4: 1/3 Teaspoon Oregano
    5: 1 Teaspoon celery salt
    6: 1 Teaspoon black pepper
    7: 1 Teaspoon dried mustard
    8: 4 Teaspoon Paprika
    9: 2 Teaspoon garlic salt
    10: 1 Teaspoon ground ginger
    11: 3 Teaspoon white pepper

These are the spices for 2 cups of flower. Depending on how much chicken you plan on frying you can double or triple these amounts. Dip chicken in milk and egg wash than coat chicken in flower mix. Fry at 350* until golden brown. Place on paper towels to absorb oil…..

NOTE: The white pepper was discontinued several years back. Why, I do not know. I don't think you will fine white pepper in stores around here. If you do let me know. Amazon has it for about $10 for a 16 oz. bag. But several older generation says when they did that they change the taste of the chicken. Eating fired checken is not baseball related, but it sure would be good at the ball park......

Default Re: I tried this and boy was it good:

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    For a Sunday afternoon:

KENTUCKY FRIED CHICKEN
    SPICES

1: 2/3 Tea spoon Salt
    2: ˝ Tea spoon Thyme
    3: ˝ Teaspoon Basil
    4: 1/3 Teaspoon Oregano
    5: 1 Teaspoon celery salt
    6: 1 Teaspoon black pepper
    7: 1 Teaspoon dried mustard
    8: 4 Teaspoon Paprika
    9: 2 Teaspoon garlic salt
    10: 1 Teaspoon ground ginger
    11: 3 Teaspoon white pepper

These are the spices for 2 cups of flower. Depending on how much chicken you plan on frying you can double or triple these amounts. Dip chicken in milk and egg wash than coat chicken in flower mix. Fry at 350* until golden brown. Place on paper towels to absorb oil…..

NOTE: The white pepper was discontinued several years back. Why, I do not know. I don't think you will fine white pepper in stores around here. If you do let me know. Amazon has it for about $10 for a 16 oz. bag. But several older generation says when they did that they change the taste of the chicken. Eating fired checken is not baseball related, but it sure would be good at the ball park......
    White pepper is still available. Used to get it at Winn Dixie before they sold out to Super 1. Haven't looked lately but I believe they still sell it. Will check next time I'm shopping.

Yea, I looked in my pantry and found some. McCormic has it. I fried chicken without white pepper yesterday and it was good. If you notice the white is the most of the spices....like I said, don't know why they stop with the white pepper.

My mamma is from Kentucky and fries some of the best fried chicken this side of the Mississippi! With that said next time we fry some chicken I’ll check this recipe out!

Thread Information