Robe was pressing the last couple of years and that may have cost us players not ever getting to their optimum capabilities. How we were able to keep Lott for that third year after the way he was treated in the first two Is mind boggling.

On a final note, when some on here have propped 5 up like he can do no wrong, I have pointed out additional facts/stats which show the full picture. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edit: Roug, that's a lot of work to check on me. Thanks for doing that and not acting like a couple of other dip($)hits have done here earlier in this thread."

It has every damn thing to do with you! You make statements about his extra chances he has received and the players that have left through a revolving doors. Be specific, what players and what extra chances has he received? You are not just giving stats to prove a point, but throwing out accusations that can't be proven, or unproven. You did this ____ last season, along with that ____ Leblanc. You got something to say, spill it. Or, stop throwing ____ at the wall to see what sticks.
    You are totally off base again and obviously blind to anything about this subject. Sorry you have the red _____. This post shows your inability to read any post that says anything about 5 blindly and openly. You impute things that are not said and can’t comprehend things that are. Can’t help you anymore. Also, if you have a problem with Leblanc, take that up with him, not me.

You are totally off base again and obviously blind to anything about this subject. Sorry you have the red _____. This post shows your inability to read any post that says anything about 5 blindly and openly. You impute things that are not said and can’t comprehend things that are. Can’t help you anymore. Also, if you have a problem with Leblanc, take that up with him, not me.
    You post nonsense and then pretend you didn't post it. Are you that oblivious to the things you post and say on this site, or do you suffer from dementia? You posted it, own it!

6. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

You post nonsense and then pretend you didn't post it. Are you that oblivious to the things you post and say on this site, or do you suffer from dementia? You posted it, own it!
    I own everything I post. If you had any ability to retain, you would know that answers to every stupid question you asked me are IN MY POSTS. What is not in my posts are the ignorant characterizations you made. I’m done, got a game to finish watching.

7. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

I own everything I post. If you had any ability to retain, you would know that answers to every stupid question you asked me are IN MY POSTS. What is not in my posts are the ignorant characterizations you made. I'm done, got a game to finish watching.
    P.S. It's the new Schiff.

I'm not normally one to side with Vic but I think you are wrong or my reading comprehension is really bad too(which is possible). But I have never seen him refer to 5 as a punk or anything remotely close. All he said was he was given a lot more chances than many others. I along with many others tend to agree with him. But in no way do I think he is a bad kid or lacks commitment to the game or his team.

9. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun fan1 View Post
    I'm not normally one to side with Vic but I think you are wrong or my reading comprehension is really bad too(which is possible). But I have never seen him refer to 5 as a punk or anything remotely close. All he said was he was given a lot more chances than many others. I along with many others tend to agree with him. But in no way do I think he is a bad kid or lacks commitment to the game or his team.
    He may have been given more chances, but nobody except his coaches know why. I’m not gonna believe Robe would favor players who aren’t earning that favoritism. There’s no doubt highly recruited and high draft picks are given more latitude than others, still they ultimately have to perform.

Lott was highly recruited. He appeared to be open to coaching but was not an outstanding position player. We also don’t know what went on in practice and non practice. Clearly Lott didn’t feel cheated as he stayed the coarse.

P.S. It's the new Schiff.
    I will say a prayer for you Nancy Pelosi.

11. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

I will say a prayer for you Nancy Pelosi.
    Only room for one Democrat on this board and you have loved it down, hook line and sinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun fan1 View Post
    "I don't think that the kid could do no wrong, it's just at some point some of the comments become overkill when it comes to Cantrelle. You guys act like players in the past like Conrad, Strenzt or Adams didn't go into slumps' or play with attitudes. Cantrelle has been called a punk and other names, I don't recall Conrad or any of the players in 2014 being called those names for playing similarly, or coloring their hair. The most noticeable difference is that team won and the talent in that lineup allowed players to play through slumps and poor games. Cantrelle doesn't have that luxury, there has been very little talent around him since he walked in the door.

While he may have been given more chances in the lineup than others, it has paid off for the coaches in the long run. Talk to Babs, or JT and ask them how Cantrelle practices daily and his commitment to the game. The difference between him and the others that you say haven't gotten the opportunities is what he does daily and what they weren't doing at practice.

Since Lucroy has played here , there have been 2 players that garnered top of the draft projections, Trahan and Conrad. Hayden Cantelle is the third now to garner such attention. I'm willing to look at stats, but let's look at the stats of the players around him as well. No, he is not perfect but he certainly is no punk and he plays the game the right way. And had this program won more with him on the roster, most of the personal BS would not been posted on this site."

I don't believe I accused him specifically of calling Cantrelle a "punk" in either paragraph.

13. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    He may have been given more chances, but nobody except his coaches know why. I’m not gonna believe Robe would favor players who aren’t earning that favoritism. There’s no doubt highly recruited and high draft picks are given more latitude than others, still they ultimately have to perform.

Lott was highly recruited. He appeared to be open to coaching but was not an outstanding position player. We also don’t know what went on in practice and non practice. Clearly Lott didn’t feel cheated as he stayed the coarse.
    The issue is not opportunity to 5, it is lack of opportunity to all others. I used 5 solely as an example of what can happen with that many. That is a plus for 5 not a knock on him.

However, many of the pee brain 5 worshippers of 5 made something out of nothing and here we are today. Like I said to Mr. Schiff yesterday, the barragement of “only good” attributes (and there are a lot of those) with down right refusal to acknowledge those that are not so good have done 5 little favors.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post

Exactly Express, but you don't see Lott's name mentioned as much when it comes to getting more chances than others. None of us know how these kids performed in practice on a daily basis, we only know what the staff has stated. They were rewarded in both cases when it comes to Lott and Cantrelle.

15. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

"I don't think that the kid could do no wrong, it's just at some point some of the comments become overkill when it comes to Cantrelle. You guys act like players in the past like Conrad, Strenzt or Adams didn't go into slumps' or play with attitudes. Cantrelle has been called a punk and other names, I don't recall Conrad or any of the players in 2014 being called those names for playing similarly, or coloring their hair. The most noticeable difference is that team won and the talent in that lineup allowed players to play through slumps and poor games. Cantrelle doesn't have that luxury, there has been very little talent around him since he walked in the door.

Since Lucroy has played here , there have been 2 players that garnered top of the draft projections, Trahan and Conrad. Hayden Cantelle is the third now to garner such attention. I'm willing to look at stats, but let's look at the stats of the players around him as well. No, he is not perfect but he certainly is no punk and he plays the game the right way. And had this program won more with him on the roster, most of the personal BS would not been posted on this site."

I don't believe I accused him specifically of calling Cantrelle a "punk" in either paragraph.
    Like I said before, not a damn thing (including that) you put in that post has a thing to do with me or anything I have posted, Mr. Schiff.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information