Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

1. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    I may be totally off base here but perception is everything. I also find myself second guessing it because I've never met him in person and watching his dad in the past I tend to give him slack. But it sure does look to me like #5 is all about me. And I say that because all of the things he does to draw attention to himself, dyed hair, toothpick, etc. Just my two cents
    I’m fine with him. Just wish he’d be a little bit better. But that’s just about anybody.

2. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Last year Cantrelle struggled under JT and thrived under Wells. This year Wells is learning a new system along with the players.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    2018: .115 over his first 9 games before hitting in 18 out of 20 games
    2019: .125 over first 12 games before 14 gm hit streak and hits in 28 out of 30 games after the first 12

Its coming. Kid has hit for the cycle, had walk offs, 3 HR game, and at the very least set the table more times than anyone else (2nd in runs scored freshman, led as soph.) That's pretty much textbook leadoff guy
    How hard is it to pitch around the only guy in a line up with a clue. Not very hard. It's a team sport. Nobody is hitting. One guy can't carry a team. It don't work thataway.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    How hard is it to pitch around the only guy in a line up with a clue. Not very hard.
    Thank you.

The trend is obvious. Struggles against better pitching in OOC games. Usually our best RPI opponents. Hits the daylights out of mostly mediocre SBC pitching. Lags again in postseason.

I’m not trying to marginalize the guy. Again, I think he’s a good player. I’m glad he’s here. It’s just time to deliver when we need him most. And a haircut wouldn’t kill him but that’s just me 🤷🏼_♂️

5. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

How hard is it to pitch around the only guy in a line up with a clue. Not very hard. It's a team sport. Nobody is hitting. One guy can't carry a team. It don't work thataway.
    It’s worse than that right now. They haven’t had to find a guy to pitch around, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I understand that thought process, and respect people that have this opinion.

I just disagree. I’ve seen “dudes” play at this university, and we all know what they look like. To this point, I just don’t buy the hype. He’s a nice player, and I’m glad he’s here. I’ve supported him since before he signed. It’s time to step up when we need him most.

MLB projects him top 5 rounder for reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    It's worse than that right now. They haven't had to find a guy to pitch around, yet.
    They pitching around 5 guy just to stay in shape. They going by the book.

Thank you.

The trend is obvious. Struggles against better pitching in OOC games. Usually our best RPI opponents. Hits the daylights out of mostly mediocre SBC pitching. Lags again in postseason.

I’m not trying to marginalize the guy. Again, I think he’s a good player. I’m glad he’s here. It’s just time to deliver when we need him most. And a haircut wouldn’t kill him but that’s just me 🤷🏼_♂️
    That is MLB hair, unless the S kankees take him.

9. Default

MLB projects him top 5 rounder for reasons.
    Based on tools though, right?

Based on production when the team desperately needs him, he’s an UDFA.

10. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Based on tools though, right?

Based on production when the team desperately needs him, he’s an UDFA.
    And what about the errors - 15 errors last year.

11. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

I'm getting out of this kind of dog pile

Thank you.

How's the pitching in the Cape, wasn't he MVP or something? Probably better pitching than Southeastern/Tulane/Tech, nay? Remember when Barry Bonds struggled in the playoffs with the Pirates. Maybe comparing apples to oranges, but hitters are streaky, the great thing about Cantrelle is he has been able to still get on base and contribute even while struggling. That is the sign of a very established hitter in my opinion.

I think you guys are being a bit too hard on the kid. Who cares what anyone looks like or his hair color. Remember all those yellow hair players on our college world series team. C'mon now

In his youtube channel he comes across as more helpful than a me guy. Check it out, I didn't get that kind of vibe at all. If I had a kid that was an aspiring ballplayer I would recommend it.

Thank you.

The kid was a Cape Cod League All Star and far and away the most talented position player on this team.

He’s started slow every season. You may not be trying to “marginalize the guy” but you’ve ripped on him about 5-6 posts in a row now.

We are 4 games into a 56 game schedule. That’s the equivalent of the first half of the first game in a football season.

Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    I may be totally off base here but perception is everything. I also find myself second guessing it because I've never met him in person and watching his dad in the past I tend to give him slack. But it sure does look to me like #5 is all about me. And I say that because all of the things he does to draw attention to himself, dyed hair, toothpick, etc. Just my two cents
    Good Lord. Sounds like some little league benchwarmer's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I'm getting out of this kind of dog pile
    It’s a pile alright. Pray it gets better or this thread will look like a walk in the park.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information