Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: MBB: Louisiana vs South Alabama

Default Re: MBB: Louisiana vs South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    The very definition of "coaching" is preparing [and teaching your players to execute] a game plan which emphasizes your strengths, covers up your weaknesses, takes away your opponents strength and forces him to beat you with his weaknesses.
    You are taking what I said incorrectly. I just said I didn't have a problem with what he said because it was factual. Just because you say we didn't shoot well or we didn't defend well doesn't mean he's throwing players under the bus. I will question and have done so for some time now, as much as anyone the philosophy of coach to date, especially when discussing his embrace of analytics.

I was just referencing those who feel like he was throwing people under the bus. Stating the obvious and attempting to hold people accountable is not necessarily throwing them under the bus though.

2. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana vs South Alabama

Perhaps you need a refresher in how a coach takes responsibility. See Glasco, Napier take, see Big Fish pass responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Perhaps you need a refresher in how a coach takes responsibility. See Glasco, Napier take, see Big Fish pass responsibility.
    Or perhaps you need to listen to Glasco just a few days ago venting about how poorly they played?

4. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana vs South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Or perhaps you need to listen to Glasco just a few days ago venting about how poorly they played?
    Because HE did not have them prepared. Oh, you missed that.

5. UL Basketball Re: MBB: Louisiana vs South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    That's the part that Big Fish continues to not include.

That's the part that Big Fish continues to not include.
    Its baseball and softball season now. Casual fans like me really are concentrating about other sports now. That says it all.

7. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana vs South Alabama

Actually what you’re saying is absolutely true and sad. We’re approaching the three magic days in March and nobody cares.

Actually what you’re saying is absolutely true and sad. We’re approaching the three magic days in March and nobody cares.
    Trust me. I'm a rcaf member, dontae to every cause including alumni association, and if we not meaningful by start of diamond sports, color me not disinterested.

9. UL Basketball Re: MBB: Louisiana vs South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Trust me. I'm a rcaf member, dontae to every cause including alumni association, and if we not meaningful by start of diamond sports, color me not disinterested.
    When I say nobody I'm using Boomer's favorite word as a hyperbole

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    No dip____, I didn't miss it. He also said stated our flaws and how we didn't execute.

Sadly, three days in March applies to EVERY TEAM IN THE SBC.

Our league sucks. Nobody is our “NMSU”.who abandons football for basketball.

Neither of our teams will be playing in the dance or NIT. Men don’t have the health, women the height or athleticism. WBB will be Troy or Coastal, they’ve separated themselves talent wise from the mid pack

12. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana vs South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    No dip____, I didn't miss it. He also said stated our flaws and how we didn't execute.
    If you can’t figure it out after having been spoon fed, no one can help you. Nothing unusual. Another know it all shows he really knows little.

UL Basketball Re: MBB: Louisiana vs South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Sadly, three days in March applies to EVERY TEAM IN THE SBC.

Our league sucks. Nobody is our "NMSU".who abandons football for basketball.

Neither of our teams will be playing in the dance or NIT. Men don't have the health, women the height or athleticism. WBB will be Troy or Coastal, they've separated themselves talent wise from the mid pack
    NMSU spends less on basketball than we do. Stop with the excuses.

14. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana vs South Alabama

Sadly some here have bought into the three days in March nonsense. Under no circumstances can this season be considered a success short of advancing into the sweet 16. Getting lucky for 3 days in March isn’t important with the dismal season we’ve witnessed.

15. Default Re: MBB: Louisiana vs South Alabama

Sadly some here have bought into the three days in March nonsense. Under no circumstances can this season be considered a success short of advancing into the sweet 16. Getting lucky for 3 days in March isn’t important with the dismal season we’ve witnessed.
    They are a little old for the Sweet 16 dance.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information