Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Robe sent few to the Cape. Those he sent deserved it and did well.
    Absolutely. My post was very sarcastic.

Last year 5 led the team for on base %, stolen bases by more than double, runs scored by a bunch, doubles, walks, sac bunts and never ground into a double play. The team was not very good, so all that gets devalued.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    As I stated earlier, I never advocated that 5 be benched. You are dead wrong about that. And again, your second sentence completely misses the point I made. You didn’t get it last year and won’t this year because all you are woried about is protecting 5 when my point is not against 5.

Thus, I maintain my position about the ignorance of your previous post.
    Vic,I understand your point and agree with you on this one.

4. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Last year 5 led the team for on base %, stolen bases by more than double, runs scored by a bunch, doubles, walks, sac bunts and never ground into a double play. The team was not very good, so all that gets devalued.
    Your second sentence really devalues the first as he was tied with others on a team that was not very good in 3:of the categories posted. Also, you fail to note that he was second in SO's and lead in errors by almost double (15) putting him 23rd in fielding percentage, again, on a team that was not very good.

Attempting to pile on cuts both ways. Again, 5 is a good player, but it's hard to sit back and just take all the overhype. For once, I agree with MAT. What I have posted is not so much to rip but to note all of the factors that should be considered in evaluating a proclaimed 5 tool player. At the level that some on here want to promote 5, it is ALL relevant.

And I might add, two guys on this board that are believed to be baseball guys have declared their thoughts of who is the best hitter on a team that is currently hitting .151 and that you proclaim is not so good and 5's name was not in either one’s pick.

This thread took a complete nosedive and crashed. Looks like it’s time to move on to tonight’s game.

6. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    This thread took a complete nosedive and crashed. Looks like it's time to move on to tonight's game.
    VaTech is 1 and 2, might be an opportunity to right the ship and win a series.

I guess MLB and the Cape league are run by a bunch of baseball buffoons. 5 better hope they don't stumble on this board this spring.

8. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

I guess MLB and the Cape league are run by a bunch of baseball buffoons. 5 better hope they don't stumble on this board this spring.
    Oh, so now if 5 is not in the 1% that makes it on a MLB roster, its this boards fault for posting actual stats. Wow, just wow.

Oh, so now if 5 is not in the 1% that makes it on a MLB roster, its this boards fault for posting actual stats. Wow, just wow.
    I kid. This board has no effect on the draft.

10. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Take a cue from the weather.

This was good morning toilet reading. Thanks fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by RC8 View Post
    This was good morning toilet reading. Thanks fellas.
    I wouldn’t say good. Made me want to run.

13. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Thread went a little nuts.

Just to clarify, I’m not anti-Cantrelle. At all.
    We have a team that needs a shot in the arm. We are looking for momentum. Our best player needs to make that happen when given the chance. We need him to step up and make these new guys believe.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

Just to clarify, I’m not anti-Cantrelle. At all.
    We have a team that needs a shot in the arm. We are looking for momentum. Our best player needs to make that happen when given the chance. We need him to step up and make these new guys believe.
    I agree with everything you just posted. Being disappointed in his slow start is entirely different than saying he hasn't lived up to his potential or he is over hyped. He has two years of body of work to suggest otherwise.

15. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post

Just to clarify, I'm not anti-Cantrelle. At all.
    Neither am I. Love to watch him play. Have been seeing him since he was 12.

But to move him from a good college player to a position on an MLB roster at this time is a stretch.

May he finish his days as 5 with a boom.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information