Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Football Staff

1. Default 2020 Football Staff

Any word on who will be replacing the staff members that left?

Default Re: Football Staff

Quote Originally Posted by cajunbrian2004 View Post
    Any word on who will be replacing the staff members that left?
    I don't know when the changes will be announced, but Coach Patrick Toney will be officially named DC. He has already changed his Twitter account to show he is the DC and Safety coach.

Coach Austin Armstrong from Georgia is the new Inside Linebacker Coach, replacing Coach Matt Powledge hired by Baylor.

I know Coach Napier has interviewed a few Coaches for the Special Teams position, including one currently that is a Special Teams Analyst at an SEC program and coached in the Big 12. I hear he is the favorite, but I've heard nothing official.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I don't know when the changes will be announced, but Coach Patrick Toney will be officially named DC. He has already changed his Twitter account to show he is the DC and Safety coach.

Coach Austin Armstrong from Georgia is the new Inside Linebacker Coach, replacing Coach Matt Powledge hired by Baylor.

I know Coach Napier has interviewed a few Coaches for the Special Teams position, including one currently that is a Special Teams Analyst at an SEC program and coached in the Big 12. I hear he is the favorite, but I've heard nothing official.
    The SBC board is saying that we are hiring Bobby Lamb as an analyst. I searched the internet, and UL sites, but didn't find anything about that.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post

Wasn't Powledge Outside Linebacker Coach as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Wasn't Powledge Outside Linebacker Coach as well?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    The SBC board is saying that we are hiring Bobby Lamb as an analyst. I searched the internet, and UL sites, but didn't find anything about that.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Makes sense, if you are counting assistant coaches to take an experienced coach and make him a analyst for the position.

Don t know if this is the same Bobby Lamb that was HC at Furman and Mercer and whose son is Taylor Lamb, formerly of App State?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Don t know if this is the same Bobby Lamb that was HC at Furman and Mercer and whose son is Taylor Lamb, formerly of App State?
    the same He coached Billy at Furman

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    yes

Great hire!

12. Default Re: Football Staff

Louisiana-Lafayette: Robby Discher, who previously served as the special teams coach at Toledo, has accepted the same position at ULL, Pete Thamel tweets. We can confirm the move.

13. Default Re: Football Staff

Quote Originally Posted by cajunbrian2004 View Post
    Louisiana-Lafayette: Robby Discher, who previously served as the special teams coach at Toledo, has accepted the same position at ULL, Pete Thamel tweets. We can confirm the move.
    .Damnjust UL or Louisiana!

14. Default Re: Football Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .Damnjust UL or Louisiana!
    Pete Thamel is a career coasting YAHOOer who used to work for Sports Illustrated.

Source: Louisiana is hiring Robby Discher as special teams coach. He held the same position at Toledo, where the Rockets had the country's No. 1 special teams in 2018.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information