Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    All of them. He’s a great player who’s off to a slow start.just like both of his previous seasons here. Check back in a couple weeks. Posts here will be talking about what a great player he is, just like last year and the year before.

To be more precise, he has great hands. He has a strong arm. He can run. He’s got pop in his bat. And he’s got elite baseball IQ. He doesn’t have great bat to ball skills (strikes out a bit too much), which is his only slight negative.
    So, first paragraph you say elite everything and then go on to clarify that he only has elite baseball IQ. Again, not knocking him. I generally agree with the second paragraph. Solid player. Pro prospect.I don't see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Not a pro prospect? Like at all?!
    Do you think he is because of what you see with your own eyes or is that because of what everyone else is saying?

My point is, I don't see it. I will be more than happy to say I am wrong if he ends up ascending the minor league ranks and makes a run at a pro team.

Quote Originally Posted by stpacronym View Post
    So, first paragraph you say elite everything and then go on to clarify that he only has elite baseball IQ. Again, not knocking him. I generally agree with the second paragraph. Solid player. Pro prospect.I don't see that.
    He’s got a professional level skill set in all aspects. And trust me, guys aren’t drafted on statistics.although after a slow start last season, his were very good.

4. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

I think you’d be surprised at how many errors some MLB middle infielders made in college seasons.

And he’s been given more opportunities because of his talent. You’ve watched some games in person and on tv. That’s great. You have your opinion. MLB teams, folks that choose who plays in the Cape Cod League, as well as now two head coaches at UL feel differently.
    Whatever.

There are a few on here that believe he hung the moon and that’s fine. I enjoy watching him play and always pull hard for my team, however, I am not blinded by the hype. May he continue to live on the pedestal while here and have a long baseball career. I don’t see him cruising into the MLB.

Kind of like those on this board that proclaimed that BT would run circles around Bregman. That just did not happen. BT was a good player. He now is getting his chance. If Cantrelle continues to improve, he may have that same opportunity. After he is finished here, trust me, he will no longer be on that pedestal.

Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Do you think he is because of what you see with your own eyes or is that because of what everyone else is saying?

My point is, I don't see it. I will be more than happy to say I am wrong if he ends up ascending the minor league ranks and makes a run at a pro team.
    My eyes, his stats, and experts who opine on the subject. In other words all of the above.

For someone who doesn’t understand that minor leagues IS pro baseball, perhaps you shouldn’t trust your eyes.

To say he is not a pro prospect is saying not only he won’t be drafted, but he won’t even be offered as a free agent. Hayden will be drafted barring some crazy injury. He was already drafted by the Yankees out of high school. He’s been a pro prospect since he was in high school.

Hilariously bad take.

He’s got a professional level skill set in all aspects. And trust me, guys aren’t drafted on statistics.although after a slow start last season, his were very good.
    I never once mentioned statistics. I have not looked at them. I'm not trying to determine if he is a good player on our team, I already mentioned that I think he is a solid college player.

I don't think Hayden has lived up to the hype, because it was pretty insane, but he is absolutely a pro prospect. And more than a "solid" player.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    My eyes, his stats, and experts who opine on the subject. In other words all of the above.

For someone who doesn’t understand that minor leagues IS pro baseball, perhaps you shouldn’t trust your eyes.

To say he is not a pro prospect is saying not only he won’t be drafted, but he won’t even be offered as a free agent. Hayden will be drafted barring some crazy injury. He was already drafted by the Yankees out of high school. He’s been a pro prospect since he was in high school.

Hilariously bad take.
    Pro prospect or pro participant? And, I'm sure you understand that I was referring to a roster spot on a MLB team.

Pro prospect or pro participant? And, I'm sure you understand that I was referring to a roster spot on a MLB team.
    I read what you typed.

Anywho, I am bowing out. I made my point. Y'all made y'alls. It's just going to go in circles from here. Hoping he has a monster year and we play our way into a regional.

Not hammering him. He is a ball player. Solid college player. I don't see all american nor pro prospect.
    Not sure if serious. Pls use winkies if sarcastic

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I'm sorry, but a 5 tool player does not consistently start off slow (3 for 3 on this) and commit 15 errors in a season on defense.

He is a good baseball player that I and most are glad that we have, but has been given way more opportunities than most. Most that have consistently started as he has over the past three years would have found themselves on the bench at some point or for some time.

Save all the grandious. We have gone to games and watched on tv.

For this year, may his slow start end quicker than it has in the past. We need him NOW.
    Given more opportunities? Invited to the Cape and made it his _____ twice.

13. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Given more opportunities? Invited to the Cape and made it his _____ twice.
    Yes and for the life of me don’t remember the Cajuns benefitting from one hit, one run or one out that he made AT THE CAPE.

Whatever.

There are a few on here that believe he hung the moon and that’s fine. I enjoy watching him play and always pull hard for my team, however, I am not blinded by the hype. May he continue to live on the pedestal while here and have a long baseball career. I don’t see him cruising into the MLB.

Kind of like those on this board that proclaimed that BT would run circles around Bregman. That just did not happen. BT was a good player. He now is getting his chance. If Cantrelle continues to improve, he may have that same opportunity. After he is finished here, trust me, he will no longer be on that pedestal.
    BT was on good teams. Two completely diff players anyway. BT is a defensive wizard and ok offensive player on regional/super regional teams.

5 is an on base machine playing out of position on crappy teams. His talent has been squandered.

Yes and for the life of me don’t remember the Cajuns benefitting from one hit, one run or one out that he made AT THE CAPE.

I think we agree that is not his fault.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information