Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Based on tools though, right?

Based on production when the team desperately needs him, he's an UDFA.
    Yes. His tools are very good. He's made two Cape All-Star teams. So obviously the tools are there. Freshman year the team was average and he was just getting started and played well for a freshman. Last year the team was bad and he still raised his OPS .100 to .930. He has not had the luxury of being on a good team, when it is easier to play well.

Couple that with the fact he is playing out of position defensively and he can look underwhelming at times here. MLB doesn't care, though.

Hitting is contagious. So is not hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Good Lord. Sounds like some little league benchwarmer's mom.
    not even close cat, I just don't like the way he carries himself on the field. I had no issues with hair color during the world series years.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    not even close cat, I just don't like the way he carries himself on the field. I had no issues with hair color during the world series years.
    World Series year. That's fine. I used to say the same about Bryce Harper in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    How's the pitching in the Cape, wasn't he MVP or something? Probably better pitching than Southeastern/Tulane/Tech, nay? Remember when Barry Bonds struggled in the playoffs with the Pirates. Maybe comparing apples to oranges, but hitters are streaky, the great thing about Cantrelle is he has been able to still get on base and contribute even while struggling. That is the sign of a very established hitter in my opinion.

I think you guys are being a bit too hard on the kid. Who cares what anyone looks like or his hair color. Remember all those yellow hair players on our college world series team. C'mon now

In his youtube channel he comes across as more helpful than a me guy. Check it out, I didn't get that kind of vibe at all. If I had a kid that was an aspiring ballplayer I would recommend it.
    All star team both years played. They swing wood bats and every pitcher is all conference, All-American, or both. 5Guy is fine.

Dad is bringing the wood!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    The kid was a Cape Cod League All Star and far and away the most talented position player on this team.

He’s started slow every season. You may not be trying to “marginalize the guy” but you’ve ripped on him about 5-6 posts in a row now.

We are 4 games into a 56 game schedule. That’s the equivalent of the first half of the first game in a football season.
    I’m not talking about this season and I havent ripped him. The guy can obviously play. All I said was, if you want to do the “look at me” crap, deliver when the lights are on. In that category, Cantrelle is Handy.

He had 31 RBI (team 6th) from lead off on a bad team last year.

I’m not talking about this season and I havent ripped him. The guy can obviously play. All I said was, if you want to do the “look at me” crap, deliver when the lights are on. In that category, Cantrelle is Handy.
    Ouch

Based on tools though, right?

Based on production when the team desperately needs him, he’s an UDFA.
    What tool, or what aspect of the game is he elite?

Quote Originally Posted by stpacronym View Post
    All of them. He’s a great player who’s off to a slow start.just like both of his previous seasons here. Check back in a couple weeks. Posts here will be talking about what a great player he is, just like last year and the year before.

To be more precise, he has great hands. He has a strong arm. He can run. He’s got pop in his bat. And he’s got elite baseball IQ. He doesn’t have great bat to ball skills (strikes out a bit too much), which is his only slight negative.

Well he was ranked the 4th best player in the entire Cape league and was noted to probably be the fastest player in the Cape last year. So I will say, speed.

https://www.prospectslive.com/mlb-dr.top-25-players

12. Default Re: Tulane Thwarts Cajuns' Rally, 9-6

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    All of them. He's a great player who's off to a slow start.just like both of his previous seasons here. Check back in a couple weeks. Posts here will be talking about what a great player he is, just like last year and the year before.

To be more precise, he has great hands. He has a strong arm. He can run. He's got pop in his bat. And he's got elite baseball IQ. He doesn't have great bat to ball skills (strikes out a bit too much), which is his only slight negative.
    I'm sorry, but a 5 tool player does not consistently start off slow (3 for 3 on this) and commit 15 errors in a season on defense.

He is a good baseball player that I and most are glad that we have, but has been given way more opportunities than most. Most that have consistently started as he has over the past three years would have found themselves on the bench at some point or for some time.

Save all the grandious. We have gone to games and watched on tv.

For this year, may his slow start end quicker than it has in the past. We need him NOW.

Not hammering him. He is a ball player. Solid college player. I don't see all american nor pro prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I'm sorry, but a 5 tool player does not consistently start off slow (3 for 3 on this) and commit 15 errors in a season on defense.

He is a good baseball player that I and most are glad that we have, but has been given way more opportunities than most. Most that have consistently started as he has over the past three years would have found themselves on the bench at some point or for some time.

Save all the grandious. We have gone to games and watched on tv.

For this year, may his slow start end quicker than it has in the past. We need him NOW.
    I think you’d be surprised at how many errors some MLB middle infielders made in college seasons.

And he’s been given more opportunities because of his talent. You’ve watched some games in person and on tv. That’s great. You have your opinion. MLB teams, folks that choose who plays in the Cape Cod League, as well as now two head coaches at UL feel differently.

Not hammering him. He is a ball player. Solid college player. I don't see all american nor pro prospect.
    Not a pro prospect? Like at all?!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information