Thread: Still fuming over weekend, Cajuns softball coach Gerry Glasco surveying potential solutions

1. UL Softball Still fuming over weekend, Cajuns softball coach Gerry Glasco surveying potential solutions

UL softball coach Gerry Glasco wasn’t in the mood to pull any punches or accept any consolation prizes in Monday’s weekly news conference after his No. 8-ranked Ragin’ Cajuns settled for a 3-1 record over the weekend in the 34th Annual Louisiana Classics.

Default Re: Still fuming over weekend, Cajuns softball coach Gerry Glasco surveying potential solutions

WOW

Default Re: Still fuming over weekend, Cajuns softball coach Gerry Glasco surveying potential solutions

But I was told he's making excuses...

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Not from what I see here.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    From who? Loyalists to the guy suing our university? Coach Glasco’s not going to make excuses. He expects to win.

IMO, there is some good and bad in this article. Good is definitely not making excuses. Bad is four games into the season and he said he is throwing out preseason plans. That seems a bit hasty to me, short of panic mode, but still concerning.

I've gotten to know this coach.....he doesn't make excuses and he will own it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    IMO, there is some good and bad in this article. Good is definitely not making excuses. Bad is four games into the season and he said he is throwing out preseason plans. That seems a bit hasty to me, short of panic mode, but still concerning.
    He said during media day that if they had a close win or a loss in the first 7 games that he would throw out his plans and go with the lineup that he feels is the best 9 bats.

Think his players need to better understand his expectations and he's obviously going to show them.

10. Default Re: Still fuming over weekend, Cajuns softball coach Gerry Glasco surveying potential solutions

Looks like a coach I can respect. He’s pretty much put everything on his back. If they’re playing poorly he’s not done a good enough job preparing them. Maybe some other coaches should read this.

I love and respect Coach Glasco and his transparency. I expect most of his players do as well. No one is going to please 100% of the players or people. I am curious to see how his win now philosophy is balanced with developing for the future as well. Roman is going to be a heckuva of player, but may not quite be ready for a WCWS roster (still too early to tell). Same as developing the younger pitchers with 2 seniors getting 99% of the innings. This isn't just a challenge for Glasco from a coaching perspective or softball alone, but I do believe it is more difficult for programs who have such high expectations going into a season.

I want the high expectations in every sport at UL, it is a very good problem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Looks like a coach I can respect. He’s pretty much put everything on his back. If they’re playing poorly he’s not done a good enough job preparing them. Maybe some other coaches should read this.
    Look at the recent hires not one of them makes excuses

13. Default Re: Still fuming over weekend, Cajuns softball coach Gerry Glasco surveying potential solutions

Yeah, our soccer and football coaches have similar attitudes.

Thread Information